The Good, The Bad, & A Kitchen Update

by Courtney on November 28, 2010

Good News: Jay and I are back on the mend and almost feeling “normal” again today. :)

Bad News: The stomach bug has run rampant amongst my family…now my brother, Mom, Dad, and grandma have it. :oops:

Turns out, my one grandma was apparently sick with it during the week and must have still had it lingering when we saw her on Thanksgiving. This bug is no joke! It completely wiped us out…I don’t think I’ve slept so much in months. Luckily, it appears to only be a 24-48 hour pain in neck…or tummy, to be exact. ;)

Seeing as though I was cramped up in the house all day yesterday, I was craving some fresh air! So I offered to go out and pick up some bagels for breakfast. (I’m still craving nothing but carbs.)

I had a cinnamon raisin bagel, topped with some peanut butter & banana. It was incredibly delicious. I savored every.last.bite. Ahhh, to be able to enjoy food again! I’m still also downing ginger ale like it’s my job. ;)

Even though the stomach is better, I’m still lacking in the energy department, so much of my day has been spent relaxing on the couch and watching “In The Kitchen” on QVC. There’s some really fun stuff on here…I’ve had to restrain myself from grabbing the credit card a few times. :shock:

Jay, on the other hand, has gotten back to work in the kitchen:

He was planning on doing a lot of the electrical yesterday, so we’re a little behind schedule.

Yikes! :shock:

My current mantra: “It will ALL be worth it when it’s finished…”

Plus, it also helps a little when we get to go buy more fun stuff! :-D

On Friday afternoon, Jay and I set out to window shop for some appliances that we’ll be needing…well, “window shopping” turned into “actual shopping” thanks to some great deals!

We got a new over-the-stove microwave (no, it didn’t cost $749…that’s the price of the stove below) ;)

A dishwasher(!!!!!!!) <—The most exciting appliance yet…since the “dishwasher” in this house has pretty much been ME.

And new flooring! We got an incredible deal at Lowe’s, where it was about half the price of the other flooring we had been looking at. SCORE! :-D

Now that we have the internet turned back on in the house, I think it’s time to do a little online Christmas shopping!!

Question for the Day:

Do you like to do any online shopping??

If you have any good websites to share with great deals, feel free to share! :)

1 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine November 28, 2010 at 2:58 pm

AHH you must be SO pumped about the dishwasher. I LOVE coming to my parents’ house and being able to put everything in there instead of wash it by hand!!

Friday I online shopped my booty off. I don’t want to get my bank statement this month…

2 Sana November 28, 2010 at 2:58 pm
3 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun November 28, 2010 at 3:04 pm

I can’t do online shopping for other people…except maybe Peter & Makenzie. It’s weird because I HATE shopping, but have to do my Christmas shopping for others in stores. I’m too nervous otherwise.

And so happy you are feeling better!

4 Faith November 28, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Glad to hear that you’re on the mend!

I love shopping on ebay, but that’s about the extent of my online shopping. I guess I’m one of the few people in my generation who still prefers brick and mortar stores!

5 Peggy November 28, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Looks like your kitchen is coming along nicely! I’m definitely an online shopper, I haven’t been out in the Black Friday madness in ages! Amazon.com is definitely my best friend right now!

6 Holly November 28, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Hope you continue to feel better!! That SUCKS about the stomach flu :( & I hope your family gets to feeling better asap too! Your kitchen is looking SO good! I’m beyond excited for you- nice new dishwasher. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving :)

7 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ November 28, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Glad you’re both on the mend. :) And you’re right…it all will be worth it when you’re kitchen is done. Almost there.

I’ve been shopping online like crazy this weekend and actually finished my Xmas shopping. Yay! Amazon.com has by far been where most of my purchases were made. If you watch the lightning deals – you’ll get some pretty cool bargains and great products.

8 movesnmunchies November 28, 2010 at 4:15 pm

shopping online is soo difficult for me! i never know what sizes to get and how it will look! i definitely prefer to go out and hit the stores myself!

9 sweetoothrunner November 28, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I have done SO much online shopping recently, and will definitely do much more on Amazon with Christmas coming up! Am DEFINITELY not looking forward to my bank statement…! :S

10 Melissa (MelissaLIkesToEat) November 28, 2010 at 5:39 pm

New appliances are so fun! Glad you are feeling better!
I LOVE online shopping. I would buy everything online if I could. :)

11 Liz @ Blog is the New Black November 28, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Congrats on the fun new appliances!

I LOVE online shopping… I love having things delivered to my door and I always find promo codes to save some sweet moola!

12 Charlie November 28, 2010 at 7:32 pm

I usually online shop just to know a little where I am going when I go to the stores downtown. I buy online only when something I want is not available in stores or if I need something but can’t go buy it. Also, not using my credit card is the only way I don’t overspend and shopping online makes that impossible :p.

13 Lisa @ I'm an Okie November 28, 2010 at 7:57 pm

What a way to spend your break! I’m so sorry you got sick. Sounds like you got some MUCH needed rest!

I love your appliances. I really want new appliances, but I don’t need them. So frustrating!

14 CaSaundra November 30, 2010 at 8:57 am

Glad you guys are feeling better!!