Just Call Me Debbie…

by Courtney on December 7, 2010

Just a friendly reminder: If you haven’t yet checked out the “Bring SnackJoy to Life Personality Contest,” make sure you take a peek! I’ve got my fingers crossed and am really hoping my slogan for The Laughing Cow’s Light Blue Cheese will win the coveted personality. To check out the goods and (hopefully) give me your vote, go ahead and CLICK HERE! Thanks guys! :-D

So today has been a little bit of a whirlwind of a day, and a hate to admit it but…

I’m totally rockin’ the “Debbie Downer” attitude tonight. :oops:

To start, the stress of the kitchen remodel is really starting to take a toll on Jay and I. We certainly didn’t expect it to be easy, but after a few unexpected discoveries…which lead to a few unexpected expenses…I guess we’re just plain frustrated. We’re ready for the work to be done, we’re ready to stop eating off plastic plates, and we’re ready to have our kitchen back to one room (rather than being dispersed throughout the entire house).

As if the kitchen woes weren’t already enough, I also found out some discouraging news earlier in the day which put a pretty good damper on my mood. Hmmph. :roll:

But hey, I guess I’m just having “one of those days.” We’re all entitled to ‘em, right? Now that I’ve gotten that off of my chest, I can already feel a little weight lifting…

So let’s not dwell on the negative; let’s focus on some positives – like FOOD. ;)

Today’s breakfast came in the fabulous form of a peanut butter + pumpkin sandwich.

I topped half of an Arnold’s whole wheat sandwich thin with some White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter, and the other half with a mix of pumpkin + pumpkin butter + cinnamon. It was deeeeLISH. :-P

I also rocked a killer Asian pear with breakfast. These pears are just fantastic. No doubt about it.

And of course some joe-to-go! ;)

Lunch

Ohhhh blueberries, how I’ve missed you so!

A typical Monday Tuesday(?) Usual, plus an unphotographed honey graham Clif Z Bar.

PLUS, a little slice of heaven…aka, sweet potato chocolate chip bread. I’ve really gotta try to get my hands on this recipe!! :shock:

Dinner

After getting home from work and errands, my miserable mood left me wanting a dinner with as little fuss as possible. Thank goodness for leftovers!!

Tonight I had 1-1/2 slices of my leftover pizza from last night’s get-together.

I now have a new-found love for fresh spinach + eggplant on my pizza.

And let’s not forget my affinity for goat cheese pizza now too. Can you see where I picked off my olives?? ;)

Thankfully, the combination of pizza + chatting with the hubby + watching the Food Network helped lift my spirits.

This guy did a pretty good job, too. :)

I’m thinking some chocolate is going to be needed in my future…time to go hunt some down before One Tree Hill starts!

Thanks again for dealing with my “Debbie” attitude tonight my friends…
it’s nice to know I have you all to “vent” to. :)

Question for the Evening:

What do you do when dealing with a “Debbie Downer” attitude?

1 Danielle December 7, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Wine.

2 Amy December 7, 2010 at 7:50 pm

I’m having one today too. Bad body image day for me. Feeling like all the work I do at the gym and I’m still not seeing results. Frustrating!!!

3 Liz @ Blog is the New Black December 7, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Sometimes you just have to accept defeat. Just relax tonight!

4 erica December 7, 2010 at 8:01 pm

maybe today is just a debbie downer day! i seriously just wrote a blog and even called myself a debbie downer as well! i say, we call today debbie downer day!

hope your day gets better!!! i think i’m gonna go eat something yummy :)

5 caitlinandkaty December 7, 2010 at 8:08 pm

I totally feel your pain. Once we completely gutted and renovated our entire house. It took nearly 6 months and we lived there in the process. Our fridge stood alone in the living room and I slept on a couch. It was a pretty ridiculous time; However, when it was all said and done our home was beautiful and so much more enjoyable because of what we had been without.

You’re totally allowed to have those down days! Sometimes, though, it just helps to look at your situation and laugh about how terrible it is at the moment and think how wonderful it will be when it’s over. And, you always have your blog friends to talk to when it gets rough….like me!!

6 awesomealli December 7, 2010 at 8:11 pm

I had one of those days the other day! What helps me get out of Debbie Downer Day is to either talk to my grandmother – she’s so supportive and a great listener – or go for a walk. When I run, I’m so concentrated on my breathing or my speed… But walking allows me to think, take everything in and relax.

Hope it gets better!

7 Amy @ Second City Randomness December 7, 2010 at 8:16 pm

Sorry about the “down” day. I get into those moods on occasion, too. When it happens, I usually take it as a “me night” because I’m just not much fun to be around… woomp woomp…

I hope tomorrow is a better one! :)

8 Liz @ LBBakes December 7, 2010 at 8:16 pm

I usually either go workout or bake up a storm when I’m feeling down or stressed. Works like a charm! Hope you’re feeling better, tomorrow is a new day.

9 Jess December 7, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Sorry you’re down in the dumps! I get out as much as possible, it really helps me!

10 Colleen Urbaniuk December 7, 2010 at 8:51 pm

sorry you had a discouraging day…hope the rest of the week is absolutely AMAZING!!!

11 Katy December 7, 2010 at 8:59 pm

I’m sorry that you had a rough day, but it seems like you still have a positive attitude!

When I feel down I go for a run, bake, or I go sing. Anything where I can be alone with my thoughts. ;)

12 Emily December 7, 2010 at 9:05 pm

I’m sorry you didn’t have the best day, but leftover pizza is always fantastic :)

When I’m having a down day I usually bake, but sometimes I just need to force myself out of my house and do something little for myself. I usually pick up a book and go to Starbucks for an hour and read, even if it’s a weeknight. Nothing cures the blues like a yummy latte and good book!

Feel better <3

13 TheNewHealthy December 7, 2010 at 9:58 pm

We all have those days! I either just roll with it and veg out, or even better, get some endorphins going with a sweaty work-out! :)

14 Ava Aston's Muckery December 7, 2010 at 10:17 pm

When I am in a Debbie Downer mood I go run 5 miles — when I encounter someone else who is in a Debbie Downer mood I try not to get sucked into their negative vortex so I run 6 miles!! Either way, I win. :)

Blessings,

Ava
xox

15 Melissa @ TryingToHeal December 7, 2010 at 10:21 pm

right there with you. tea always helps me.

16 Shanna, like Banana December 7, 2010 at 11:25 pm

I have a glass of wine ;)

17 movesnmunchies December 8, 2010 at 1:45 am

whenevr im in a debbie downer mood I just try to talk to some friends or go do something i love.. like reading blogs!

18 Melissa December 8, 2010 at 8:22 am

Hang in there, Courtney! It happens to the best of us. Just focus on how much you’ll enjoy your kitchen when it’s all over with. It will be worth it!!! :)

19 CaSaundra December 8, 2010 at 8:48 am

I always call my mom to chat–she knows exactly what to say to get me into a more optimistic mood! :-)

20 Jessy (squeezetheday) December 8, 2010 at 1:10 pm

I either listen to music, go for a walk or watch a movie. :)