First Date Memories & A Little Demolition

by Courtney on November 17, 2010

I’ve gotta tell you guys…I absolutely LOVE reading about all of your first dates and tips for Date Nights in. They are great!

It occurred to me, however, that it wouldn’t be fair if I didn’t tell all of you about MY first date with the hubby. ;)

I was 15, he was 16. We both went to different high schools, so we didn’t know each other all that well, but we knew “of” each other. I think we were both a little scared to make our first “official date” just the two of us (how SCARY! :shock: ) so we joined a large group of friends for a night out of Midnight Bowling. We spent the entire night probably being super nervous, trying our best to impress the other without doing anything too embarrassing. Oh the horror! By the end of the night, we had our “First Kiss” right behind the scorekeeper…lanes 35 & 36, if you wanted to be exact. ;)

A couple days later, we were of “Official Boyfriend & Girlfriend” status, after a night of nervous hand-holding at the movies. I actually couldn’t remember the movie right away, but luckily, I had a resource…

On our “1 Year Anniversary” I made Jay a scrapbook commemorating our major milestone. ;)

Hard to believe this was over 10 years ago…WOW!

If you haven’t had a chance to share your First Date (or favorite Date Night in tips), there’s still time…which will enter you in my Date Night Dinner Giveaway!! What are you waiting for?!?! :)

Alright, let’s do a quick recap of some of today’s eats…

Breakfast

I had a strong hankering for pumpkin butter this morning!

So I had a lightly toasted slice of whole wheat bread, topped with some peanut butter & pumpkin butter. It’s an amazing combo!

A few hours later I also snacked on a Chobani, and a granola bar which went unphotographed.

Lunch

A couple days ago, I picked up this can of Muir Glen garden vegetable soup, using a coupon I snagged online.

The soup was quite tasty, but I probably won’t be buying it too often…it was $2.19 a can?!?! :shock:

I also snacked on some fresh diced pineapple, which was a nice change of pace.

Dinner

I was reeeeeally excited about dinner tonight, thanks to THIS:

Trader Joe’s Garlic & Herb Pizza Dough! YUMMMM!! :-P

I topped our pizza with a little pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes, red bell peppers, red onions, broccoli (for me) and some balsamic grilled chicken.

Mmmmmmm. :-P

I paired our pizza with a couple mini side salads, for some added veggies. Check out these yellow grape tomatoes…they are so sweet and delish!

I enjoyed 2 slices, one with broccoli, one without…both equally delicious. I definitely need to get some more of this pizza dough in my life. It’s soooo flavorful!

After dinner, some stuff went down…

Demolition has officially started!!! :shock:

And window shopping has begun to take place…

I’d be lying if I said this display didn’t excite me just a little bit. ;)

Heck, I’m ALREADY EXCITED!

Time go empty out some cabinets…and hopefully find a little something for dessert along the way. :)

Question for the Night…In honor of all our Date Night discussions:

Do you believe in love at first sight??

1 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ November 17, 2010 at 8:11 pm

I think love at first sight is totally possible. For example, me with your pizza. :)

2 Courtney November 18, 2010 at 8:13 am

LOL!! :-P

3 erica November 17, 2010 at 8:15 pm

i don’t know if you would say it’s loooove at first sight, but i def. believe that you get a vibe—it may not be love, but you know if the person is someone you can see yourself with or not.

i love your first date story! that is so sweet! :)

4 Liz @ Blog is the New Black November 17, 2010 at 8:35 pm

Sooooo cute that he still has the scrapbook! So funny.

Ahhhh, so exciting about your kitchen! That’s so great!

5 Melissa November 17, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Maybe not love at first *sight* but perhaps love at first meeting???

So excited to see your kitchen reno! Super fun! :D

6 Lisa @ I'm an Okie November 17, 2010 at 8:45 pm

Mine was an…”I feel good around you at first sight.”

7 Courtney November 18, 2010 at 8:13 am

I love that!

8 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 17, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Awwww I loooove the throwback pic!! I have to say that you don’t look much different- a bit more mature, but still gorgeous!!

For me and the boy, it wasn’t love at first sight since he was too drunk to remember meeting me and I was quasi-dating his best friend. BUT I think it was love at first kiss a few weeks later- we were inseparable after that!

9 Jess November 17, 2010 at 8:55 pm

I love the old pics!
I don’t really believe in love at first sight. I think you can have a feeling, but love is too strong to be that quick:)

10 Jess K. November 17, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Hmmm, love at first site…? No it’s not love, but like many comments already I think you can get a vibe. The first time I met my hubby it was with a group of people. I was actually dating someone else at the time, so it wasn’t until a few months later after I broke up with that person and then hubby and I started dating. I definitely never felt like that about anyone before, and I knew within a week or two that we would get married! I remember practicing writing my “new” last name within the first few weeks too! Sooo cheesey I know! We were engaged within 5 months and got married 9 months later, and celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary in September!

11 onehungrymonster November 17, 2010 at 11:00 pm

I don’t believe in love at first sight, but, I do believe you can get a vibe, get those little butterflies in your stomach when you see someone.
I was a little excited by your holiday picture too :-)

12 Shanna, like Banana November 17, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Awww super sweet story =) You guys look the same!!!

I believe in lust at first sight ;)

13 Courtney November 18, 2010 at 8:14 am

OW OWWWW! ;)

14 movesnmunchies November 18, 2010 at 1:58 am

what a sweet story!~! i definitely believe in love at first sight!

15 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 18, 2010 at 8:24 am

That’s so sweet! It’s hard to believe you two have been together that long. I love high school romances. :)

16 CaSaundra November 18, 2010 at 9:54 am

Aww it’s so much fun to read about other couple’s love stories–thanks for sharing :-)

17 Chicago Cuisine Critique November 18, 2010 at 10:54 am

That’s so cute that you still have that scrapbook. I love looking back on stuff like that. :)

18 Charlie November 18, 2010 at 12:21 pm

I don’t think you can fall in love with someone at first sight, just be interested in ;). I also think there is more passion at the beginning of a relationship and love takes more time to grow, as it takes time to really know someone ;).

And that salad looks delicious!!!

19 Michelle November 18, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I love making homemade pizza–looks delicious! Good luck with the remodeling!

20 Amy November 18, 2010 at 6:53 pm

I don’t believe in love at first sight but I believe u can get a real strong feeling about someone. from the first time my hubby and i met we have been inseperable. i cut his hair at the salon(must have been one heck of a haircut). We went on a date the next day and haven’t been apart since. he’s a keeper!!!