I’m Back In The Game

by Courtney on January 7, 2011

I am very happy to report that I slept like a baby last night and did not need to get up once for a inhaler rescue! Waking up with a clear set of lungs is definitely a great way to set the day right. Smile

So I continued on the right foot, and footed it right out to my TV for a little strength training – Jackie Warner’s Total Body Power Circuit. It’s been a while since I’ve done this one, and my muscles were definitely a-shakin’! I’m back in the game…LOVE it.

I’m really thinking my newfound lung capacity put a little extra spring in my step, because it had me feeling like it was time to bring back some old favorites today.

Such as delicious waffle creations. Winking smile

I toasted two Van’s Lite Waffles, and topped them with:

• A smear of pumpkin
  • Another smear of peanut butter
  • 1/3 of a diced pear
  • Raisins
  • A drizzle of light maple syrup

When I tell you that these were some amazing waffles, I promise…I’m not kidding. Winking smile

Of course, I enjoyed them with a yummy mug-o-joe.

A little later this afternoon, after a lovely 3-mile run on the treadmill (ahhhh, to be able to breathe again!) I broke out another old favorite…

Hello, Green Brown Monster!

Today’s monster included:

• 1 frozen banana, sliced
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
  • Vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 2 BIG handfuls spinach
  • A little water, to get everything movin’

Very rarely do I crave cold things when the temperature drops (unless it’s ice cream), but for some reason it just felt right. Needless to say, I’m not freezing my behind off…

…and picking raspberry seeds out of my teeth. Smile with tongue out

***********************************

So yesterday, I was tagged once again by my favorite fellow shoe-lover, Shanna in another fun trivia game. Here goes nothin’…

1. How many pairs of shoes do you own?  Is there an upper limit that is too many?

After doing a quick sweep, I just counted 33…however all my summer shoes are put away right now…so probably closer to 45ish? Obviously, there is never too many shoes. EVER.

2.   How have you influenced your significant other’s eating habits?

Hubby is now much more willing to eat a wider variety of fruits and veggies. He never really had “bad” eating habits, but he knows what he likes.

3.   Have you ever had a “fat kid moment”?  What did you inhale eat?

Not sure if this means when I was a “kid” or now, but I tend to have serving size issues with ice cream. Seriously, I want to know who thinks 1/2 a cup is a serving…?

4.   What is your favorite chain restaurant?

Currently, I’d have to say Ruby Tuesday’s or Olive Garden.

5.   Who was/is the biggest influence in your cooking and/or baking?

My MOM has definitely been a huge influence, but I’d also have to say that there are a TON of blogs who have also influenced my cooking.

6.   Who is your celebrity crush?

Ryan Reynolds, how I love you so. Smile Paul Walker is right up there, too.

7.   What is one of the best compliments you’ve ever received?

Yikes, this is a tough one? Any compliments I receive on something I’ve worked hard on in the kitchen are always exciting.

8.   Have you ever tried Bikram?  If not, would you?

I’ve tried Hot Yoga, but apparently that’s not the same thing? I’d definitely try Bikram…I’m always up for trying new workouts!

9.   What 3 things are you most thankful for?

Family, friends, my health

10.  What European city would you most like to live in?  Why?

Probably Rome, Italy – The stores, the food, the architecture…what’s not to love??

********************************

Now it’s YOUR turn!

Anything else you want to know?? Just ask! Winking smile

Questions for the Day:

Answer any two (or more!) of the questions above for yourself!

1 Leanne (For Health's Sake) January 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I completely agree about the ice cream serving size. What a joke! ;)

What’s the sweetest thing your hubby has ever done for you? (other then propose!)
Leanne (For Health’s Sake) recently posted..Tea with Emma

2 Courtney January 9, 2011 at 10:30 am

Yikes, that’s a tough one! He’s done lots of sweet things for me, but I might have to say it’s the poem he wrote for me on our “4 month anniversary” (back when I was 16!) telling me that he loved me. :)

3 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 7, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Oh man…waffles…haven’t had them in SO long…mmm… :) And WOAH 45 pairs of shoes?!?! I thought I had a lot, but I don’t have that many! Where on earth do you keep them all?! I seriously admire you for this! :D

“Have you ever had a “fat kid moment”? What did you inhale eat?” I have these on a pretty much daily basis. Dark chocolate is inhaled in vast quantities.

“Who is your celebrity crush?” Chad Michael Murry. Hands down.
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Do most runners need to lose weight

4 Emma January 7, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Yaaaaayyy! So glad you can breathe again :-) My boyfriend went through a really bad time with his asthma last year – so horrible! Good going with the workout. You just made me want waffles! Hugs x x
Emma recently posted..Ouinoa Salad with Sundried Toms -

5 Katie H January 7, 2011 at 4:35 pm

Hi Court! You definitely tried bikram yoga- that is the class we attended at the hot yoga studio :D

Wow, that’s a lot of shoes! Though I think I have that many pairs too ;)

6 Stefanie January 7, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Glad you’re back in the game! After seeing that breakfast, I think it’s time I get some waffles!

7 Blog is the New Black January 7, 2011 at 5:54 pm

That’s a LOT of shoes!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Drexler

8 Faith @ lovelyascharged January 7, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I totally agree on Italy. Hot men, delicious food, awesome fashion, incredible culture…seriously, what’s not to love?
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Looks Like I Made It

9 Shanna, like Banana January 7, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Yay! So glad you responded :)

I think your shoe collection is in great shape girl! Nice!

Paul Walker was definitely a crush at one time…now, hmm, I’m sort of in love with Ian Somerhalder (seriously google him) So frickin’ hot!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..What you never knew you wanted to know

10 Charlie January 7, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I have about 30 pairs of shoes. And add maple syrup on something to create a fat kid moment :P.
Charlie recently posted..Fitness Friday- My First Run

11 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 8, 2011 at 12:46 am

That is one beautiful waffle creation! Oh how I miss the ‘fall flavors’!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..fed UP

12 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 8, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Who is your celebrity crush?
JAKE GYLLENHAAL AND CHANNING TATUM

How have you influenced your significant other’s eating habits?
my mom ACTUALLy ate some tofu!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

13 CaSaundra January 9, 2011 at 8:36 am

Ooo that waffle creation does look scrumptious! This reminds me I bought a waffle maker awhile back, but have yet to use it! :-(

14 Kristen January 13, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I love the coffee mug pictured….where can I find one?

15 Courtney January 13, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Thanks! My husband actually found it for me at Kirklands.