Fashion Friday: Favorite 2010 Trends

by Courtney on January 7, 2011

I don’t know about you guys, but I think it’s about time to bring back a Fashion Friday post! It’s been far too long!

HAPPY FASHION FRIDAY!!

So with the new year now upon us, (and since I have yet to actually sit down and write out my 2011 goals…I promise, they’re coming…eventually) I always enjoy looking back at what fashions I was most inspired by.

My Favorite 2010 Fashion Trends

1. Leggings

source

Even though I had been wearing these before 2010, I’d say it was this past year that I thoroughly embraced them. Full length, capri length, black and brown, I find that I try to wear them as often as possible.

They can be dressed up, dressed down, and are just downright comfortable! Although I don’t think I’ll be jumping on the leather leggings bandwagon anytime soon… Winking smile

source

2.   Jeggings

Remember when I posted my “Jeggings: A Do or a Don’t?” post?

source

Well, I ended up caving in, buying a pair, and LOVING them! Believe it or not, they’re actually quite comfy. I bought my pair from Express, in a dark wash, which you can kind of see here in my super-goofy grocery shopping adventure…

3.   Heeled Ankle Boots

source

I snagged a pair of these Enzo Angiolini boots at Macy’s this fall and was so glad that I did! I’ve worn them with leggings, jeggings, even skirts with black stockings. They’re super versatile.

4.   Basic Black Suit Jacket

Quite possibly, my favorite wardrobe addition of 2010…

Again, a basic suit jacket can be dressed up or down. I got mine from Express (seeing a trend??) this past fall. In the picture above, I simply threw on an oversized white T-shirt, but I’ve also paired it with dressier camis, too. Whatever I feel like, I go with!

What I’m Excited for in 2011

1.   Wide-Leg Jeans

source

Yes, I do love my leggings & jeggings, but I can only do the “skinny jeans” trend for so long. It will be nice to have a little more “room” in the pants…just not too wide. Winking smile

2.   Brightly Colored Belted Trench Coats

source

I tell myself every year that I’m going to invest in a fun, brightly colored coat, yet I always talk myself out of it. I guess I’m just usually drawn to the neutral colors (black/brown/tan) since I know they’re more versatile. However, I think 2011 is the year to take the plunge! Maybe a bright green…?

Questions for the Day:

What were your favorite 2010 fashion trends?

What are you looking forward to in 2011??

1 Stefanie January 7, 2011 at 10:44 am

Jeggings were a favorite of mine in 2010! I ended up buying 2 pairs and trying to wear them as much as humanely possible!

Animal print was another favorite of mine! I don’t know if it was a trend per say, but it was something I love. Not crazy animal print–just neutral, classy print. :)

2 Michelle January 7, 2011 at 10:46 am

I love the look of leggings on other people, but I haven’t’ gotten around to buying a pair for myself! I feel like I wouldn’t be able to make a cute outfit with them. Same goes for ankle boots!

I DO love the return of the suit jacket/blazer. Definitely my favorite trend of 2010!

Just checking out your blog for the first time, its so cute!
Michelle recently posted..First Run of the year!

3 Courtney January 7, 2011 at 11:04 am

Thanks, Michelle! :)

4 Shanna, like Banana January 7, 2011 at 11:34 am

Cute post ;)

I love my jeggings too ! And my ankle boots and my bright red trench coat :)

2011…hmmm…less of an 80’s look I’m hoping!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..What you never knew you wanted to know

5 Blog is the New Black January 7, 2011 at 11:57 am

I dig the bright trenches, too!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Drexler

6 Kristin January 7, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I LOVE leggings! They look so cute on, I could wear them everyday :) I bought a pair of heeled ankle boots that I’ve worn with a skirt but I’m nervous to wear them with leggings (I usually wear flats), I think I just have to try it! Love Fashion Friday!
Kristin recently posted..Easy Breezy Coffee Frapuccino

7 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 7, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I LOVE heeled booties- just bought a pair of BCBG ones at DSW the other day for 80% off the original price…so awesome, and I love that they keep my feet warmer than regular heels!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Foiled

8 Lindsey @ Cardio Pizza January 7, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I need to find some jeggings…I’m intrigued! I love black tights with dresses and boots this winter….so fun!

9 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 7, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Yay I love Fashion Fridays! :D I also LOVE your suit jacket!!
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Do most runners need to lose weight

10 Kristi January 7, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I’ve always wanted a pair of leather leggings! Maybe one day I’ll have the nerve to buy a pair. I love wide leg jeans!
Kristi recently posted..The best way to start off my day

11 Emma January 7, 2011 at 3:32 pm

I totally love leggings. I’m dragging that trend with me through 2011 too ;-) Sweetie, you could wear a binbag and make it look good! xx
Emma recently posted..Ouinoa Salad with Sundried Toms -

12 Gloria @ Trench Coat Men May 8, 2011 at 9:51 pm

In my opinion, belted trench coats are best for us women. It helps in providing/showing the curves of our body, not like a piece of wood. Oh, btw, LOVED your sense of style.
Gloria @ Trench Coat Men recently posted..Things to Remember When Buying a Trench Coat

13 Hazel@Trench Coat Men June 16, 2011 at 7:22 am

Wow. Nice Jeggings I’m sue they love this. Very fashionable..
Hazel@Trench Coat Men recently posted..Things to Remember When Buying a Trench Coat

14 Helen@Custom Printed Balloons August 10, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Jeggings and boots looks really great. I also like that black coat. awesome designs!