Double Date Night Deals

by Courtney on January 14, 2011

Last night was so much fun! Open-mouthed smile

Jay and I had a blast hanging out with Sarah and Jeff at dinner. They’re such great company, how could we not??

YAY for Double Date Night Celebrations! Open-mouthed smile

(yeah, I rocked the glasses and the extremely static-y hair yesterday…blah!)

Once we got to Wheatfields, we tried to snag a table in the bar area so we could get the “Happy Hour” specials, but it was pretty packed. Fortunately, the staff was extremely accommodating and said they would honor the deals for where we were. The four of us were very impressed with how friendly and helpful they were. Smile

So we started off with a round of drinks, which are “Two for One” from their 4-7 Happy Hour. Saweeeeet!

I ordered a glass of Pinot Grigio, which eventually turned into two once I got my “two-fur” later on in the evening. Winking smile

After sitting for probably 30 minutes without even looking at the menu, we figured it’d probably be a good idea to order some food…

Another phenomenal deal that Wheatfields offers during Happy Hour is $5.00 pizzas.

For Real.

No question there!

Sarah and I ordered the Blanco pizza to share, which has caramelized onions, ricotta, roasted garlic, goat cheese, and mozzarella.

It was awesome.

The boys both got their own pizzas to share. Jay ordered the Margherita pizza, which I traded him a piece of mine for. It was, once again, delicious.

Then to share with the table, we got an order of Bruschetta,

and their Sweet and Sour Calamari.

This calamari is fantastic. The sauce was actually almost a little too spicy for me (although that’s not saying much…). but the flavor really was incredible!

The four of us decided that we’re actually going to try to make this a bi-weekly event…especially after we saw how great the price was. Believe it or not, for 2-3 drinks per person, 3 pizzas, calamari, and bruschetta, our total bill only came to $51 and some change.

Seriously! Is that not a deal or what??? Open-mouthed smile

**********************************

Now I’m about to head out the door to tackle this Friday, but I think I can handle it…

It’s pay day, it’s Coffee Friday, and it’s Comfy Cozy day!

*Let’s consider this my Fashion Friday post for today, shall we?* Winking smile

I really think I could get used to rockin’ this kind of attire to work everyday, wouldn’t you??

Question for the Morning:

What are YOU celebrating this Friday?? Smile

1 Blog is the New Black January 14, 2011 at 8:18 am

I so wish I could wear that to work! TGIF!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..BBQ Chicken Pizza

2 Anna @ Blissful Whimsy January 14, 2011 at 8:30 am

We have a two-hour delay today. Definitely something to celebrate :o)
Anna @ Blissful Whimsy recently posted..Snow week accomplishments

3 Tina January 14, 2011 at 8:33 am

Wow, you guys really did get a bargain! Haha, I’m loving your fashionable, super cozy look! Enjoy your weekend!!
Tina recently posted..Trader Joes Exposed!

4 vvvv January 14, 2011 at 9:08 am

i want pizza and calamari..

i m hungry

5 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 14, 2011 at 9:11 am

cozy comfy day!! ahh that has my name all over it.. so does that pizza.
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

6 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 14, 2011 at 9:15 am

What a great deal!!! :D

Today I am celebrating that my post race cold is FINALLY getting better… I think. ;)

7 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl January 14, 2011 at 9:17 am

I used to live for the Colts getting into the playoffs because it was the only time of year we were allowed to wear jeans on Fridays! :)

Those deals are amazing! And the pizza looks delish!
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Repeat Offender

8 Allison @ Happy Tales January 14, 2011 at 9:22 am

Wow you guys really did get a deal! I’d be makin’ that a biweekly event, too! Glad it was so fun :)
Allison @ Happy Tales recently posted..Just do it

9 Shanna, like Banana January 14, 2011 at 11:03 am

I’m treating msyelf to coffe too today ;) And Fridays we can wear jeans, so I’m rockin’ those as well.

Your pizza looks so good. I may try to recreate it at home!

10 Leanne (For Health's Sake) January 14, 2011 at 11:31 am

Uggs + workout pants are the way to go!

Today I’m celebrating that it’s payday and that it’s friday! Yippppeee! Also, it’s my momma’s birthday :) so ill see her tomorrow to hang out and eat cake!
Leanne (For Health’s Sake) recently posted..Great Treadmill Sesh

11 christina January 14, 2011 at 11:42 am

you always look so pretty!
christina recently posted..Apple-Cinnamon Oat Squares Impulsive or Spontaneous

12 Emma January 14, 2011 at 5:28 pm

so glad you had a great time! the pizza looks scrummy! x
Emma recently posted..Vegan Summer Berry Ice Cream

13 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl January 14, 2011 at 5:47 pm

Looks like you guys had a great time! I’m just celebrating the fact that it’s Friday today! :)
Autumn @ Good Eats Girl recently posted..I’m gonna make it!

14 Laura January 15, 2011 at 9:46 am

I miss Wheatfields! We used to always go there when my now husband went to Skidmore. We have to get back up to Saratoga sometime soon. It’s been way too long. Happy weekend!

15 Kristi January 15, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I love happy hour deals, though I don’t get out to too many happy hours :)
Kristi recently posted..Phew! It’s been a busy week