But I Don’t Wanna Go Back!

by Courtney on January 3, 2011

Why is it always so hard to go back to work after being on vacation???

source

Despite not being ready to head back, there’s nothin’ I can do about it, so I’m trying to keep positive! Once I get back into the normal routine, I’ll be good to go…it’s just getting there that’s tough. ;)

So in case YOU are just heading back to work today, or have just been busy partying it up over the holiday weekend, here’s a little recap to catch you up on what you may have missed the past few days…

Alright, well I think I’m ready now…

I’ve got my coffee…

I’ve got tonight’s dinner cooking away in the crockpot…

Bring it on Monday!! :-D

Question for the Day:

Are you heading back to a normal routine today?

1 Molly Carter January 3, 2011 at 8:05 am

Back to school for us, too. Thankfully it’s a teacher work day, so I can kind of ease back into the groove. Good luck today!
Molly Carter recently posted..3 Ingredient Turkey Burgers

2 Courtney January 3, 2011 at 8:07 am

Awww, lucky!
Haha, thanks you too! :)

3 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 3, 2011 at 8:12 am

i start tomorrow! today is a bank holiday :D
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

4 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 3, 2011 at 8:12 am

Thankfully I have the day off today, so I’m not back to the weekday grind ’til tomorrow!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Champagne White Chocolate Ring Cookies

5 Blog is the New Black January 3, 2011 at 8:27 am

Back to the grind for me too today. Just think- as a teacher you’re on vaca again in about 7 weeks!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Fig-Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula

6 Cheryl @ An Inquiring Mind January 3, 2011 at 8:30 am

Yep, back to the grind for me as well! I don’t wanna go back either!!! :(
Cheryl @ An Inquiring Mind recently posted..GOODBYE 2010 and dont let the door hit your ass on the way out!

7 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun January 3, 2011 at 9:07 am

have a good Monday! Do you have students today too? Or do you get to at least ease back in a bit?
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..The Last Day

8 christina January 3, 2011 at 9:16 am

yep, i’m back to work. blahhh. i hope you have a wonderful monday…and a wonderful, happy, healthy year! hugs!

9 Charlie January 3, 2011 at 9:58 am

I start on Wednesday! But I have a lot to do, like cleaning my apartment and doing the laundry :P.
Charlie recently posted..Wordless Holidays

10 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 3, 2011 at 10:38 am

I am sort of going into a normal routine again. While my 16-week classes don’t start till Wednesday, my 8-week, 3 hour marketing class begins tonight. :/
Katy (The Singing Runner) recently posted..Perfectionist

11 Shanna, like Banana January 3, 2011 at 10:41 am

Yep, back to routine today. I think the hardest part was the 6am wake up call…eep!

12 Angela January 3, 2011 at 11:24 am

Can you give us the recipe for your crockpot meal tonight?? Always looking for a good crockpot meal :)

13 Ashley January 3, 2011 at 11:29 am

I’m off today– we get a day in lieu since New Year’s Day is a statutory holiday that fell on the weekend. I will be in your shoes tomorrow, though. Dread!

Happy anniversary by the way. We got married in 2010 also, but it was Sept!

14 Stefanie January 3, 2011 at 11:57 am

I still have one more week to get myself (and my house) together before I head back to reality! But I have one million and one things to do this week! So it will be still be busy! ;)

15 Stephanie @cookinfanatic January 3, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Yep I’m heading back to work today but wish it was just to a normal routine – it’s year end close (I’m a CPA) therefore our days are going to packed and there will be alot of overtime worked for the month of January… talk about a double whammy! :/
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Total Tamale Success!

16 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 3, 2011 at 1:26 pm

I have till next Weds- thank god!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Favorites of 2010

17 Erica January 3, 2011 at 2:10 pm

back to work today! i feel like that first picture!

18 Cecilia @ I [heart] Me January 3, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Back to work today.. definitely tough! Glad I had packed my lunch last night!
Cecilia @ I [heart] Me recently posted..New Year- New Start

19 Jaclyn January 3, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I am definitely having a majorahhhh case of the post-holiday Monday’s myself!!
Gotta get through em though – at least you have a yum dinner waiting for you (and coffee. must. have. coffee. ;) ) !
Jaclyn recently posted..Come and Gone

20 Thetreadmilldiaries January 3, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Back to work today too. Was kinda glad to get back to a schedule though I loved the time off. Good idea to get your crackpot going. I did the same thing. Slow roasted pork shoulder in a Spanish marinade. What do you have going? The veggies look great.
Thetreadmilldiaries recently posted..Welcoming In the New Year

21 Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover January 3, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Hahahahha – that cat picture cracked me up.
Hope you’re having a great Monday, C!
xoxo
Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover recently posted..Last Post of The Decade

22 Jessica @ The Process of Healing January 3, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Oh WOW that looks so delicious and comforting!
Jessica @ The Process of Healing recently posted..2010

23 Whitney January 4, 2011 at 7:14 am

oh yes the wonderful early mornings followed by the long day at work wonderful wonderful world haha.

It is never great. I thought I wanted to grow up until it actually happened.