Mini Accomplishments

by Courtney on November 22, 2010

Sooooo…guess who got their own Facebook page over the weekend???

stslface

That’s right, Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life did! :-D

Make sure you go check it out by clicking here! I know we’d love it if ya “Liked” us. ;)

Workout

As per my usual Monday morning motivation, I got out of bed with fairly little effort (surprising?!?) to complete a little mix of strength + cardio:

• 10lb. Slimdown Total Body BLAST
  • 2 mile run

It was simple but shweaty. ;)

Today was kind of a busy day at work, since it was another (but thankfully our last) day of parent-teacher conferences. Remember those? Did your parents ever come home and try to make you nervous over what your teacher told them? Yeah…mine did. Good thing I was “an angel” back then. (Insert sarcasm there) ;)

Since I had conferences scattered all throughout the afternoon, I never really sat down for a full meal, but rather snacked throughout the day. Some days I actually like eating this way, so I really didn’t mind.

Some of the goods:

3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese + fresh pineapple – one of my favorite cottage cheese combos!

More of the usual… ;)

After work today, I had an appointment to get my hair done with my mom down at the shop that she works at (SO excited to get some of my red back – it’s even more red than before!) . As soon as I walked into the salon, I was greeted by an unexpected but VERY welcoming little face…

Meet Zoey! Is she not the sweetest thing ever??? :)

She definitely kept me occupied while hanging out with my hair dye…what a cutie!

Once I got home, it was definitely dinner time…and sandwich time it was.

A simple turkey + provolone cheese, with lettuce, pickles, & a smear of Eggplant Garlic spread. This stuff definitely made the sandwich. SO GOOD!

On the side, I snacked on some of the hubby’s French Onion SunChips – I forgot just how good these babies are. Luckily, I portioned out my serving before, to avoid from making multiple digs into the bag. ;)

Speaking of which, thanks so much to all of you who commented earlier on My Confession post. It was so nice hearing how so many of you are right there along with me. It can be a tough struggle sometimes, but knowing we’ve got support makes it that much easier!

Which is actually part of my motivation for only grabbing two of my Chocolate Chip Dough Balls tonight for dessert…rather than 5. :shock: Hey, it’s a mini accomplishment, right?

Only one more day of work this week before Thanksgiving break! I’m super psyched!!

Question for the Evening:

What mini (or BIG) accomplishment did you make today?

1 Julie @ Honey B. Nutrition November 22, 2010 at 8:44 pm

Big accomplishment… I FINALLY went to the doctor to sort out something I’ve been meaning to look in to for a long time. I always put off the doctor and I’ve been putting this one off for ages. No reason. But I am so proud I finally went and feeling very accomplished!

2 Melissa November 22, 2010 at 8:50 pm

BIG–working on being my best self & leaving bad habits behind for good. One day turns into two and so on. It’s the only way I’m every going to get better–and I WANT to get better! :D

3 Liz @ Blog is the New Black November 22, 2010 at 8:50 pm

Good for you on your mini accomplishment. Tonight, mine was not having any “fake sugar.” I allowed myself fruit only for today- I will have plenty on Thursday! :)

4 onehungrymonster November 22, 2010 at 8:58 pm

Zoey is adorable.
I have nearly finished my to do list, I am on holidays in 2 days and have a page of things to finish at work, I only have about 4 things left to do.

5 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous November 22, 2010 at 9:15 pm

What a cute pup! I got a lot of school work done today and I’m exhausted! Two more days til Thanksgiving!!!

6 Nick November 22, 2010 at 9:21 pm

One of my friends shared this link earlier today and I immediately thought of you…maybe a Christmas Break activity??? I may have to stop by if you make the baklava-filled ones!

7 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ November 22, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Zoey is too cute! My accomplishment for today was an 8.5 mile run that felt great.

8 movesnmunchies November 23, 2010 at 1:51 am

it really is! those little steps are what make us get to the goal! congrats!

9 kristisn November 23, 2010 at 5:08 am

My big accomplishment was remembering to pack some snacks for my day out of the house. I didn’t want to get hungry and make bad food choices.

10 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 23, 2010 at 8:11 am

I had a mini accomplishment too…not picking away at all the cookies I baked!! Usually I’ll have “just a half” or pick out the “good parts” (chocolate chips + walnuts), but last night I just ate one whole one and called it a night :)

11 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 23, 2010 at 8:43 am

I liked ya! I’m really going back and forth with making a Faith Fitness Fun page. I don’t know if I would manage to keep up with it though to make it worthwhile?

12 anonymous November 23, 2010 at 9:10 am

make one!!! please :)

13 anonymous November 23, 2010 at 9:10 am

zoey is too cute! my big accomplishment was cleaning the house yay :D

14 CaSaundra November 23, 2010 at 9:55 am

Oooh fun–I just became a fan on FB! :-)

15 leashieloo November 23, 2010 at 10:50 am

OMG, what kind of dog is Zoey?? TOO CUTE!

16 Carrie November 23, 2010 at 11:12 am

I love love love that pup! I want to take her home with me!

That sandwich looks really yummy!

17 curvaciouslyfierce November 23, 2010 at 1:56 pm

YUMMY!!!! You whole days food looked super cute and I <3 Zoey :)

18 Marg November 23, 2010 at 4:01 pm

That dog is so cute. I want an Australian Shepherd so bad.

19 cardiopizza November 23, 2010 at 6:25 pm

That dog is so precious! What a cutie!!!!

I have a problem with sunchips…I can’t stop with just a few! LOL!

I ‘liked’ your page :)