It’s been a pretty “chill” day in this household today.
Jay and I originally had plans to meet up for breakfast with some of our friends, but unfortunately, hubby woke up with a migraine this morning and has been on the couch all day. Poor guy…I used to get migraines; they are no joke. 😳
So after realizing our morning plans were given the kibosh, I decided to lace up my sneaks for a run on the treadmill. I completed 4.25 miles in just under 40 minutes, by doing various intervals throughout. I felt great! AND, I must say…it’s quite nice to actually have a TV in front of the treadmill to watch now!
This morning Austin Powers was on, which provided a few good laughs. It definitely makes the time go by much quicker.
After showering up and eating a quick breakfast of toast with PB + pumpkin cream cheese + banana slices (YAY for recycled photos!) 😉
I went and took care of our grocery shopping for the week. I grabbed an iced coffee with skim milk on my way to the store; I don’t know what it is, but I almost always need something to sip on while perusing through the aisles. 😛
Once I got home, I did some laundry…which is always a favorite of mine (notice the sarcasm?) and caught up on some magazines. Believe it or not, I still have two more waiting for me. 😯
Then it was time to just be lazy. Cody got in on the action too.
But I DID make sure he was up to see the Jets get their victory today. WOOO HOOO!
He was obviously just as excited as me. 😉
After the game, it was time to make some dinner. I already planned on having some of our leftover Bruschetta Chicken Bake, but I decided to whip up a snazzy green bean dish to go along with the meal.
After cooking up the green beans, I sautéed them up in a little balsamic vinaigrette dressing, mixed with tomato and onion. It was super quick, and hubby looooved em!
Balsamic Green Beans with Tomato & Onion
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette dressing (I used Newman’s Own Light Balsamic)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Gold
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Drizzle lemon juice
- Place green beans in 2qt saucepan filled with 1 inch water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook 6-8 minutes until crisp tender. Drain green beans and rinse immediately with cold water. Put aside.
- Using a medium skillet over medium heat, cook onions in balsamic dressing about 3-4 minutes, until tender. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, garlic gold, and salt. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, stir to combine, and allow to heat through. Drizzle with lemon juice right before serving. ENJOY! 😛
This stuff is just as good the second time around. YUM!!
I’m thinking maybe a movie is in order this evening? I need a little somethin’ to combat those Sunday blues. I think I need to go check out my video stash!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Question for the Evening:
What’s the last good movie YOU saw??