I’ll Order the Omelet, Please

by Courtney on November 7, 2010

Can you believe that I have been up since 6:30 this morning?? :shock:

And that’s without an alarm!

I mean, I know we got our extra hour of sleep last night and all, but waking up that early, without an alarm, is practically unheard of for me! So rather than attempting to force myself back to sleep, I rolled out of bed and took advantage of the early morning hours by catching up on some housework and paying some bills. I was quite productive, and all before 8am. ;)

After brewing up some coffee and lounging on the couch with my mug-o-joe and catching up on some magazine reading, the morning got even BETTER when hubby asked if I’d like him to cook breakfast…

Seriously? Who kidnapped my husband and sent you here??

;)

Actually, breakfast is the one thing thing that Jay doesn’t mind cooking…especially omelets. He is one heck of an omelet-maker! I think he must secretly be watching me when I prep in the kitchen, because I was rather impressed with I saw his prep station:

Who knew?!? :)

I “ordered” a 1 egg + 2 egg white veggie omelet, complete with a side of whole wheat toast.

The toast was from the loaf that I picked up yesterday at the Farmer’s Market. It’s delish with a little raspberry jam. :-P

My omelet included a mix of green peppers, onions, and tomatoes, along with a little provolone cheese.

One advantage to enjoying omelets at home is that you get to control the amount of cheese! I really do enjoy having cheese in my omelets, but I never order it when I go out. There’s something about the 37 slices worth that they usually seem to put in at restaurants that turns my stomach. BLEH! :shock:

But not today! This baby was perfection. Thanks, Jay! :-D

Since hubby cooked up a delicious breakfast, I offered to take care of the clean up. Nice idea, right?

Wrong…

Grrrrrr!! My damn porcelain sink! I can’t tell you how many dishes I’ve broken in this thing. I was not a happy camper…

but luckily I had this guy right around the corner that quickly lifted my spirits. :)

Cody wanted me to tell you all that he says “Good Meowwworning” and that he hopes you have a fantastic Sunday!

Questions for the Day:

Do you ever feel a difference with Daylight Savings Time?

What you rather do: The cooking or the cleaning? ;)

1 Darcy Pogue November 7, 2010 at 11:55 am

I’d def. rather do the cooking……..which is what i”m going to spend a lot of time doing today! I have to have the weeks’ meals planned so I can go to the gym most days this week……..I”m on a roll……..see you soon!

2 Charlie November 7, 2010 at 12:14 pm

I love cooking.
And I hate cleaning.
So it answers the question :P.

3 Shanna, like Banana November 7, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Cooking, any day!

We had a porcelain sink growing up and I broke tons of dishes on it as well..argh.

Good meowing to Cody ;)

4 Jess November 7, 2010 at 12:45 pm

I would always rather do the cooking. When I bake, I try to bribe my mom to clean up for me if I’ll give her one of the treats!

5 Liz @ Blog is the New Black November 7, 2010 at 1:13 pm

I def take cooking over cleaning ANY day but Lloyd can’t cook so I’ll never know what it’s like to choose! ;) Your poor mug! Your omelet looks soooo tasty.

6 kiltz7 November 7, 2010 at 1:14 pm

okay so i know your question yesterday was, whats been the best part about your saturday so far, buttt i had a much better saturday night and SUNDAY morning and thought id share and follow up to my last comment..

last night i went to the store and found not only the pumpkin butter i asked you about (so i bought two jars) but also the pumpkin jello pudding!!! I came home and made a recipe called ‘pumpkin crumb bars’ from a blog called “Cook Teen” (she has a great blog as well with lots of baking recipes–check them out!) that called for a jar of pumpkin butter. they were greaaat. all my roomies and teammates loved them. being in college and living with roommates still means i get both cooking and cleaning duties. oh well!
then i got up early this morning and did a Bikram Hot Yoga 90 min. Class. Such a nice change up, forgot how good and refreshed it makes you feel after! then i came home and made two whole wheat waffles topped with some dollops of plain greek yogurt swirled with pumpkin butter and lightly drizzled with some syrup. they were phenomenaaaal.

you omelet looks GREAT though and i completely agree about the cheese thing. thanks again and have a great sunday!

7 Jessie November 7, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Cooking!! I am well on the way today! Made muffins. brunch and dinner is in the crock pot! Oh and the laundry is finished just needs to be put away!

8 Jenna November 7, 2010 at 2:03 pm

That omelet looks super good! I would rather do the cooking but I really don’t mind cleaning either :) I’m kind of a neat freak.

9 Chicago Cuisine Critique November 7, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Way to go Jay! That omelette looks delicious!

10 Amy November 7, 2010 at 4:22 pm

I’d rather do the cooking anyday. I hate cleaning of any kind, which is what I’m about to go do. Blah!!!

11 Faith November 7, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Noooo! Poor Anthro mug :/

12 Katy November 7, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I had an omelet this morning too! :)

I always have a difficult time adjusting to Daylight Savings. I was up EARLY this morning. Oh well…

I would much rather do the cooking. I love the ability to be creative with my food. :)

13 leashieloo November 7, 2010 at 7:04 pm

I feel more awake with the extra hour, I love it!

14 onehungrymonster November 7, 2010 at 7:26 pm

I love daylight savings, I like how it is light when I get home from work.
I prefer to cook, I hate washing up the dishes, scrubbing pans, yuck :-(

15 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 7, 2010 at 7:29 pm

Cooking, hands down. I love when I make my BF dinner and he does all the dishes…of course it helps that he has a dishwasher at his place, so he’s kind of cheating ;)

Hope you’re having a great end to your weekend!!

16 CaSaundra November 8, 2010 at 9:35 am

Nothing better than a hubby that cooks omelets–it looks like it came out perfect. Definitely better than a restaurant omelet!

17 Tyka Ndutyke November 9, 2010 at 8:28 pm

hey hello i’m tyka from indonesia. i like your posts and the pinky theme? pretty!

i prefer cooking. well actually it’s always one of them, but not both of them. when someone is cooking for me, i do the dishes, vice versa :)

btw, i wake up at 4 am in the morning, like almost everyday, hehehe. i have to go to work at 6 am, because most public schools in indonesia, start at 6.30. i’m a teacher, by the way.

this is my blog that’s written in english (just in case you wanna blogwalk):