A Few Extra ZZZ’s

by Courtney on January 8, 2011

Very rarely do I like to let myself sleep in on the weekends. I’ll usually set my alarm for a reasonable time, just so I’m up and can get a head start on the day. I almost feel as though I’m wasting away the day if I sleep too late?

Some weekends, however, I cave in to the pressures and let myself snooze away. After having a few rough nights of sleep this past week, I figured I could use the couple extra hours. Jay and I didn’t get out of bed until 10:00am this morning. My initial reaction was, “ahhh, half the morning is gone!,” but on the other hand, I felt rested. Smile

I woke up with a hungry belly and instantly began craving my exact same breakfast as yesterday…

so I recreated the exact same thing. No need to snap extra photos today. Winking smile

Jay and I have a few errands to run later this afternoon…one of which, may hopefully include picking up a new toy for the kitchen! Surprised smile

Before I go, Cody wanted to say “Good Morning” to you all…

…and he also reminded me to tell you that I have a recipe to share a later on! Winking smile

I promise, I will!

Question for the Day:

How late do you usually sleep on weekends? Do you set an alarm?

1 Kelly January 8, 2011 at 11:15 am

It depends…sometimes I am up at the crack of dawn…like this morning I was bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5:15am. Typically on Sunday my body almost always lets me sleep in until around 9:00. I guess my body knows my schedule. :)

2 Anna @ Blissful Whimsy January 8, 2011 at 11:18 am

I set my alarm. I love sleeping late but I hate to sleep any of my free time away :o)
Anna @ Blissful Whimsy recently posted..Beads and buttons picture frame

3 Blog is the New Black January 8, 2011 at 11:24 am

It depends on what I have to do that day. Today, I slept in. But, I didn’t sleep well, so lose-lose!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Guest Post- Lauren of Keep It Sweet

4 Darcy January 8, 2011 at 11:34 am

Are you kidding? Alarm? On weekend? Who needs an alarm when you have kids? It never fails………..I have to pry them up out of bed during the week, and then they are up even earlier on the weekends! I agree with you though, I don’t let myself linger in bed since I don’t want to feel I wasted away the day! Enjoy!

5 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun January 8, 2011 at 11:43 am

Good for you getting some extra sleep! I miss being able to do that. It’s not so possible with a kiddo. 7 am is my “sleeping in” now. LOL
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..The Last Day

6 Shanna, Like Banana January 8, 2011 at 11:56 am

During the week I get up around 615 and the weekend I’ll sleep until 830a or so. It feels great!

7 Kelly January 8, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Yum! I can’t wait to see the recipe for those bars :)

8 Faith @ lovelyascharged January 8, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I used to be in pretty much a coma on weekends, but today was the first Saturday in a long time I woke up @ 8 am in a bright and sunshiney mood with loads of energy to tackle the day!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Looks Like I Made It

9 Kristi January 8, 2011 at 3:19 pm

If I don’t have to wake up too early, I’ll still set my alarm for 8 so I can get up and feel like I still have the whole day. This morning though there was no alarm clock set and I slept in until 9. It felt good!
Kristi recently posted..The best way to start off my day

10 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 8, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I get up at 7 on weekends. It’s funny- I don’t mind waking up early, I just mind having to be somewhere immediately after. If I can have a leisurely morning, early wakeup times don’t bother me at all!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Hummus Yummus

11 Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover January 8, 2011 at 7:33 pm

You think waking up at 10am is too late?!
I’ve been waking up around 3pm these days… I don’t even know that to say. It’s been weeks since I’ve had breakfast, seriously.
I feel so bad :P
Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover recently posted..Sorry- Mom…

12 Allison @ Happy Tales January 8, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I love sleeping in on weekends, I figure I may as well enjoy it now while I’m still kid-free! Although, I just adopted a Puppy back in Oct so she makes sleeping in a little difficult, ha! But what it happens, it feels oh-so-good!

13 Alyssa Kuminski January 8, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I never set my alarm on the weekend but my body will not allow me to sleep pass 7:30 unfortunately!! Excited for your recipe :)
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..My gym smells like BACON

14 Stefanie January 9, 2011 at 1:38 am

Unless absolutely necessary, I don’t set an alarm on the weekend! Usually I’ll sleep until my son wakes me up! ;)

15 Floey January 9, 2011 at 4:07 am

I definitely set my alarm for at least 2 hrs later than I wake up during the week. You definitely deserve the extra rest after all the re-modeling you’ve been up to!
Floey recently posted..Al Final

16 Jennie January 9, 2011 at 8:22 am

I have not slept in past 8am on a weekend since August! I’m usually the one who gets up with the puppies and has to take them out and feed them, and by the time I do that I’m awake enough to start the day!

When I was a teenager, I could sleep until almost noon on weekends! I can’t imagine doing that now.

17 CaSaundra January 9, 2011 at 8:33 am

I have a never-failing internal alarm. I really never sleep past 7. I go to bed pretty early though, around 10, so that’s probably why.

18 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 9, 2011 at 9:28 am

Depends how late I go to bed really! I went to bed SO late last night, so I woke up at about 9.45 this morning! :O
I do set an alarm, but I usually hit the snooze so many times anyway that it’s a bit pointless! :P
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..The new face of Mule Bars

19 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 9, 2011 at 3:03 pm

its embarrassing that i wake up at like 7 on weekends…. hehe… i love my mornings!
ok def looking forward to that recipe– !
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post