Bloggers Love Pizza!

by Courtney on December 6, 2010

Boy, I’ll tell ya…nothin’ beats spending a Monday evening in a cozy local pizza parlor with some of my favorite “blends!” :-D

Tonight, I had the pleasure of meeting up with Emily, Jen, & Katie for some good, hometown pizza. But not just any pizza; it was my favorite pizza from DeFazio’s!

Jay and I have visited DeFazio’s a few times in our day, and it never disappoints. In my opinion, this stuff is seriously the best pizza goin’ around town! So after chatting with these ladies a couple months ago about pizza, I knew I needed to introduce these ladies to the best of the best.

Emily & Katie

Me & Jen

We started things off by getting a big salad to share. I love DeFazio’s salads not only for their dressing, but for the phenomenal cheese chunks they add on there. Soooo soooo good!

The four of us then got two pizzas to share which took us all of about five seconds to decide on. It totally helps when everyone is on the same page in the flavor department! ;) We ordered both of our pizzas with DeFazio’s Organic Whole Wheat dough, which is totally on point.

Pizza #1 – Goat Cheese

Imported Goat Cheese, Red Roasted Peppers, Red Onions, Olives, Fresh Tomato and Mozzarella Cheese

Pizza #2 – Eggplant Florentine

Sliced Seasoned Eggplant, Sautéed Spinach, Tomato Sauce, Extra Mozzarella Cheese and Spices

That darn Jen got to it faster than my camera could! ;)

I first got to work on the Goat Cheese; and by “got to work,” I mean “remove the olives

Olives are just one thing I still can’t acquire a taste for…blechh! :oops: I also had devoured a slice (+ another 1/2) of the Eggplant Florentine, but just now realized I never took an actual photo of it. I was too busy trying to snap a close-up of the fantastically fresh spinach…

IMG_6818IMG_6817

…but my camera was being fussy…and I was hungry, so I let it be. Trust me, it was phenomenal!

And so was being able to spend the evening with these lovely ladies! I’m looking forward to seeing them again in a couple weeks. :-D

Time to go get cozy on the couch with my boys!

Question for the Evening:

What’s YOUR all-time favorite pizza??

1 Jess December 6, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I love goat cheese, so that one looks amazing!
My all time favorite is probably BBQ chicken:)

2 Alicia December 6, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Yum!! Everything looks so yummy! Love local bloggers!!

3 Shanna, like Banana December 6, 2010 at 8:23 pm

I’m on a total pizza kick lately! Yummm!

Fave pizza is Chicago Deep Dish..I also love making TJ’s pizza dough at home with veggies and arugula. Double yum!

4 Charlie December 6, 2010 at 8:25 pm

There is lovely pizzeria I go to sometimes and they have my absolute favorite: pink sauce, asparagus & fontina pizza! Yummy :).

5 Darcy Pogue December 6, 2010 at 8:26 pm

I think you already know my favorite………Testo’s by far over anywhere else. I love pepperoni and red and/or green peppers on it. Their peppers are the best!
I would like to try DeFazios, so where is it and I’ll give it a try at some point. It will be hard for my husband though, to tear him away from HIS favorite~Valenti’s!

6 Vanessa December 8, 2010 at 6:45 pm

DeFazios is in DT troy, on 4th, i think. its pretty much the greatest pizza ever.

7 Courtney December 8, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Yes! It’s my favorite :-D

8 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ December 6, 2010 at 8:26 pm

Looks like you ladies had a fabulous outing & meal. Nice.

Pizza’s definitely my all-time favorite food and I love all types of it. But if I had to pinpoint the best pizza eating experience, it would have to be a traditional margherita from Naples Italy last July. Mmm.

9 Liz @ Blog is the New Black December 6, 2010 at 8:26 pm

I hate olives, too! GROSS!

My favorite pizza is either plain cheese or margherita pizza!

10 jen December 6, 2010 at 9:09 pm

I had SO much fun with you ladies tonight!! I loved DeFazio’s, but I think my favorite local pizza is Smitty’s in Voorheesville. That’s my hometown pizza place! I need to bring you guys there next time!! :-)

11 Katie H. December 6, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Thanks for introducing me to the deliciousness that is DeFazio’s :D

12 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) December 6, 2010 at 9:31 pm

I don’t like olives either….although I am trying to like them. I got myself to like mushrooms so it can be done. Now….bananas….that’s another story.

13 Laura (Starloz) December 6, 2010 at 9:57 pm

spinach & ricotta is my favourite

14 Salah December 6, 2010 at 10:28 pm

omg that all looks amazing!!! I adore pizza….no way I could choose one that I like more than the others….depends on my mood :-)

15 TheSceneFromMe December 6, 2010 at 10:47 pm

Of course I love pizza. My favorite is with feta and sun-dried tomatoes, plus lotsa onions!

16 Kris | iheartwellness.com December 6, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Girl this looks like a blast!! I love pizza, but have been sticking to my own vegan, gluten free option.

My favorite topping is black olives, isn’t that funny how everyone is different!!

I had them tonight :)

xxoo

17 Katy December 7, 2010 at 1:21 am

I am actually not a big pizza person, but if I do eat pizza, I love plain cheese!

18 movesnmunchies December 7, 2010 at 1:55 am

ahahha thats funny because I ONLY love olives on my pizza!

19 cardiopizza December 7, 2010 at 8:49 am

That place looks awesome!

My favorite pizza….ooh boy, I don’t know, I love mostly anything with cheese and sauce…If I had to choose it would be Donatos Pizza where I used to work, I love their thin crust!

20 CaSaundra December 7, 2010 at 9:34 am

Sounds like a blast to me! Nothing beats spending time with fun gals and eating delicious-looking pizza! Mmm!!

21 Nat December 7, 2010 at 9:51 am

My favorite kind of pizza is soy cheese, mushrooms, black olives and onions.

22 Jessy (squeezetheday) December 7, 2010 at 1:07 pm

If we eat pizza in a restaurant, I usually order margherita. However, my favourite kind is my brother’s home-made pizza – awesome cheese and tuna! Other toppings I also love on pizza are veggies (such as zucchini and pepper), corn, bacon, sour cream and eggs. :)

23 Lauren December 7, 2010 at 2:35 pm

This has nothing to do with your post, but last night I was watching The Sing- Off and there was a girl in one of the groups that looked JUST LIKE YOU! I swear she could be your long lost twin :)
I believe she was in the group called Pitch Slapped. You don’t have singing in your genes, do you?

24 Courtney December 7, 2010 at 6:06 pm

HAHAHA…definitely DON’T have singing in the genes! Dancing, yes, but singing…NO WAY. I’ll have to check her out though! :)

25 Lee @ College Foodie Finds December 11, 2010 at 10:09 pm

The eggplant florentine looks phenomenal! My all time favorite pizza is Lou Malnati’s Sausage Pizza! It is your ultimate Chicago Deep-Dish Pizza. Mmmm, if you are ever in the Chicago area you should most definitely check it out!