I Got My Snow Day!

by Courtney on January 12, 2011

It worked! It worked! Open-mouthed smile

I got my SNOW DAY!!!

IMG_7735IMG_7733

It’s so pretty out there…especially since I don’t have to go out in it. Winking smile

I started my morning by doing a little lounging around on the couch, watching the snow fall outside and catching up on the morning news. Soon, it was time for some breakfast!

I toasted up 2 Van’s Lite Waffles and topped them with a smear of pumpkin, a shmear of peanut butter, some raisins, and a little sugar-free maple syrup. Got a little heavy-handed with the syrup today…Woops. Embarrassed smile

In case you hadn’t noticed, these aren’t just any waffles…they’re happy waffles! Open-mouthed smile

So besides Snow Days being perfect for relaxing breakfasts, they’re also the perfect opportunity to do a little baking…

You like that workspace?? Ahh who needs countertops anyways???

Actually, me. I need countertops…badly. I cannot WAIT for them to come in! Eye rolling smile

But about these cookies…

I’ve already taken one batch out of the oven and all I can say is…be ready for this recipe later! Winking smile

IMG_7742IMG_7743

Now I’m thinking it’s time for a workout. I was planning on heading to BodyPump later this afternoon, but I really don’t think I feel like dealing with the snow. Good thing I have some backups!

***Make sure to head on over to Katie’s blog today to see my guest post!***

It’s FULL of some of my favorite recipes and menu ideas!

Question for the Day:

How do you/did you like to spend a Snow Day??

1 Ang January 12, 2011 at 11:11 am

Okay…..pumpkin spread on waffles…….yum! Love the little creative smiley face:) Mmmm and I can’t wait to try the cookie recipe. I’m a sucker for good ones!

2 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 12, 2011 at 11:13 am

I ALWAYS bake on snow days! It’s a tradition :)
Can’t wait for the recipe! :D
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Chocolate covered day

3 Megan (Braise The Roof) January 12, 2011 at 11:17 am

Ah I’m so jealous! That has to be the best part of being a teacher. :) It snowed here in Chicago yesterday, too, but nothing too crazy. You’re right- snow is awesome as long as you don’t have to commute in it!

4 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. January 12, 2011 at 11:22 am

My snow day is being spent cleaning, working out, and blogging :)
Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. recently posted..Fitting in some last minute quality time

5 Shanna, like Banana January 12, 2011 at 11:37 am

Lucky girl! I haven’t had a snow day since college in Chicago.

I’d spend it reading, baking, cooking, etc :)

6 Whitney January 12, 2011 at 11:44 am

Monday and Tuesday were snow/ice days for me in NC!! Love spending snow days sipping hot chocolate, doing laundry, watching tv and working out! Enjoy yours :)

7 Jaclyn January 12, 2011 at 11:47 am

Ah lucky you for your snow day – enjoy it!! :D
Jaclyn recently posted..Snow Angel -

8 Blog is the New Black January 12, 2011 at 11:51 am

I am baking and cooking, too! Enjoy. Can’t wait for that recipe, girl!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..BBQ Chicken Pizza

9 Ashley January 12, 2011 at 11:58 am

I’m so jealous. We don’t get snow days, here. I live in Alberta where 2ft of snow and -40 degree temps are just a matter of course. The schools do not shut down b/c it would be a danger to kids that showed up (like if the parents didn’t know – plus some parents have no alternative child care arrangements). Work never shuts down either. Ah, the great white north….

10 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 12, 2011 at 12:03 pm

So very jealous of you today :) Do I see oats in that dough? Raisins?
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..What do I do with this

11 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) January 12, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Those waffles look happy to have a snow day too! I agree….a snow day is the perfect baking day. Can’t wait to see the recipe!

12 Holly January 12, 2011 at 12:22 pm

The trees look SO pretty!! I hope you are staying WARM & enjoying your day off :D
Holly recently posted..Just Sayin’

13 Charlie January 12, 2011 at 1:24 pm

It’s been a long time since I had a snow day! I like to use them to do absolutely nothing productive ;).
Charlie recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge

14 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 12, 2011 at 2:31 pm

You know you’re an elementary school teach when you make smiley faces on your waffles ;) Happy Snow Day!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..What I Learned Today

15 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 12, 2011 at 3:28 pm

how dare you post pictures and taunt us!! CANT WAIT :D
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

16 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm

I live in the only state without snow right now. :/

However, when I went to school in SC for a year we had a few snow days. I went out and played it in, and then stayed in and watched tv. ;)