Heather & Courtney Go See Black Swan

by Courtney on December 29, 2010

Tonight, I had the pleasure of hanging out with this lovely lady!

Last night in the midst of chatting, Heather and I realized we both had a free evening tonight, so we ended up making a dinner & a movie “date.” :)

We started our evening at the movie theater to see this movie:

I’m still not quite sure how to handle Black Swan.

It was strange. It was slightly disturbing.

But at the same time, it was really good! Natalie Portman, in my opinion, was phenomenal in her role, and the plot really kept me thinking.

I will say, however…

Make sure you see this movie with someone you’re comfortable with!

Luckily, Heather and I could have a few good chuckles throughout it; but I will tell you, that there is definitely a lot of s-e-x in this movie. :shock:

I’m pretty sure the intensity of the movie worked up an appetite for both of us, so it was time to get some dinner! We walked right next store to the theater to a local restaurant, Aperitivo Bistro.

Aperitivo Bistro serves a wide array of small plates, specialty pizzas, pasta dishes and larger plate selections. While everything sounded phenomenal, after glancing through the menu, Heather and I decided it would be best to choose a few small plates to share. More variety that way! ;)

Before our small plates arrived, we were greeted with some fresh bread and some of the most amazing dipping oil ever.

Pretty sure there were some sundried tomatoes in there that totally rocked my socks!

I also had a nice glass of vino to sip on during dinner.

For our small plates, there was really no question on what we were getting. We were totally on the same page…love when that happens!

Plate #1: Goat Cheese

IMG_7322IMG_7326

Plate #2: Hazelnut Scallops

Heather and I both agreed that the sweet potato puree in this dish was fantastic. Definitely a very unique flavored dish!

Plate #3: 7-Hour Cherry Pepper Pork

You could TOTALLY taste the cherry flavor in this dish. Absolutely incredible!

IMG_7323IMG_7333

Heather and I were both quite impressed with the dishes we chose. We both left as happy campers. :)

IMG_7337IMG_7336

Do I not look incredibly awkward in that photo?? I look like I’m ready to get my license photo taken. ;)

Thank you, Heather, for a fantastic “date night” out!

And if my night out wasn’t exciting enough as it was, check out what I came home to:

We’ve got PAINT on the walls!!! :-D (Well, actually, it’s primer…but close enough!) We’re another step closer!

I think it’s just about time to call it a night…hubby says we’re getting up nice and early to do some painting in the morning. :shock:

Question for the Evening:

Have you ever had an awkward movie situation??

1 vvvv December 29, 2010 at 10:21 pm

oh! this guy cool!

2 Meagan December 29, 2010 at 10:28 pm

WOW! The kitchen is almost done!

3 Tina December 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm

Awww, I wish you guys lived closer! What a fun night!
Tina recently posted..Just Say No

4 Courtney December 29, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Perhaps a trip over here to NY is in order???
Either that or a trip to Boston… ;)

5 Emily December 29, 2010 at 11:05 pm

I went to see black swan tonight too (for the second time, haha)

Oh goodness, that restaurant looks AMAZING :D
Emily recently posted..Brownie Giveaway!

6 Katherine December 29, 2010 at 11:25 pm

Are you doing the kitchen work yourself? That is impressive!

I saw Eyes Wide Shut on a first date. Super awkward!!

7 Leashieloo December 29, 2010 at 11:35 pm

I’m seeing Black Swan this weekend, I’m so excited but I’m afraid that it’s been over hyped and that I’ll be disappointed.
Leashieloo recently posted..Home Is Whenever I’m With You

8 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) December 30, 2010 at 2:03 am

dang! that food looks good- those scallops and goat cheese- ahh!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Recipe Love

9 erica December 30, 2010 at 3:06 am

your kitchen is looking great! can’t wait to see the final product!

i think watching any kind of sex scene in a movie with parental units is all kinds of awkward! hahahaha.
erica recently posted..shake it- shake it

10 CaSaundra December 30, 2010 at 4:52 am

I’ve definitely heard alot of mixed reviews on Black Swan..but overall it looks like it’ll be up for some awards!

11 Allison December 30, 2010 at 5:29 am

I really liked Black Swan! It was dark though and you’re right about the mass amount of sex scenes! I went with a new friend and although it wasn’t super awkward, it definitely could have been.

Those goat cheese balls look yummy :)
Allison recently posted..Its not cleaning- its organization

12 Amy B @ Second City Randomness December 30, 2010 at 6:58 am

I think I’ll be seeing The Black Swan this weekend! I’ve gone back and forth about wanting to, but I’ve heard some pretty good things…. :)
Amy B @ Second City Randomness recently posted..Big Plans

13 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun December 30, 2010 at 7:34 am

I keep hearing how intense that movie is!

The food looks good. Especially the goat cheese. Yum!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..I Just Had to…

14 Blog is the New Black December 30, 2010 at 8:29 am

No awk movie sitch’s for me…
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Caprese “Dip”

15 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 30, 2010 at 9:11 am

Everyone is seeing that movie! I need to see it to be in the loop…even if it is awkward at moments.
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

16 Maria December 30, 2010 at 9:38 am

My most awkward movie moment was when I went to see “Chloe” with my boyfriend and halfway into the movie Julianne Moore and Amanda Seyfried start making out and end up having _ _x, I really wasn’t expecting that from the description I had read of the movie >_<

17 Kristi December 30, 2010 at 9:42 am

OMG! I had the most awkward movie situation with my husbands parents. But, at the time we were only dating so it made it even weirder. I remember it like it was yesterday-we went to the body world exhibit at our museum and decided to so the IMAX movie to go a long with it. We all thought it would be about how the exhibit was made and whatnot but we were WAY off. The whole movie was about how the body preps for making a baby and what the body goes through during that process all up to the actual labor-incredibly awkward!

18 Courtney December 30, 2010 at 10:07 am

Oh my gosh! That sounds horrifying!!!

19 Tina December 30, 2010 at 9:53 am

I really had no desire to see Black Swan until everyone began talking about how good/intense it is. Now I want to see what all the fuss is about! Thanks for the warning, now I can be prepared when I walk into the theather.

Your kitchen is coming along nicely! I’m sure you can’t wait for it to be complete!

20 Kristi December 30, 2010 at 9:53 am

I haven’t seen Black Swan, and I’m not sure I want to! Everyone says the same thing about it… disturbing. I get freaked out easily with movies. I might wait until it comes out on Dvd.

21 Cynthia (It All Changes) December 30, 2010 at 9:55 am

I’m so glad you got to try Aperativo. That is one of my favorite Schenectady restaurants. It’s adorable in there.

You two look adorable!

22 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 30, 2010 at 10:00 am

Sounds like a fun night! I can’t wait till Black Swan comes out in the UK- I’ve wanted to see it for AGES!
Haha seeing Superbad with my grandparents a couple of years ago was AWKWARD! :P
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Running- Shopping- Eating

23 Leanne (For Health's Sake) December 30, 2010 at 11:22 am

In knocked up when she’s delivering the baby and they show… it all….

….yup I watched that with my boyfriend (now fiance) and his parents at the time and it was awwwwwwkward as hell.

24 Lindsey@ Cardio Pizza December 30, 2010 at 6:06 pm

I’m dying to see Black Swan! I’m glad you liked it, in all its awkwardness! haha! I plan to see it with my BF…