Baby, It’s COLD In Here…Where’s Our Door?

by Courtney on December 8, 2010

Well I’ll tell ya…it’s certainly a little more than surprising to come home after a long day of work + a killer BodyPump class to find your house looking like this:

WOAH! :shock:

Yes, our house really is wide open right now as the wind blows, and flurries fall, and the temp is hovering around 22 degrees. I don’t know how these guys do it, but either way, I’m so incredibly thankful that they do! Our friends Erik & Josh were kind enough to take the time out of their super busy schedules to come and help us out. I really can’t thank them enough…it is an absolutely enormous help. Thanks, guys! :-D

So to say there’s a little “nip in the air” in the house right now would really be an understatement. It’s downright frigid. :shock:

But hey, I’m not complaining!

How can I? The door replacement will be done tonight and that just means we’re one step closer to getting this kitchen finished!! We’ll just say I’m nicely bundled up right now as Cody and I sit here closed off in our office to try to stay warm. :)

Aaaand, we even have an almost-full (but not yet finished) ceiling now. Can I get a WOOT WOOT?!?!

So as I sit here bundled up in my office, listening to the hammers and nail guns, and incessantly wiping my cold, runny nose, I can’t help but be thankful for the microwave which is also keeping me company. It worked out quite well for re-heating today’s lunch leftovers for dinner. :)

A couple of us decided to order out for lunch today at work since it was a “No Students” day. This meant we actually had a full hour to eat (<—insert angels singing “Ahhhhhhh” here) – I almost didn’t know what to do with my extra 45 minutes?!?

I ordered the Pasta Fagioli lunch special, which was undoubtedly the best pasta fagioli I’ve ever had. Plus it came with garlic bread. It was heaven…for only $6.75. ;)

Even better yet, I’ve STILL got leftovers!

Saweeeeeet. :-P

Now, since I’m already stuck here in the office, I think it’s time to do a little online Christmas shopping before Modern Family starts tonight!

Question for the Evening:

What’s worse for you: Extremely Hot or Extremely Cold??

1 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 8, 2010 at 7:30 pm

Extreme cold- I’ll take the heat any day!! Stay warm tonight :)

2 Laura December 8, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Extremely cold is infinitely worse for me! My body just can’t adjust, but with heat at least you can go to the pool or movie theater to cool down. I don’t even begin to get uncomfortable until it hits 95. Unfortunately, my husband has no desire to move south until we’re old and ready to retire :-(

3 Di @ http://thetreadmilldiaries.com/ December 8, 2010 at 7:35 pm

Pasta Fagioli is a great way to warm up this time of year. Sooo good. And it must have been a huge portion because you still have lots left over. Awesome deal.

I can’t do extreme hot. At least with the cold….you can layer up. With the heat, you can only take off so much.

4 Courtney December 8, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Unless you wanna rock the “Birthday Suit!!” ;)

5 Faith December 8, 2010 at 7:40 pm

For me, it’s way worse to be super cold. Anything under 40* to me is super cold though…

6 Melissa December 8, 2010 at 7:42 pm

YAY!!! See? It’s comin’ right along, isn’t it?! :)

Extreme cold is the worst! I would gladly swelter in stifling heat & humidity before I’d choose to be cold! Once I get chilled, it takes me FOREVER to warm up!

7 Amy @ VitaminAmy December 8, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Extremely hot is awful for me. You can always wear layers when it’s cold! Cuddle up with Cody for some warmth :)

8 christina December 8, 2010 at 8:12 pm

extremely cold is THE WORST!! mmm i love pasta fagioli! need to make that soon!

9 CaSaundra December 8, 2010 at 8:18 pm

I am such a baby when it comes to cold temps–I’d be complaining..but maybe not if I was getting a new kitchen!

10 Liz @ Blog is the New Black December 8, 2010 at 9:23 pm

Extremely hot because I hate sweating!

11 Nat December 8, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Extremely hot is worse. I absolutely HATE the heat. I don’t like to sweat (unless I’m doing physical activity).

But extreme cold isn’t fun either! Glad to hear your house is coming together!

12 Beth Tollis December 8, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Courtney-
I need your help. Do you have any go to recipies for a good peanut butter cookie?
Thanks!

13 Courtney December 8, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Hi Beth!
I actually just came across this recipe from Jessica @ How Sweet It Is, and am planning on baking them ASAP…perhaps they’ll work for you??

Good Luck! :)

14 Stephanie December 8, 2010 at 9:36 pm

super cold is definitely worse!!! luckily VA doesn’t get too ridiculously cold – but i still don’t like the below freezing temps! stay warm :)

15 Ashley December 8, 2010 at 9:37 pm

I’ll take super hot ANY day. My bachelorette party was in Vegas in August — that heat was still better than the -40 we get in the winters where I live! I hate being cold!

16 Jess December 8, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Yay for the ceiling!! I think extremely hot is worse for me, but it’s a tough one!

17 Shanna, like Banana December 8, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Can’t stand extremely hot! I can always layer up more and cozy up to the hubby or pets, but once I’m too hot, I’m just plain cranky!

18 Katy December 8, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Even though I am a Florida girl, I HATE being extremely hot! Give me cold temperatures ANYTIME!

19 anonymous December 9, 2010 at 4:29 pm

exact same! :D

20 movesnmunchies December 9, 2010 at 1:56 am

ahh thats soo tough! I HATE being so hot but hate being so cold… i guess when its cold though its easier to just layer up.. so I’d say cold!

21 erica December 9, 2010 at 4:12 am

extremely hot. i can’t stand it. at least the cold lets you bundle up and snuggle!

22 kristisn December 9, 2010 at 7:12 am

I think it’s worse to be hot. at least if your cold you can bundle up !

23 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 9, 2010 at 9:17 am

don’t you just LOVE house renovations? LOL

24 Leanne December 9, 2010 at 10:57 am

extremely hot because if your cold at least you can put layers on!! :)

Yay reno’s almost being done!

25 sweetoothrunner December 9, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Oooh I hate the cold! I’ve lived in India for a bit, and although that was a little TOO hot for me, I’d still take that over the freezing cold temps we get here in England!
Anyway I’m sure it’ll be totally worth it once the work is done! :)

26 anonymous December 9, 2010 at 4:29 pm

hate the hot! funny b/c i live in florida :D i looove chilly weather!

27 Megan (Braise The Roof) December 9, 2010 at 5:46 pm

That pasta fagioli looks amazing! I bet it’s keeping you warm, too. :) I think extreme cold is worse- but then again, I’ll turn the heat off during the winter occasionally but my A/C is always on during the summer!