A Trip To Ruby’s

by Courtney on December 26, 2010

**Just a Reminder: If you haven’t yet re-subscribed to STSL after the move, you can do so by clicking here for email, or here for RSS feed!**

Happy Sunday evening ya’ll! So first things first…how ‘bout a little kitchen update for ya?

Slowly but surely, we’re starting to make progress!! :-D

The walls and ceiling are UP and in the process of being taped, sanded, and ready to get painted. Hopefully I’ll be able to start “gettin’ my paint on” by this Wednesday. :)

Jay and I had to head out this afternoon to do a few errands, so we decided that since the fridge was empty, it would be a good night to use one of our new gift cards from Christmas. So we hit up an oldy but a goody…Ruby Tuesday’s!

Truth be told, Jay and I usually try to avoid chain restaurants. As teenagers, we practically lived at Friday’s & Applebees, but have since changed tastes. Now our first choice is finding good, authentic, local restaurants in our area. However, Ruby’s is still always going to be one of our favorites.

My body was craving veggies, and you can’t beat that salad bar! :-P

Romaine, carrots, tomatoes, beets, sundried tomatoes, peas (LOVE!), zucchini, the best croutons ever, & a drizzle of light balsamic vinaigrette.

IMG_7202IMG_7205

When we arrived back from the salad bar, we were pleased to find some of these little guys waiting for us…

Garlic Cheddar Biscuits…yes, please! :-P

For my entree, I ordered one of their “Fit & Trim” menu items, Chicken Fresco.

A fresh, all-natural grilled chicken breast topped with vine-ripened tomatoes, lemon-butter sauce, and a splash of balsamic vinaigrette. Served with white cheddar mashed potatoes and fresh, steamed broccoli.

My pre-dinner salad bar trip did a pretty good job of filing me up, so I decided to save half of my chicken…perhaps lunch for tomorrow? ;)

And thanks to a coupon out of Jay’s Men’s Health magazine, plus our gift card from Christmas, we got our entire dinner for practically pennies! Niiiiice. :)

Well, it’s just about time to call it a night, folks. I hope you all had a fantastic holiday weekend and were able to spend it with all those you love the most.

Question for the Evening:

Do you have a favorite “chain” restaurant?

1 briana December 26, 2010 at 9:43 pm

I never eat at chains either, but I do love some chipotle!

2 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) December 26, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Those ARE the best croutons ever. I’ve wanted to replicate them for years. I’m thinking a good loaf of pumpernickel, and a bunch of oil and salt would do the trick!

3 vvvv December 26, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Chicken Fresco look delious!

steak alike!

4 Melissa December 26, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I love Carrabba’s! And Red Robin is actually really tasty, too!

5 Courtney December 26, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Yes! Red Robin has a great chicken sandwich with swiss & pineapple…YUMM! :)

6 tj December 26, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Fav chains – Moe’s so I can get my Joey on and Chilis for its cheap beer and light chips/salsa. Lastly, Jay=lucky mofo (just sayin)

7 Rosey Rebecca December 26, 2010 at 10:01 pm

I love Uno’s, but that’s about it for chain restaurants.

In regards to that comment you left on my post about the blueberry wine–you’ll have to come over and have some with me sometime soon! <3

Glad you had a great holiday. :-)

8 Amy at TheSceneFromMe December 26, 2010 at 11:03 pm

I like Houlihans restaurant, the crackerbread they serve with their spinach dip is the best!

9 Allison December 26, 2010 at 11:31 pm

I have been trying to avoid the chains, too and explore some places in my new home – but I always enjoy Chevy’s mexican – I love their salsa!

10 Alicia December 26, 2010 at 11:56 pm

Yum!! I’ve had that chicken dish before. It’s pretty good!

11 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 27, 2010 at 12:25 am

I went to Ruby’s a few days ago when I was driving back from Maryland. You can’t beat that salad bar! :)

12 Emily December 27, 2010 at 1:36 am

I love me some Chipotle ;)

The only chain restaurant I consistently go to by choice is Pizzeria Uno. Probably because its in the mall where I work and has great drinks… I like that they have healthy choices on the menu too, and everything tastes fresh!

13 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) December 27, 2010 at 1:54 am

ahh rubys! i love the decoration there! and i love fit and trim or fit n fresh menus at chains- my fav!

14 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 27, 2010 at 8:01 am

I love Bertucci’s and the Cheesecake Factory, though Chili’s has a special place in my heart just for their molten chocolate cake!!

15 CaSaundra December 27, 2010 at 9:20 am

I’ve never been to Ruby’s..but I have to say, that meal looks pretty dang good to me! I think Olive Garden is my fav chain restaurant! :-)

16 Jordan December 27, 2010 at 11:38 am

I discovered Ruby Tuesday’s awesome salad bar just a few weeks ago!! Sooo legit. Have you tried their white bean chicken chili?! Also very very delicious :)

17 Courtney December 27, 2010 at 11:40 am

YES! I love getting the chili + salad bar combo. One of my favorites! :)

18 Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover December 27, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Holy YUM!
That salad bar must be really amazing. I really gotta try Ruby’s, someday!