The Tub Bandit

by Courtney on January 9, 2011

Today has been one of my favorite kind of Sundays…

Lazy, yet productive Winking smile

I got my day started off with a super-awesome workout!

Workout #1  Treadmill:

• First 20 minutes = HIIT workout (20 seconds @ 9.5mph / 40 seconds @ 4.5mph)
  • Last 20 minutes = Run, alternating between 6.0mph – 7.0mph
  • Total: 4.5 miles

Workout # 2 – Yoga:

• 10lb. Slimdown YOGA from Exercise TV

I seriously don’t know why I don’t do yoga after running more often. It felt incredible!

************************

Breakfast

I had some craaaaazy cravings for a combo cereal bowl today. Smile

Quaker Oatmeal Squares + Kashi Heart to Heart + vanilla almond milk + blueberries

Sooooo tasty!

Immediately after finishing my cereal, I had to dig in to the Butterscotch Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars

I definitely had a couple of these throughout the day. Winking smile

There was some some grocery shopping that needed to be done today, but really wasn’t in the mood to leave the house. Fortunately, the simple act of picking up an iced coffee while shopping makes it so much more enjoyable!

Once I got home, I started to take care of some cleaning/tidying up around the house and just-so-happened to find Cody in one of his new favorites places…

Apparently, my cat loves the tub. More specifically, he loves trying to lick every last drop of water that he can find in the tub. For weeks now, he’s been eyeballing the water in the tub every time I get out of the shower. He’d watch from afar, but never do anything else. Well, now I’ll call him my tub bandit.

He cracks me right up! Smile

IMG_7654IMG_7655

***************************

Dinner

Jay was out playing ice hockey all day and I really had no idea when he was going to be getting back home. So when he called asking “what’s up for dinner,” I was kind of at a loss since I hadn’t planned anything. I did a quick scan of what was in the fridge, seeing if I’d be able to throw together some salads.

Then he said, “Want me to check and see what soups Panera has on my way home?”

I knew I loved this man for a reason. Winking smile

We got ourselves some of their chicken noodle soup, which I have now determined is my favorite Panera soup. My heart used to belong to their Vegetarian Vegetable, until they changed the recipe…darn you, Panera!

Good thing they still come through with this chicken noodle…I supposed I’ll let it slide. Winking smile

The noodles are easily what make this soup…I need to find them!?!

To go with our soup, I made some simple salads with romaine, cukes, carrots, red onion, grape tomatoes, and some cubed fontina cheese. Fontina cheese…definitely a good choice!

And of course, with Panera soup, you get Panera baguettes. I think I could eat their baguettes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They’re fantastic!

Now I’m planning on spending the rest of my evening reading this issue of bon appetit magazine that my MIL picked up for me,

and relaxing on the couch with these two characters.

Boy, life is tough, isn’t it? Winking smile

Hope you’ve all had a great weekend! They go by wayyy too fast, don’t they??

1 Kristi January 9, 2011 at 7:12 pm

I love today, too! It was a nice Sunday. I stayed home and was both lazy and productive… those are the best kind of days!!
Kristi recently posted..The best way to start off my day

2 Ashley January 9, 2011 at 7:18 pm

If you’re a fan of Bon Appetit magazine, check out their Fast Easy Fresh cookbook. I got it for Christmas and it’s awesome for weeknight dinners!

3 sana January 9, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I love love loveeee Panera soup!! i am so happy you had a lovely Sunday :)

4 Holly January 9, 2011 at 7:28 pm

That’s my favorite Panera soup too! The noodles ARE totally what makes it. They are like perfectly cooked- kind of chewy, but then fluffy on the outside..if that makes ANY sense at all. I love the bread so much that I typically ask for another piece…plan to save the 2nd piece for late, but then I eat them both immediately..like even before I get home! lol! :)
Love little Cody, he’s such a cutie!!
Holly recently posted..Baking In Between Naps

5 Emma January 9, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Oooh I love lazy Sundays! I had a day that was very similar to yours! Fab workout, cleaning and relaxing :-) xx
Emma recently posted..Lazy Sunday mornings

6 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun January 9, 2011 at 7:33 pm

The workout looks great. I really like the mix of intervals and more steady running. I can imagine yoga felt fabulous afterwards.
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..The Last Day

7 Kate January 9, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Try the Reames frozen egg noodles — they’re in the freezer section, and are SO good. My fiance loves, loves, loves Panera soup, and those noodles are the closest I can get.

8 Courtney January 9, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Oooo, thanks for the tip! I’ll have to check that out. :)

9 Ashley@quasichick January 9, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I have never tried cereal combining..I must fix that quick :)

10 Ashley@quasichick January 9, 2011 at 8:49 pm

oops I put the wrong webiste

11 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 9, 2011 at 9:26 pm

I never go to Panera without getting that soup! Even on the hottest summer days, I usually get a cup of it… mmm, I want some now.
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Guest Post- White Chocolate Mini Chip Peanut Butter Cups

12 Meredith January 9, 2011 at 9:34 pm

that’s my favorite soup there, too! Cross our fingers that they never change that recipe!!
Good to know about the 10Ib slimdown yoga…I did the “lower” video on Friday and I’m still sore two days later!
Meredith recently posted..Underestimating Breakfast Benefits

13 Paige @ Running Around Normal January 9, 2011 at 9:58 pm

How cute is Cody?! haha funny cat:)

14 Allison @ Happy Tales January 9, 2011 at 11:38 pm

That is tooooo funny about your kitty! Animals are so funny, life would be so boring without them!
Allison @ Happy Tales recently posted..Biostatistics Hm Right

15 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 10, 2011 at 12:18 am

Panera is so good! :)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Shopping Spree

16 Marcie January 10, 2011 at 12:41 am

Such a cute orangey kitty! My cats do that bathtub thing too.
Marcie recently posted..Capital Region- Rich in Roller Derby

17 Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) January 10, 2011 at 12:41 am

Umm, your cat is seriously adorable. LOVE!
Courtney (Pancakes & Postcards) recently posted..Welcoming 2011… A Little Late

18 Stefanie January 10, 2011 at 1:45 am

My kitten loves going in the bathtub too! haha I always have to pick up an iced coffee when I’m shopping! It’s a ritual. :)

That combo cereal bowl is pretty much my nightly snack! Yum!

19 tea January 10, 2011 at 9:42 am

i work at panera, our next promotion is “get fit”, starting jan 13 and we will no longer have that chicken noodle soup it will be replaced with our new formulation that is all natural, lower sodium, and the broth is not as thick.

20 Courtney January 10, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Noooo! Say it isn’t so!! :(

21 Lindsey January 10, 2011 at 9:55 am

My cat does that, too. If I take an actual bath instead of a shower he’ll even come right up to the tub, sit on the ledge and drink the water while I’m still in it! (Kinda cute, kinda gross :/) When we take showers he’ll hop in as soon as we hop out. He looks similar to Cody, too. And I agree with you on Panera changing their vegetable soup recipe. It was better before.

22 virtual assistants April 21, 2013 at 1:41 pm

If some one wishes expert view about blogging then i suggest him/her
to go to see this webpage, Keep up the nice work.
virtual assistants recently posted..virtual assistants