The Decision Has Been Made

The plans have been finalized…

The deposit has been put down…

It’s time to REMODEL A KITCHEN!!

I am SO EXCITED to get this project started. As much as I’ve loved being able to cook in the same kitchen that my grandmother did for so many years, I’m definitely ready to make this space my own. It is, of course, the room I probably spend the most time in in this house! ;)

Here’s a sneak peek at what’s to come!

Before (now):

AFTER! :-D

Before:

AFTER! :-D

Before:

AFTER! :-D

Since the cabinets take about 2-3 weeks to come in, Jay and I have A LOT of work to get done in the mean time. In order to cut costs, we’re taking care of most of the demo work, which we’re planning to start in the next couple of days…it should be interesting!

Hopefully you’ll all follow me on my journey of attempting to come up with yummy, healthy meals…without a kitchen! :shock:

Question for the Day:

Have you ever done any remodeling in your home?

Any tips or advice to give? Perhaps some easy, “no-cook” recipes??? ;)

Comments

How exciting – I think home improvement projects are so much fun (even if a bit inconvenient while underway). I’m sure you’ll love your new kitchen.

The last 2 big projects at our place were landscaping our yard and tiling our bathrooms. Money very well spent. Maybe you could use a crockpot or microwave in another room for quick dinners.

Ohhh how exciting! I’m sure it’s going to turn out beautifully :)

My parents are really big on DIY so they have redone rooms in most of the houses we lived in growing up. Counter tops and backsplash are always super fun to pick out!

SO jealous! I would love to remodel our kitchen. It’s the one part of the house we didn’t get to. We redid our ENTIRE upstairs. Like, completely gutted and having to do plumbing, electricity, etc. We did it all ourselves too. While I was pregnant with M. Talk about a deadline and stressful!

oh tip, if you are buying the supplies yourself, home depot honors lowes coupons, as well as orchard supply coupons. they basically take whatever equivalent store is out there and honor their coupons. it helps because they are generally lower-priced and then you can tack on the additional % off.

5. Ashley says

Even more ‘rustic’ than remodeling– we lived in the (half-finished!) basement of our old house while the upstairs was being finished. All I had to work with was a big electric griddle, a microwave and a toaster oven.

You would be surprised at how much you can do without a full kitchen. Especially if you have time to make and freeze some items ahead of time, like chili and soups. The main thing we couldn’t have was pasta, but we still managed eggs and turkey bacon, rice, chicken, etc. Big salads are your savior too.

how exciting!!!
    we remodeled our kitchen, but it was during our entire condo remodel, so we were never actually living in there while it was being done.

very excited for you!

7. SkinnyRunner says

we remodeled our kitchen and did most of the work ourselves to save money too, its a headache to live with it but sure does make the remodel a lot cheaper!

Last year in my old house I re did my bathroom (well I didn’t, a professional did), it took about 2 wks, it wasn’t so bad, the main problem I had was all the mess, I am abit of a neat freak, if you can get over the mess you will be fine. Plus it is all worth it in the end.
    I guess the microwave will be you best friend for a while.