And The Jets WIN!

by Courtney on January 16, 2011

I might be a little excited right now…

THE JETS WIN! THE JETS WIN!!!

My parents house is definitely filled with some very happy people right now!

We headed over here earlier for an evening of football and food. As always, the food was plentiful…

IMG_7857IMG_7867

And the Jets gear was definitely out in full force!

My family isn’t full of die-hard Jets fans or anything… ;)

IMG_7864IMG_7865

Isn’t my parents’ bar top the coolest??

Years ago, my parents, brother, and I made this bar top completely out of pennies. Believe it or not, it actually took longer to get the pennies from the bank then it did to lay them all out for the bar top…

That’s over $38.00 in pennies! :)

So the last few hours of my life have been outrageously intense. I can’t believe how nervous this darn game was making me! The nerves definitely led to some nervous munching throughout the game. Even still, I enjoyed a little bit of everything, and don’t feel overly stuffed.

Overall, it was a GREAT game…

and we’re still celebrating!! :-D

Question for the Evening:

Have you been watching football? Who are YOU routing for?

(I promise, I won’t judge) ;)

1 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. January 16, 2011 at 9:21 pm

YAY JETS! My family was going nuts too. I tried to call my boyfriend in Boston and rub it in but mysteriously he wouldn’t pick up the phone hahaha
Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. recently posted..What a Weekend!

2 Julie @SavvyEats January 16, 2011 at 9:21 pm

We’re cheering for both the Jets and the Packers… Dan did spend his first 23 years in Wisconsin, after all!
Julie @SavvyEats recently posted..On Books

3 Cynthia (It All Changes) January 16, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Your team beat mine :0( But it was a good game.

Next week I’m torn. I don’t like either team…but I’m a fan of the game so I’ll be watching.

I don’t think I’ll have a voice after todays’ game and all the screaming.

4 Krysten January 16, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I was rooting for the Pats :( SO depressed right now, but the victory went to the better team. Congrats on the win!

5 Amy B @ Second City Randomness January 16, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Well… you know I’m a Bears fan, so I may not be so nice about your team in a couple weeks, but was totally cheering you guys on today. I mean seriously- who actually likes the Patriots??? :p
Amy B @ Second City Randomness recently posted..A Friday of Social

6 Mariana January 16, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I was rooting for the Packers and the Jets although I have a teenage – like crush on Tom Brady
Mariana recently posted..Razones para estar triste

7 Meagan January 16, 2011 at 9:57 pm

GOOO BEARS!!!

8 Rick January 16, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Can you make me some PITTSBURGH STEELER cupcakes for next week ?

9 Jay January 16, 2011 at 10:24 pm

NOPE, only JETS cupcakes are welcome!!!

10 Molly January 16, 2011 at 10:25 pm

GO JETS!!! I was also quite excited about the win. I’m a Beas Fan, but spent a good portion of my life in NJ, so today was my football dream come true. I can’t wait to see what happens next week.

11 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl January 16, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Yay, Jets!!!! So glad you guys had a great time!! I was so glad the Jets won…NOT a Patriots fan at all!!
Autumn @ Good Eats Girl recently posted..Shopping- Organizing and Baking

12 Allison @ Happy Tales January 16, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Haha so glad the Jets won for y’all! Sounds like a really fun night :)
Allison @ Happy Tales recently posted..Just do it

13 Charlie January 16, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Love the bar! I had 10$ of rolled pennies once. Instead of going to the bank to change them, I gave them to a charity that was doing door-to-door :).
Charlie recently posted..Zucchini Gratin

14 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 16, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Go Jets!!! :D :D :D

And I love that table! Too cool!

15 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 17, 2011 at 2:26 am

wohoo! i love all your Jets gear- true fan right there. i dont get football over in the UK :(…. they only show british ‘football’ haha
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

16 Kerry January 17, 2011 at 2:28 am

haha! love the first pic!

17 Floey January 17, 2011 at 4:32 am

Haha that penny table is AMAZING. Never seen something like that!
Floey recently posted..Al Final

18 Stephanie @cookinfanatic January 17, 2011 at 8:30 am

Go Packers!!! Good win last night though – hopefully we’ll be seeing you in the Superbowl ;)
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..100 Degrees

19 Kelly January 17, 2011 at 8:55 am

I am a Colts girl!!

20 Lisa January 17, 2011 at 9:00 am

Hey Courtney!
I’m new to your blog and I’m loving it! I definitely plan to be a daily reader- hope that’s ok ;)

My family and I are also VERY EXCITED today! We’re from Chicago so I think you know who we are rooting for!
GO BEARS!! :o)

21 Courtney January 17, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Hi Lisa!
It’s totally ok. ;)

22 Kristi January 17, 2011 at 9:12 am

I love the bar top and it’s nice that the whole family worked on it together.
I’m not a real big football follower, but I will watch the Super Bowl!
Kristi recently posted..Phew! It’s been a busy week

23 Blog is the New Black January 17, 2011 at 9:32 am

As a Bostonian… I was rooting for the Pats. I have one very unhappy boyfriend this AM!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Man Food Makeover

24 Holly January 17, 2011 at 9:45 am

I’m sure this is a no brainer- RAVENS :D I still love ‘em, always will. Black & purple forever.
Gotta tell ya- I’m rootin’ for the Jets next weekend. No way in H-E- Double hockey sticks that I’m rooting for the SQUEALERS! EVER.
Holly recently posted..The ‘Morning After’ Breakfast

25 Courtney January 17, 2011 at 10:17 pm

Hahaha, YAY! :)

26 Marg January 17, 2011 at 10:34 am

Congrats, We were rooting for the Jets yesterday. Sorry as much as I don’t want to, I’ll be rooting for the Steelers for the next game! That’s my boyfriends team, but kinda don’t want him rubbing it in if they make it to the Superbowl, since my team, Saints, are out :( So I may secretly be happy if the Jets win, haha.

27 Beth @ Give a girl the right shoes January 17, 2011 at 10:44 am

I love the Packers! I know how exciting it is to see your team win though! Hopefully next weekend both teams play great! :)

28 Dani January 17, 2011 at 10:56 am

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!! Love Love my birds and my bf’s team is the ravens who I’ll also cheer for( I’ve actually become quite acclimated with the city of Baltimore). I was cheering for the Jets, but its still kind of hard to like the jets because living in Queens and working in the City I am surrounded by Jets and cross over from the giants jets fans and boy are the obnoxious! WHen the Yankees beat the Phillies 2 yrs ago THey wallpapered my desk with newspaper articles about the Yankees…..for this reason I cannot like NY teams -_- but anything is better then Pittsburgh( try living in Penn State with all those crazies)! So go Jets!

Love the bar!

IF you moved to say ……I don’t know Green Bay would you change teams or stay loyal, or route for both?
Dani recently posted..Weekly Recap!

29 Courtney January 17, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I don’t know…I’d say I’m a Jets fan through and through :)

30 Stacie January 17, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Glad your Jets won because my Falcons sure didn’t!
Stacie recently posted..The perks of being a single girl

31 Emma January 17, 2011 at 6:28 pm

congrats on the win!!
Emma recently posted..Chocolate Dreams and Fab Friends -

32 Megan January 18, 2011 at 10:18 am

All I can say is you might see my Pack against your Jets in the Superbowl!

33 Katie G. January 18, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I’m a Ravens fan…so now we’r out for the season. :(

I did make some buffalo chicken dip and PURPLE cookies for the game this past Saturday! Fun times.

I now will be rooting for the Jets to go all the way…”anybody but the Steelers”!
Katie G. recently posted..Buffalo Chicken Dip

34 Michelle January 20, 2011 at 11:50 am

Love the bar!

This post was a little depressing… die-hard Pats fan here.

So now I’m rooting for the Steelers! ;)
Michelle recently posted..The cold-weather running blues