Good Enough To Copy(cat)

by Courtney on December 28, 2010

**Just a Reminder: If you haven’t yet re-subscribed to STSL after the move, you can do so by clicking here for email, or here for RSS feed!**

Note to Self:

SHOVELING HURTS! :oops:

Sure, it wasn’t comfortable while in the midst of shoveling through the mounds of snow that measured up to my waist. However, when I woke up this morning, I could have sworn my body was taken over by one of an 80 year old…

My back! My legs! My sides! My chest! Ohhhhh the soreness!

So as a side note…in case you’re in the market for a new, intense workout, you just let me know. You’re more than welcome to come and shovel my driveway anytime. ;)

Workout

Despite feeling incredibly sore, I thought it might help to work through it and try to loosen up some of those muscles. Thanks to my new 10lb. Slimdown DVD,

I was able to complete the Total Body Workout + the CORE workout. Normally, these videos are intense, but not too difficult…

Today they were difficult. Yikes! :shock:

So needless to say, an appetite was worked up for breakfast!

Look a little familiar? ;)

IMG_7269IMG_7273

I ended up making the same exact breakfast as yesterday. When you got a good thing, why mess with it, right? I’m totally loving the crumbled pumpkin bread on top of the pumpkin oats!

Want to know what else I’m totally loving? This spoon! Not only is it super cute, BUT I forgot just how much I’ve missed eating with tiny spoons. When I lived with my parents, they had a couple of old baby spoons that I used to eat with almost daily. It’s really pretty interesting to see just how much longer my food lasts when I use the teeny tiny utensils. :)

Along with my copycat pumpkin oats was some more copycat French Vanilla Hot Cocoa Coffee.

IMG_7267IMG_7272

I’m off to go, well…enjoy my day off! :)

Question for the Day:

What foods/drinks are you totally loving right now??

1 Jackie @ Baking Charms December 28, 2010 at 10:56 am

Wow, look at all that snow!! Living in NC, I can’t remember the last time I had to shovel anything. Enjoy your day off :)

I’ve been loving Starbucks Christmas blend coffee – no idea why it took me so long to get some!! Delicious.

2 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) December 28, 2010 at 10:57 am

oh i am with you- i always eat the same oat combo because I just cant sacrifice a day without it!! yikes shoveling doesn’t sound too fun!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Perfect Day

3 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 28, 2010 at 11:14 am

Hell that’s a lotta snow!! I’ve done a fair bit of shovelling too due to the snow here in England, so I totally agree with you on the workout thing! :P
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Many- many…

4 Kelly December 28, 2010 at 11:33 am

That spoon IS adorable! I agree that eating with a tiny spoon helps the food last longer. I also sometimes eat with chopsticks (now that is a challenge)!

5 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) December 28, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I always say that people in upstate NY don’t need to go to the gym in the winter because their workout is waiting for them in the driveway. :) Let’s see… right now I’m more or less addicted to ANYTHING coming out of my new Keurig!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..What Santa Brought- 2010

6 Beth @ Beth's Journey to Thin December 28, 2010 at 1:57 pm

I’ve been eating oats every day the same way. I mix 1/4 cup steel cuts into 1 cup water the night before, stir in 1/4 cup peanut flour, bring it a boil for 1 minute, then turn off the heat and leave it on the stovetop covered overnight. It soaks up all the water and “cooks” by the morning. In the AM, I add in a banana and heat it in the microwave at work and it is AWESOME and super filling, too.

7 Courtney December 28, 2010 at 2:40 pm

That sounds fantastic!! :-P

8 Kristin December 28, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I was so sore from shoveling this morning too, although all I did was clean off half of my car and the walkway, then I quit – haha! I just bought a box of Cracklin’ Oat Bran and I am LOVING that :o) and for a drink I always love a glass of shiraz!
Kristin recently posted..Best Grown-Up Christmas Yet!

9 katie December 28, 2010 at 10:34 pm

OBSESSED with that coffee mug!! oh my gosh! :)
katie recently posted..New Protein Packed Recipe!!!