It’s been a pretty “chill” day in this household today.
Jay and I originally had plans to meet up for breakfast with some of our friends, but unfortunately, hubby woke up with a migraine this morning and has been on the couch all day. Poor guy…I used to get migraines; they are no joke.
So after realizing our morning plans were given the kibosh, I decided to lace up my sneaks for a run on the treadmill. I completed 4.25 miles in just under 40 minutes, by doing various intervals throughout. I felt great! AND, I must say…it’s quite nice to actually have a TV in front of the treadmill to watch now!
This morning Austin Powers was on, which provided a few good laughs. It definitely makes the time go by much quicker.
After showering up and eating a quick breakfast of toast with PB + pumpkin cream cheese + banana slices (YAY for recycled photos!)
I went and took care of our grocery shopping for the week. I grabbed an iced coffee with skim milk on my way to the store; I don’t know what it is, but I almost always need something to sip on while perusing through the aisles.
Once I got home, I did some laundry…which is always a favorite of mine (notice the sarcasm?) and caught up on some magazines. Believe it or not, I still have two more waiting for me.
Then it was time to just be lazy. Cody got in on the action too.
But I DID make sure he was up to see the Jets get their victory today. WOOO HOOO!
He was obviously just as excited as me.
After the game, it was time to make some dinner. I already planned on having some of our leftover Bruschetta Chicken Bake, but I decided to whip up a snazzy green bean dish to go along with the meal.
After cooking up the green beans, I sautéed them up in a little balsamic vinaigrette dressing, mixed with tomato and onion. It was super quick, and hubby looooved em!
Balsamic Green Beans with Tomato & Onion
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup light balsamic vinaigrette dressing (I used Newman’s Own Light Balsamic)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Gold
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Drizzle lemon juice
- Place green beans in 2qt saucepan filled with 1 inch water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook 6-8 minutes until crisp tender. Drain green beans and rinse immediately with cold water. Put aside.
- Using a medium skillet over medium heat, cook onions in balsamic dressing about 3-4 minutes, until tender. Stir in tomatoes, garlic, garlic gold, and salt. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, stir to combine, and allow to heat through. Drizzle with lemon juice right before serving. ENJOY!
This stuff is just as good the second time around. YUM!!
I’m thinking maybe a movie is in order this evening? I need a little somethin’ to combat those Sunday blues. I think I need to go check out my video stash!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Question for the Evening:
What’s the last good movie YOU saw??