Early Morning Paint Date

by Courtney on December 30, 2010

Well, hubby wasn’t kidding; we were both up nice and early to get some painting done this morning. I tried to treat it as an early morning date, which made it that much more fun. :)

We’ve only got one coat on the walls so far, but I am so happy with the color!

We picked out our paint color a couple nights ago, using our countertop as somewhat of a guide. The picture below really doesn’t show the wall color very well, but you can see how it coordinates with the countertop nicely. :)

I guess I’m in charge of finishing up the second coat later this afternoon. Yikes! :shock:

I’m taking today as a “rest” day from working out because, well, I just feel like it. Our painting efforts this morning interfered with my planned BodyPump class, but I’m really not too worried about it. My muscles are actually still pretty sore from Tuesday’s strength training, so I’ll just enjoy my rest day. :)

And I’ll enjoy another delicious breakfast while I’m at it, too. ;)

Today’s pick was another favorite of mine: the Cereal Combo Bowl!

IMG_7351IMG_7349

I’ve got to make a trip to the mall later this morning (which will most likely include a Starbucks pit stop), followed by a visit to mom for a little hair trim. Time to get rid of these split ends! ;)

Question for the Morning:

Do you enjoy painting?

*If so, want to come and take care of this second coat for me???? ;)

1 Blog is the New Black December 30, 2010 at 10:07 am

Love painting but my bf doesn’t let me do it. Suppose I shouldn’t complain?!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Caprese “Dip”

2 Courtney December 30, 2010 at 10:10 am

Haha, NO, don’t complain! :)

3 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) December 30, 2010 at 10:09 am

I love painting! So if I lived in New York, or in America generally, I would gladly take you up on that offer! :P It’s going to look great once it’s done!
Aww love the cute wedding photo background to your breakfast! :)
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Running- Shopping- Eating

4 Jackie @ Baking Charms December 30, 2010 at 10:09 am

I love painting… it’s something my Dad and I try to do together :) Great color choice!!
Jackie @ Baking Charms recently posted..Pasta or Macaroni

5 Liz December 30, 2010 at 10:14 am

When I was 18, I had started a new job and went to a movie with a coworker and my boss, both older than me (old enough to be my mother). It was The Crying Game which I had no idea at the time what is was about. Anyway, at one point my boss reached over and covered my eyes. I was like what the heck. Anyway, not a good movie to go to with people you don’t know very well!

6 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) December 30, 2010 at 10:25 am

ahaha i wish i could help out- but I dont have the steadiest hand :O I actually used to take loads of art classes when I was younger though!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Recipe Love

7 Holly December 30, 2010 at 10:38 am

The kitchen is coming together so nicely. I LOVE it.
I hope you had a WONDERFUL Christmas- sorry I’ve been MIA on blog reading- just catch up…or at least trying.
Have a great time painting…or at least try :)
Holly recently posted..Christmas Re-Cap

8 Thetreadmilldiaries December 30, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Good paint color choice. It goes perfectly with the countertop pattern. And I wouldn’t worry about missing your workout. You’re getting some serious calorie burn in painting the room I bet.

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) December 30, 2010 at 2:52 pm

I do not like painting in the least! I blame it on all the years I was required to work on the set for all the musicals I was in!
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

10 Leashieloo December 30, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Can’t stand painting! I only did it once and it was miserable. So jealous of your new countertops, I would love an update in my kitchen!
Leashieloo recently posted..Home Is Whenever I’m With You

11 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine December 30, 2010 at 5:47 pm

My grandfather owned a painting company for 50 years, so I’ve never painted a wall. We still get all our painting done for free :)
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Foiled

12 Alyssa Kuminski December 31, 2010 at 6:25 am

I enjoy painting…but I’m not sure if I could be trusted to do it alone!
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Christmas…again!