One Of Those Days…

by Courtney on December 21, 2010

Today was one of those days

;)

To be honest, with being a teacher I pretty much expect this particular week to come with a few of those days.

Does that sound awful of me? I promise, I’m not that much of a scrooge!

Just remember back to when you were in elementary school at this time of year…

You were pretty excited excited for Christmas and vacation, right?

Now imagine that excitement…while me trying to teach you about the English colonies and cumulative frequency…

Yeah, probably not on the top of your priority list, right? ;) Don’t worry, it isn’t for my students either.

Can you blame them though? I mean, really, Christmas is only 4 days away…of COURSE they’re excited!! So lucky for me, I always make sure to keep an extra bottle of vino on hand for this week, in case of emergency.

Today, we’ll just say I was rather happy that I remembered to stock up. ;)

So I’ve got my comfies and my cozy slippers on; I’ve got my glass of vino,

and I’m ready to watch one of my favorite holiday movies, Love Actually.

Which is “actually” exactly how I want to spend the rest of my evening. :)

Question for the Evening:

What is one of your favorite childhood memories from around the Holidays??

1 Heather T December 21, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Remember when we were in elementary school and before Christmas the school would gather in the main hallway to sing Christmas songs? That was fun :)

2 Courtney December 21, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Oh my gosh, I absolutely do!
Awwww, how fun :)

3 briana December 21, 2010 at 7:06 pm

oh my gosh you have school this week? I was done thursday and the kids were nuts then!

4 Tina December 21, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I can totally relate! We all have “those days”, but you have the right idea…nothing a little wine can’t fix ;)

My favorite childhood memories would be just the overall excitement surrounding the holidays. The christmas movies, family time and wondering if Santa will come!

Love Actually is definitely a favorite of mine! Relax and Enjoy! :)

5 Sana December 21, 2010 at 7:41 pm

Oh god! I can’t imagine being a teacher during the holidays! At least they send you home with gifts!

6 Duchess of Fork December 21, 2010 at 7:43 pm

I was just thinking that I’m in the mood to watch “Love Actually!” I adore that movie. I’m a teacher, too, and our last day was last Thursday. The kids were CRAZY all week! I’m enjoying my break tremendously. :)

7 Anna @ Blissful Whimsy December 21, 2010 at 7:44 pm

Our last day was today and my little kindergartners were wild. Teaching kids anything three days before Christmas would make anyone crazy. I hope y’all get out soon :o)

8 Andrea December 21, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Long time reader, first time commenter! LOVE your blog :)

My fondest memory is eating tangerines at the top of the stairs at 6am on Christmas morning until my parents allowed my brothers and I to come down and open gifts!!

9 Courtney December 21, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Hi Andrea! :)
That sounds so similar to my brother and I…just minus the tangerines!

10 Sana December 21, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Oh god! I can’t imagine being a teacher during the holidays! At least they send you off with gifts!

11 Liz @ Blog is the New Black December 21, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Oh man, Christmas week was the WORST in school… all you wanted was that last day before vaca. You’re almost there!

12 Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) December 21, 2010 at 9:24 pm

your last post…all those cookies! oh i wish i was part of your gift exchange! :)

13 Kathleen December 21, 2010 at 9:31 pm

I love love love “Love Actually”! I think the opening and closing scenes at the airport are so heart warming. I get teary eyed every single darn time.

My favorite childhood memory is never being able to sleep on Christmas Eve. My brother and sisters would try so hard to stay awake all night. I swore I saw Santa coming to our house one night!

Happy Holidays!

14 Paige @ Running Around Normal December 21, 2010 at 10:05 pm

That wine looks good, haha.
Hope you make it through the week without too many bumps and bruises, girl!! :)

15 Shanna December 21, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Omg. I am doing the same thing. Vino and Love Actually :)

16 vvvv December 21, 2010 at 11:05 pm

happy holiday!!!

17 movesnmunchies December 22, 2010 at 2:57 am

ahah definitely not my favorite memory but when I was 2 years old I pulled on the metal stocking hanger over thr fireplace (since I was a tiny little girl ) and it fell on my eye and i got a major booboo…

18 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 22, 2010 at 4:21 am

You still have school? My mum’s a teacher and her school finished 2 weeks ago!
Yay for Love Actually! My 2nd favourite Christmas movie (after Elf! :P)

19 Courtney December 22, 2010 at 8:05 am

Yup! I still have today AND tomorrow…

20 lexilives December 22, 2010 at 9:57 am

I come from a really industrial town (York, PA) and they play Christmas carols on the factory whistles at midnight Christmas Eve. My whole family stays up to listen for it. That’s my favorite!!

Merry Christmas!!

21 Leanne December 22, 2010 at 6:03 pm

I looooove love actually.

My favorite memory is me and my younger sister laying under our christmas tree looking at all the lights :) sounds silly but it was always so relaxing and pretty.

22 Andrea December 22, 2010 at 6:09 pm

WOW! I’m glad I’m not the only teacher in the world feeling like that! I teach 5th grade and my students have been OUT OF CONTROL, and I consider myself pretty strict and on top of them.

What grade do you teach?
Have a wonderful and restful week off!

23 Courtney December 22, 2010 at 7:40 pm

I also teach 5th grade!! :)