Colorful Eats & Snow Day Superstitions

by Courtney on January 11, 2011

So how’s the weather where YOU are today??

Things are still clear here – the calm before the “storm” I suppose you’d say. But I’ve got high hopes for what’s to come…

weather2

C’monnnnn SNOW DAY!!! Rolling on the floor laughing

I’ve got my fingers crossed… Fingers crossed

Breakfast

Another craving for the cereal combo bowl hit me this morning. I’ll tell ya, it never gets old!

Quaker Oatmeal Squares + Kashi Heart to Heart + Vanilla almond milk + blueberries

Enjoyed at my desk, along with some scrumptious caffeine in a mug. Winking smile

Lunch

When I tell you that I was excited about my lunch immediately after finishing today’s breakfast, I swear I’m not kidding…

How ‘bout them leftovers?!? Smile

I created another combo bowl of sorts by mixing together the following ingredients:

• 1 leftover Twice-Baked Stuffed Sweet Potato boat, slightly mashed
  • Leftover roasted cauliflower
  • Chopped spinach (about 1 cup?)
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Extra Broccoli florets
  • A dollop of plain, nonfat Chobani Greek yogurt

These leftovers were everything I’d dreamed they’d be! Having the potatoes be a little more solid totally worked with this bowl today. All of the flavors meshed together so well!

All I can say is…I’m glad I still have more leftover potatoes. Winking smile

The combo bowl actually left me feeling pretty full, but hunger struck again a couple hours later, so I snacked on my nice, crisp golden delicious apple,

and some honey sesame Kashi crack crackers.

Workout

After work, I wasn’t in much of a mood to run, so I decided to take it a little easier today and did my favorite 45 minute treadmill walk while watching Ellen. That workout usually covers just about 3 miles, so it’s still a good one!

Dinner

Or shall I say…breakfast? Winking smile

For some reason, I could not get an egg & cheese bagel sandwich off of my mind, so I lightly toasted one of my Weight Watchers bagels and topped it with:

• 1/2 cup Egg Beaters
  • Fontina cheese
  • 2 slices roasted deli turkey
  • Fresh Spinach
  • Tomatoes

IMG_7722IMG_7725

Mmmmmm!! Open-mouthed smile

On the side, I had about 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese + mixed fruit.

Tonight’s dinner totally hit the spot!

Actually, ALL of today’s meals totally hit the spot. Don’t you just love when that happens?

Plus, I’d say I’m pretty happy with all the pretty colors I was able to incorporate too. I think I need to work on doing that more often!

Well, I think it’s time to go throw on the PJ’s…backwards and inside-out, of course! Gotta keep routing for that Snow Day tomorrow!! Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

Did you/do you have any strange/unique superstitions or rituals??

1 Blog is the New Black January 11, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I so wish I had a treadmill so that I could take a walk watching TV now and then!!!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..BBQ Chicken Pizza

2 Steph January 11, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Do you put anything in your coffee every day such as milk/creamer/sugar?

3 Courtney January 11, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Yup! I usually use 1-1/2 packets of Truvia and some skim milk.

4 Stefanie January 11, 2011 at 8:26 pm

haha I always say knock on wood! I don’t necessarily believe it-but I just have to say it! Or else what if it really does happen? ;)

I love sweet potato in salad!! It’s add such great flavor and a creamy texture!

5 briana January 11, 2011 at 8:31 pm

good luck on your snow day here in colorado we got one monday!

6 VanessaG January 11, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I am a 1st g teacher and we missed 1 whole week b4 8hristmas break, last Fri, and haven’t went any this week(M-W). I’m kinda hoping we do go…beginning to get stir crazy and I don’t want to be in school till July!

7 Courtney January 11, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Oh my gosh, that’s CRAZY!!!!!

8 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 11, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Fingers crossed for a snow day. ;)

9 Alyssa Kuminski January 11, 2011 at 9:07 pm

What is your treadmill walking routine? I am hoping for a snow day too!! We havent had one yet with promises of “7 inches” at least 4 times.
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Misled…

10 Courtney January 12, 2011 at 5:04 pm

If you click on the link, it will bring you to the workout :)

11 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 11, 2011 at 9:19 pm

I love eating by color!

I never really did the PJ’s inside out thing when I was younger. Although, being from CNY, you don’t really need to do anything to get a snow day – mother nature takes care of it all :)
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..What do I do with this

12 Ashley@quasichick January 11, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I nominated you as a “stylish blogger”..check it out :)
Ashley@quasichick recently posted..I am a STYLISH Blogger

13 Hayley January 11, 2011 at 9:24 pm

We’re predicted to get 10 – 20 inches here in the Hudson Valley! You’re lucky that you get snow days! I’ll have my fingers crossed for you, even though I’m sure you’ll have a snow day anyway! :)

When I was in high school and college, I never wore makeup on test days. Don’t know where I got it from, but I was always worried about getting makeup in my eye (??) during the test! Very strange indeed.

14 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl January 11, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Fingers crossed for a snow day for you tomorrow!

I love breakfast for dinner! Always so good!
Autumn @ Good Eats Girl recently posted..Some oldies- but goodies!!

15 Emma January 11, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Great post sweetie! I’ve goy my fingers crossed for your snow day! xx
Emma recently posted..Vegan Summer Berry Ice Cream

16 Angie January 12, 2011 at 12:36 am

I just wanted to let you know that all your meals that you made today look like absolute perfection! Keep making great meals like that so I can copy you once I start classes up next week and need to pack my lunch! :) You’re so inspiring and I truly mean it when I say that! :)

Keep up the great work…. I look forward to watching you blog for more tasty treats!

17 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 12, 2011 at 7:45 am

Yes, backwards and inside out PJ’s were always what I did too!! Fingers crossed you got that snow day!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Hummus Yummus

18 Vanessa January 12, 2011 at 8:31 am

YAY for being teachers and having snowdays!! (I live close, in Rotterdam). Enjoy your wonderful day off, I think were going to venture up to Gore to go skiing.

19 Nat January 12, 2011 at 9:06 am

Your cereal breakfast and veggie lunch looks really really great. Enjoy staying warm inside… away from the snow. I’m in New York… we have similar weather. Cold and snowy!

20 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 12, 2011 at 9:07 am

ahh yes i always have to check that iv set my alarm 3 times… its so annoying, but i am so paranoid about sleeping in!! you did have some great eats!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

21 Jennie January 12, 2011 at 10:34 am

I write down things that I want to happen in a notebook, like 50 times. I consider it a form of positive affirmations lol.
Jennie recently posted..Working from Home