The BodyPump That Wasn’t…

by Courtney on December 1, 2010

December 1st…REALLY???

I can hardly believe that it’s actually the beginning of December. Not that I’m complaining at all! I love everything about December and the weeks leading up to Christmas. The festive music, the lights, the chipper moods of everyone (well, at least me! ;) ) the baked goodies, the parties, the dressing up…

Oh yes, SOMEbody else also enjoys dressing up!

IMG_6480IMG_6482

Actually, that’s a lie. He despises this outfit…but his Mom made him wear it anyways.

Hey, what can I say! I saw it at Target and I couldn’t resist. :-P

Adventure to the Gym…

So after a great day of work, I planned to continue the fun by FINALLY getting myself to a BodyPump class. It’s been wayyyy too long!

Well, unfortunately, I’m going to have to wait a little longer. Here’s how my “fun” afternoon went…

• Leave work in the midst of the monsoon that we were blessed with today and got my 2nd shower for the day.
  • Begin to take my normal route to the gym to soon find out that the bridge up the road has been flooded – time to be re-routed. :roll:
  • Apparently, everyone and their grandmother decided to re-route the same way I did. Super.
  • Decide to crank up the Christmas station and belt up some tunes…dropped my water bottle in my lap while bustin’ a move. :oops:
  • Finally arrive at the gym (YIPPEEE!) but 10 minutes after I’m supposed to sign up for class. Fingers crossed
  • As I enter, the following conversation ensues:

Me (fishing through my bag):Sorry, just trying to find my keys.”

Guy: “Ahh that’s ok, just head on in.”

Me: “But I have to sign in for class?”

Guy: “Ohh, classes are cancelled this afternoon.”

CANCELLED? WHAAAAAT?!?!?!

Apparently the gym had lost power and only gotten it back about 20 minutes before I arrived, so they decided to cancel classes. I think someone was trying to tell me I should have worked out at home today… ;)

But nonetheless, since I was there, I figured I should do something. Luckily, I found ONE empty treadmill and may have knocked over about 5 people trying to “discreetly sprint” to get it. And victorious I was!

I ran 3 miles on the treadmill in just under 28 minutes, followed by another 25 minutes of walking at varying inclines between 7-10%. It may not have been BodyPump, but it left me pretty pumped up!

Breakfast Rewind

Another delicious morning meal was devoured at work today!

I love oatmeal. Have I ever mentioned that to you before? ;)

Today’s love affair:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • Pumpkin butter (>1 tbsp?)
  • Raisins
  • Cinnamon + Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • Topping: granola

Today’s lunch was basically a repeat of Monday’s, so I spare you all the monotonous photos. :)

Dinner

Jay and a friend of his are working hard in the kitchen tonight, so since I didn’t want to get in their way at all, I figured it would be a good night to order some pizza. Like I really need an excuse to order pizza anyways??

I got our goods from a new place tonight after getting a some recommendations from many of my co-workers about the fabulous pizza from Testo’s. On Wednesdays, Testo’s has an $8.00 pizza special – SCORE! :-D I, of course, still had to get half the pizza with peppers and onions.

The pizza was quite tasty! I wouldn’t say it was as good as my favorite local joint, but it was definitely worth it…plus it had lots of sauce, which I loooove. :-P

To make sure I didn’t go nuts on the pizza, I also ordered myself a side salad. I took off the cheese and the olives, and probably had about 3/4 of it. It was okay.

But I didn’t mind, since the pizza was enough to keep me happy. :)

I’m pretty sure I foresee some nice warm hot chocolate this evening while curling up on the couch watching Modern Family. Ahhhh yes, that’s definitely the plan!

Question for the Night:

What’s your favorite part of December??

1 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ December 1, 2010 at 8:05 pm

The Kitty is too cute in the Xmas outfit. I put my dogs through the same thing every year. I love it – them not so much. But it makes for super cute pics.

My favorite thing about December is finding just the right gifts for the special people in my life. Sooo fun.

2 Charlie December 1, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Having 2 weeks without any readings or exams is definitely my favorite part of December :P. And since I don’t work this year, I get to go see my father :).

3 Darcy Pogue December 1, 2010 at 8:15 pm

HMmmm, favorite part of December…..just about the same as you: festive lights, music, chipper moods, parties, yummy foods and of course great family time. I consider myself a little Christmas elf!
And I”m soooo glad you tried Testo’s! The pizza is yummy……and I seem to love their salads much more than you! Did you have the house salad dressing? That is the best…….and I”m so glad they sell it, because I guy it A LOT!

4 anonymous December 1, 2010 at 8:18 pm

fav part of dec. ? all of it! btw love the pics in the background of your breakfast pic :D so pretty! sorry about your lousy workout , oh well! :D

5 Courtney December 1, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Thanks! They help brighten my day :)

6 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 1, 2010 at 8:55 pm

Oh I hate days like that!

7 Paige @ Running Around Normal December 1, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Oh my goodness!! What are the odds?! Sorry for the mishap, but good for you for making a good out of the situation :)

8 Liz @ Blog is the New Black December 1, 2010 at 9:31 pm

I hate days like that- sorry girl! The rain makes everything so much worse.

9 Faith December 1, 2010 at 9:55 pm

My favorite part of December is going Christmas shopping and picking out gifts for everybody!

10 Nat December 1, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Your kitty’s in an oufit! :-D

11 caitlinandkaty December 1, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Courtney,

I see that you add vanilla almond milk to your oatmeal. I’m usually a skim milk gal, that I always enjoy on my cereal. However, I have recently thought about making the switch to vanilla almond. Could you tell me what it’s like? Is it tasty? Does it take getting used to? What does it compare to?

Thanks!

Katy

P.S. LOVE your blog.

12 Courtney December 2, 2010 at 7:44 am

I LOVE the vanilla almond milk in my oatmeal AND on cereal. Compared to skim, it’s certainly thicker, so be prepared for that. But I don’t find there to be much of a chalky taste or anything like that. I sweetens my oatmeal enough where I don’t need to add any sugars either. We always keep skim milk in our house too, so I drink that occasionally, but I can definitely tell the difference. Give it a shot! :)

13 caitlinandkaty December 2, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Thanks for you’re thoughts! Also, I meant to ask, do you buy the sweetened or the unsweetened?

14 Courtney December 2, 2010 at 6:38 pm

No prob! :)
I’m pretty sure the vanilla flavor is already sweetened?

15 Mariana December 1, 2010 at 11:11 pm

My favorite part of December is my birthday!
I also enjoy spending time with family and friends.

16 Shanna December 1, 2010 at 11:23 pm

Well Xmas of course ;)

And the excuse to finally wear cold weather clothes!

17 Jess December 1, 2010 at 11:40 pm

Now, my favorite part of December is winter break from college:) But I love Christmas in itself, too :)

18 movesnmunchies December 2, 2010 at 1:52 am

sounds like you still got a great workout! m fav part is Christmas and my bday!!!

19 Michelle December 2, 2010 at 4:08 am

My favorite part of December includes decorating for Christmas, the baked goods, and the break from school!

20 CaSaundra December 2, 2010 at 8:29 am

Pizza and salad is my kinda meal–and you can’t beat eight bucks! Looks good!

21 Sandra December 2, 2010 at 11:34 am

My favorite part of December is knowing no matter where I am, I always have family surrounded by me. Since I live in CA and I’m from NY having family around in December means having a slice of heaven on earth :)

22 Jessy (squeezetheday) December 2, 2010 at 1:00 pm

My favourite part of December are without a doubt the holidays (Christmas & New Year) and school break that comes with them, which also means spending time at home with my family. :)

23 Lindsay December 2, 2010 at 6:46 pm

I love so many parts of December. The atmosphere all around is just a little happier (except for Black Friday!). I love the food, family time, and the lights. P.S. I just got the Date Night package i won in the mail yesterday. I love it! Thank you so much!

24 Courtney December 2, 2010 at 7:28 pm

Awesome!! You’re welcome! :)

25 Noeleen December 13, 2010 at 6:35 am