One Year Ago Today… “Our Wedding Video”

by Courtney on January 2, 2011

One year ago from today, I was sitting in a beauty salon with my closest of girlfriends.

100_0095100_0080

Cool as a cucumber, I sat and tried to take in every moment for what it was. Everyone warned me that the day would go by quicker than I’d imagine, and I needed to remember every last detail…because today was going to be the most exciting day of my life.

***I got married!***

Jay and I have a few things planned to celebrate our special day today; we have dinner reservations back at the same place we had our reception, The Century House. We’re also planning on cutting into the cake that’s been sitting in my freezer for a year now…I can’t believe I’ve been able to hold off for a whole year! :shock:

Yesterday, I took some time to watch (and cry my eyes out at) our wedding video. It gets me every time!

I decided that since I already share so much with all of you, it just wouldn’t be fair not to share a few moments from our special day with you today…

(The videos may look and sound a little funky – that’s because I played it on the TV and recorded it with my camera.) ;)

A Look At Some of My Favorite Details from the Day:

A Recap of our Ceremony & Reception:

One Of My Favorite Moments: Our Wedding Speeches:

I hope you all enjoy our videos!

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have an anniversary to celebrate and a husband to go spend the day with. :)

1 vvvvv January 2, 2011 at 9:14 am

so happy! happy new years~

2 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 2, 2011 at 9:20 am

Aww so sweet! Brought tears to my eyes!
Your wedding speech video is AMAZING! Gave me such goosebumps! Your best man is hilarious! :D
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..2011 goals and your feedback neeeded!

3 Blog is the New Black January 2, 2011 at 9:31 am

I just bawled my eyes out and then laughed my ass off at the best man’s speech! You guys are a great match- beautiful couple, beautiful wedding. So glad you shared that with us!! xo
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Now Dip- Baby- Dip!

4 Jessica @ How Sweet January 2, 2011 at 9:53 am

Happy anniversary beautiful!

5 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 2, 2011 at 10:03 am

I love the videos! Especially the best man speech! He is too funny! :) Thank you for sharing your special day with us! :)
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

6 Tina January 2, 2011 at 10:14 am

Happy Anniversary!!! My boyfriend and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary on Tuesday! Yay! :)
Tina recently posted..Natures Gatorade

7 *Andrea* January 2, 2011 at 10:18 am

so freakin beautiful!!!! both of you! what a great match :-) i hope i find one someday! happy new years!

8 Cynthia January 2, 2011 at 10:25 am

Happy Anniversary!
Cynthia recently posted..Happy New Year!

9 Sarah January 2, 2011 at 10:41 am

Happy Anniversary!
The maid of honor speech had me tearing up! What a beautiful wedding :)

10 Lauren January 2, 2011 at 10:44 am

Thanks for sharing the videos from your day! My best friend also got married at The Century House, they arrange such a beautiful night and the chocolate fountain is the best!

Enjoy your day!

– Lauren
Lauren recently posted..Vote For Bryan and I!

11 Thetreadmilldiaries January 2, 2011 at 10:46 am

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing lovely pics and moments from your ceremony. Looks like a fabulous time.
Thetreadmilldiaries recently posted..Welcoming In the New Year

12 Kristi January 2, 2011 at 11:11 am

Happy Anniversary! You were a beautiful bride!

13 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 2, 2011 at 11:17 am

so beautiful!!! than you for sharing!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

14 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 2, 2011 at 11:58 am

Awww this is so sweet!! Happy anniversary to the two of you- have a wonderful day together!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Foiled

15 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 2, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Happy Anniversary to a beautiful couple!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..The End of Twenty Ten

16 Corey @ the runners cookie January 2, 2011 at 12:55 pm

So sweet :) Happy Anniversary!

17 Natalia - a side of simple January 2, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Happy Anniversary! I just found your blog and I think it’s a beautiful one to start following with the new year :) Happy New Year to you and the husband!
Natalia – a side of simple recently posted..ten highlights of 2010

18 erica January 2, 2011 at 3:32 pm

happy anniversary! i love all the videos! thank you for sharing them with all of us. hope you have a fabulous day with your hubby :)
erica recently posted..i guess he liked it…

19 Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover January 2, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Oh, Gee – you looked so gorgeous, girl!
Loved the wedding videos , btw ;)
Happy Anniversary and Happy 2011, Courtney!
xoxo
Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover recently posted..Last Post of The Decade

20 Holly January 2, 2011 at 5:12 pm

HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to such an amazing couple :D
I’m SO very happy for the two of you :)
The videos are beautiful! Definitely had me tearing up.
Happy New Year too!
xoxoox
Holly recently posted..Surprise Bridal Shower

21 Kristin January 2, 2011 at 7:28 pm

What a beautiful bride! I love winter weddings :) Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year to you and your hubby!

22 Meagan January 2, 2011 at 8:46 pm

Loved the speeches! So thoughtful!
Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary!

23 Veronnica Watson January 2, 2011 at 11:50 pm

Happy Anniversary! Hope you two had a great time with each other!
Veronnica Watson recently posted..happy new year!

24 Ruthie Hart December 30, 2011 at 10:38 am

I LOVED watching all these videos!!! What a special thing to have to remember your wedding day. I loved your flowers Courtney!! So wintery and gorgeous. Our 1 year anniversary is on February 5th, I still can’t believe it!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..2011 Year In Review

25 Courtney December 30, 2011 at 11:16 am

Thanks, Ruthie! My flowers were really one of my favorite details. I was SO happy with the way they turned out!

26 Lifelong Learning Program - Újra Tanulok Program May 21, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Pretty portion of content. I simply stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing in your augment or even I success you get entry to consistently rapidly.