A Lame Day of Eats…Aww Shucks

by Courtney on November 1, 2010

Happy Monday everyone! I hope ya’ll got your workweek off to a great start. :)

I got my workweek off to a great start with a little exercise action this morning: Jackie Warner’s Total Body Power Circuit from Exercise on Demand. I was really pleased with how much my muscles felt worked from when I did it on Friday, so I decided to give it another go. It’s a great way to spend 40 minutes!

Breakfast

Was kinda boring, since I ended up running late for work, but I promise it was delish!

A spotty banana…love ‘em this way!

A slice of my Cranberry Apple Bread (recipe to come soon, I promise) ;)

Along with some Caramel Macchiato coffee, to-go. This breakfast was obviously pretty small, especially for just having completed an early morning workout. I ended up snacking on a granola bar and an apple mid-morning too…I was starving!

Lunch

Craziness at the teacher’s desk! :shock:

Some carrots, celery, & grape tomatoes with hommus, 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese mixed with a heaping tbsp. pumpkin butter, a not-quite-ripe-yet pear (grrr), and a milk chocolate adora disk.

Also kinda boring. But hey, it’s Monday. ;) I also snacked on some Kashi crackers later in the afternoon while sitting and waiting (for over an hour) to get my oil changed in my car. I’ll tell ya, it was a good thing I had those babies in my bag!

Dinner

Immediately after getting home, I set to work in the kitchen to do a little baking. I must say, I am beyond ecstatic with my new creation…

I still need to work up a final recipe, but I’ll give you guys a hint for now…leftover Halloween candy anyone??? ;)

While “doin’ my Betty Crocker thang,” I ended up squeezing in some dinner.

I quickly cooked up some egg whites mixed with a little dried basil, then topped ‘em off with some provolone cheese and tomato slices. Simple but delicious!

Along with my eggs I had 2 slices of my Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread, which I topped with a little light butter + pumpkin butter. Note to Self: Don’t try to toast things while tending to the oven…burnt toast is no good. :oops:

To be honest, today’s eats were pretty boring and I actually debated on not even sharing them with you all today. However, I decided it could serve as a good reminder for the fact that we can’t all have perfect and exciting meals everyday. Yes, some meals are going to be boring. Some may even turn out disgusting. It happens. But hey, it’s part of life, we deal with it, and we hope for something better the next day.

At least for, I have some delicious cookies out in my kitchen to make up for it. ;)

Question for the Evening:

How much Halloween Candy did you consume yesterday (or today)? What’s your favorite Halloween candy??

For me, it’s gotta be 100 Grand! Soooo good! :)

1 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com November 1, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I can’t wait for the cookie recipe!! My favorite Halloween candy from yesterday had to be skittles. I think your dinner from tonight looks really good!

2 Tiffany November 1, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Love that you took th epicture on the HM Theme Skills test. I just gave that test last week. =)

3 Courtney November 1, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Hahaha, gotta do whatcha gotta do! ;)

4 Katy November 1, 2010 at 7:50 pm

I ate a terrible amount of fun-size treats yesterday. I went to my mom’s house and her bowl was overflowing with all of the good stuff. I was sort of mad at myself, but I knew the only way to feel better was to get right back on track today. I’m such a sucker for all things chocolate. She had two types of M&M’s, Snickers, Twix, and Kit Kat’s and Whoppers for all of the tricker treaters. AHHH!

Also, I think your eats were just fine. I definitely have days when things are a little more low key, and I sometimes enjoy it that way ;)

5 Courtney November 1, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Oh my gosh, I would have gone nuts with all those goodies! YUMMM!!! :-P

6 Tina November 1, 2010 at 7:52 pm

My eats are always pretty boring. LOL I eat so many of the same things over and over. It’s a big part of why I’m not a food blogger and just a more general lifestyle blogger. ;) Everything still looked delicious to me though!

7 Liz @ LBBakes November 1, 2010 at 8:13 pm

Mmmm, can’t wait for the cookie recipe! I’d say my all-time favorite is 3 Musketeers, but my modern-day fav is Take 5!

8 Jaclyn (Ananda Prana) November 1, 2010 at 8:15 pm

I had two mini butterfingers today :) They were staring at me in the break room at work!

9 Liz @ Blog is the New Black November 1, 2010 at 8:17 pm

My fav is DEF Reeses! Your cran-app bread looks divine!

10 justjac November 1, 2010 at 9:39 pm

I’m not a huge candy girl, but I used to love 100 grands. I mean pb and chocolate, you can’t really go wrong! Okay so I was pretty good with passing up the whole halloween candy…. but not so much with some chocolate ice cream cake that found its way to me tonight, LOL!!!!!!

11 Julia November 1, 2010 at 10:49 pm

I ate so much Halloween candy-hellooo milky ways and snickers, yum! I also baked a bunch of pumpkin cookies and some pumpkin bread. Glad you posted-the eggs with cheese and tomato are a perfect idea for breakfast tomorrow :)

12 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous November 1, 2010 at 10:51 pm

kitkats for me!

13 CaSaundra November 2, 2010 at 8:21 am

Oo I love cinnamon raisin bread..you just reminded me I should make a homemade loaf soon!

14 Jenna November 2, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Cinnamon raisin bread is so good! I am a big fan of breakfast for dinner :)

15 *Andrea* November 2, 2010 at 1:16 pm

omg your eats look DELICIOUS to me!! not boring at all. can’t wait for those recipes :)

16 sweetoothrunner November 2, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Hey, I agree, your eats don’t look boring at all- they look really yummy!
Mmm those cookies look good! Can’t wait for the recipes too, especially the cranberry-apple bread! Looks divine!

17 leashieloo November 2, 2010 at 10:44 pm

Omg, post the cookie recipe! The second you said Halloween candy, I was on board…wow.