A Fabulously Fun Day!

by Courtney on January 17, 2011

Guess what I did today????

Well, actually, I did a lot of things today…a lot of fun things, in fact.

But, really, guess!

……..

I went to BodyPump!! For the first time in a looooong time, I was finally able to make the trip to the gym. I’m a little embarassed to say that I actually haven’t been to the gym to workout since I first decided to renew my membership back in December. Eeeek.

Before leaving the house, I sipped on some fresh-brewed coffee,

and enjoyed a light breakfast – a whole wheat Arnold’s Sandwich Thin spread with some PB & banana slices.

Today’s PB was actually a new adventure…and quite possibly a new favorite

WOW! The Peanut Butter & Co’s “The Bee’s Knees” is seriously…well…the bee’s knees. Winking smile It’s sooooo good!

Once at the gym, I did a quick 15 minutes on the elliptical, and then proceeded to have my booty handed to me in BodyPump. It’s always super intense after taking some time away from class, but oh my

You guys seriously should have seen me trying to put my makeup on and dry my hair afterward. I felt completely handicapped. Eye rolling smile That’s the sign of a good workout right there!!

****************************

I had to come home and get ready quick after the gym today because I had a hot lunch date. Surprised smile

With my favorite ladies!!

I’ll tell ya, having your best group of girlfriends all in the same profession as you really works out fantastic when it comes to having the same days off and planning get-togethers. Smile

We met up at The Cheesecake Factory, which is where we were supposed to originally meet up back in November but had to cancel after I got sick.

As usual, our table was given some bread to start.

I think the dark bread from here is in my Top 5. It’s soo good. We absolutely got extra.

So if you’ve ever been to Cheesecake Factory, please tell me that you agree with the fact that the menu is completely overwhelming!?! Talk about CHOICES! Nonetheless, I ended up sticking with the same thing I get pretty much any time I’ve gone – Luau Salad.

The Luau Salad is “grilled chicken breast layered with mixed greens, cucumbers, green onions, red and yellow peppers, green beans, carrots, mango and crisp wontons with macadamia nuts and sesame seeds,” served with their house vinaigrette.

Phenomenal. Call me boring, call me safe; oh well, it’s delicious. Don’t judge. Winking smile

I was trying really hard to avoid the cheesecake menu, but really…who am I kidding? Luckily, my friend Eileen agreed to split a slice with me.

We ordered the White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake, which was beyond incredible.

And talk about the whipped cream?? They’re no joke with the stuff here!

IMG_7886-1

*******************************

After lunch, we all decided to do a little browsing around the Christmas Tree Shop, and let me tell you…I’m so glad I did. Look what I found!!!!!

The whole wheat pastry flour was only $4.00, and a jar of The Bee’s Knees which was only $2.99!!! Talk about good timing!

“Don’t You Just Love a Bargain?” Winking smile

Yes, yes I do.

And you wanna know what else I love??……

I love Sephora. Now if only they were a bargain…

Winking smile

I had to pick up a couple of the essentials today, so I’ll give you all a sneak peek!

I am absolutely in love with the Smog & Sin colors of eye shadow from Urban Decay. I first had them in a sample pallet, but I used them all up. I’ve been holding off on buying them, but thanks to a couple gift cards from Christmas, I was able to justify the purchase.

I wear them layered on top of each other (Smog first, then Sin) and usually rim my bottom lashes with the Smog color, too. I’d highly recommend their eyeshadows!!

I also had to replenish my supply of Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer.

This stuff really does make my foundation go on like butter, and leaves my skin feeling super smooth and silky. It’s a little pricey, but so totally worth the investment (in my opinion!).

*****************************

Tonight, Jay and I are watching The Town, which we picked up out of Red Box. I’m quite excited, since I’ve been wanting to see this for a while now!

Questions for the Evening:

What’s the last exciting purchase you made??

Did you have today off? How did you spend it? Smile

1 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 17, 2011 at 6:23 pm

OMG that cheesecake?!?! Wow!!

I went to BodyPump today too! Love it! My muscles are always so shaky afterwards too!

Love all your purchases! Especially the PB&Co’s Bees Knees! I’ve yet to try that, but I’m addicted to their Dark Chocolate Dreams at the mo! THAT was definitely the best food purchase recently!
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Straight in- Straight out

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 17, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Looks like you had a great day off! I’ve heard so much about that photo finish but haven’t tried it. I use bare minerals also – do you like both products together?
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Work in Progress

3 Courtney January 17, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Yes! Love them :)

4 Kelly January 17, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Sounds like a great day!

5 Jessie McLaughlin January 17, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Oh I had to comment on your finds at the Christmas Tree Shop!! Oh one of my favorite places to shop when I go see my family in MA!! I now live in NC and they are not down here! I did have the day off, had lunch with a friend and we hit Big Lots for a ton of savings as well! Oh and hit the gym in the am too! Enjoy your blog!
Jessie McLaughlin recently posted..Meals for the week

6 Courtney January 17, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Thanks! :)

7 Blog is the New Black January 17, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Today I was off and I cleaned my entire house! I love Sephora- one of my all time fav stores.
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Cookies that Taste Like an Almond Joy

8 Kelly January 17, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I LOVE urban decay!…and sephora in general. The last exciting purchase I made was actually from sephora, I got the “Full by living proof” thickening cream since I have super thin hair. I love it so far!

9 Shanna, like Banana January 17, 2011 at 6:50 pm

Nope I’m at work..boo.

I tried to get the hubby to go to the Cheesecake Factory on Sat and there was too long of a wait. I get the Santa Fe (I think) salad every time.

And now that I’m “blonde” again, I’ve been looking for new shadows..thanks!
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Those wild Friday nights

10 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 17, 2011 at 7:30 pm

I love Xmas Tree Shop! One of the best stores for catching good deals.

I didn’t have the day off today, but I’m glad you enjoyed yours!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..3-2-1 Brownie Batter Dip

11 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl January 17, 2011 at 7:33 pm

I love Cheesecake Factory! It sounds like you had a great day! I spent the day with my hubby as he had the day off too!

Sephora is so fun….I heart my bare minerals!! It works like a dream!
Autumn @ Good Eats Girl recently posted..Shopping- Organizing and Baking

12 Charlie January 17, 2011 at 7:34 pm

That bread looks delicious! My last exciting purchase was a running jacket from lululemon. Yes, I’m a stylish winter runner ;).
Charlie recently posted..Easy Moist Chocolate Cake for Big Chocolate Cravings

13 Amy January 17, 2011 at 7:43 pm

The Luau salad is my fav there too I get it everytime I go. I was off today and went makeup shopping too. I use the BE mineral powder too with their primer. Love it. Today I was loooking at Lancomes concealer and eyeshadow base and liquid liner. I may go back and get them but I did get the Urban Decay Naked palette. Love it. Best pallette ever!

14 CaSaundra January 17, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I love the Cheesecake Factory–and yes, I agree, their menu is outrageous. I usually go with one of their omelets, so I guess I’m not too adventerous either haha!

15 Ally (oatsandspice) January 17, 2011 at 7:49 pm

You are dead on… Cheesecake Factory’s dark bread it right up on my list! SO GOOD! I think I would just be satisfied with the bread :)

I can’t believe you found such good deals… I have never heard of the Christmas Tree Shop…

16 Courtney January 17, 2011 at 10:14 pm

REALLY???

17 Alyssa Kuminski January 17, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I had off today and I literally did nothing until 4pm when I headed to Trader Joes and the gym! I looove cheesecake factory but not only is there menu overwhelming but so are their portion sizes! If you didn’t get a cheesecake I would’ve been very disappointed in you ;) I got the bees knees last week and im obsessed with it now too… You’ll love the town – enjoy!
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Winner &amp Weekend

18 Allison January 17, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I just went to the Cheesecake Factory, too!! My future in laws are in town and they love it. I went with breakfast for lunch and had eggs :) But I agree with the dark bread :)

My last exciting purchase was a new pair of glittery black pumps – splurge, but love them!

I worked today – but spent the afternoon with my fiancee :) :)

Love your blog! :) :)
Allison recently posted..Minus 5 degrees – in Las Vegas!

19 fsugirl! January 17, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Glad you had a great day! Full of perfect things; Cheesecake Factory, Sephora, Body Pump, good friends & coffee in your adorable mug! Where,oh, where did you get it? :D

20 Karen January 17, 2011 at 8:43 pm

How sad is it that I have never been to The Cheesecake Factory?! : ( I’m drooling over your lunch!!
Karen recently posted..I have a dream…

21 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) January 17, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Love lunch dates with friends!

Thanks for the make-up recommendations! I’m always curious to know what people use.

Today I purchased a loaf of bread from Great Harvest Bread Co.!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Ginger

22 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer January 17, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I am obsessed with making a bees knees and dark chocolate dreams sandwich! It’s such a good combo!!! I was at Sephora yesterday and ended up impulse buying Givenchy perfume. It was pricey but smelled to good to pass up.
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Personal Stylist

23 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries January 17, 2011 at 9:51 pm

I tried that cheesecake a few days ago! So delish!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..No Long Weekend Here!

24 She Rocks Fitness January 17, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I like that you chose a salad for lunch. Their menu is kind of ridiculous and some of their entries are loaded with calories, fat, and who knows what else, but that salad looks delicious.

I have a list of “new items” I would like to purchase, but hoping to do it in baby steps so I don’t ring up a HUGE CC bill. HA!

GO JETS! Cannot wait for the game this weekend!
She Rocks Fitness recently posted..For the Love of the Ta-Ta’s!

25 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 17, 2011 at 10:06 pm

What a fun day! :D :D :D

26 Danica January 17, 2011 at 10:22 pm

What an awesome day!! I have alwaysss wanted to go to the cheesecake factory! It looks fantastic…bread + salad + cheesecake are all of my favourites!

27 Shannon January 17, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I LOVE the cheesecake factory! That is the to-go spot for my mom, sisters and I when we shop on Black Friday. What a yummy day off treat!

PS I went to body pump for the first time on Saturday….I was also handicapped the rest of the day (and esp Sunday!) i’m hooked :)

28 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] January 18, 2011 at 12:58 am

love the 2nd pic of your salad – pretty!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..a few things

29 Allison @ Happy Tales January 18, 2011 at 1:27 am

Your day off sounds amazing!! Lucky girl :) I actually had to work today.. le sigh. And good job on the PB & Co… I looooove their stuff! So good!
Allison @ Happy Tales recently posted..Just do it

30 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 18, 2011 at 1:29 am

I recently bought a new camera!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Tag! You’re It

31 Emma January 18, 2011 at 5:40 am

love this post! what a great day – u can’t beat lunch with the girls! x
Emma recently posted..Chocolate Dreams and Fab Friends -

32 Lisa January 18, 2011 at 8:49 am

I just purchased PB2- powdered peanut butter. Have you tried it before? It’s pretty good and only 45 calories for 2 TBS and 1.5 grams of fat!
I recommend it!
Lisa recently posted..Hello Blogging World!

33 Courtney January 18, 2011 at 9:54 am

YES! That’s so funny you mentioned that, because I actually JUST took it out from the back of the cabinet to incorporate into my morning bowl of oats. It’s delish! :-P

34 Holly January 18, 2011 at 8:51 am

That’s my favorite salad @ cheesecake :) It’s soooo good. & the Bee’s Knees- OH boy! Love that peanut butter. You just have like ALL of my favorite things..in one day :D
Oh, I HAVE to know what you thought of The Town- I REALLY liked it. Craig gave it an ‘ehh’- he liked it, but isn’t a big Ben Afflect fan…but I am & I really liked it.
Have a good day!!
Holly recently posted..The ‘Morning After’ Breakfast

35 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 18, 2011 at 12:01 pm

cheesecake factory is my LIFE .. i wish they had it where i live!! and yes the menu is SO overwhelming, but i always stick with a sald to save room for choc chip cookie dough cheesecakee!!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post

36 Alexis January 18, 2011 at 12:40 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE

37 Yena January 18, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Oh my goodness, I used to have Urban Decay pallet, too and I also used up all of Sin and Smog – my favorite colors! Since then, I’ve switched to Too Faced Naked Eye Pallet. Still love Urban Decay though.
Yena recently posted..Day 3- Splendor Sine Occasu – Beauty Without End

38 Vanessa January 18, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I was just going to suggest the xmas three store for the PB… i got a variety of PB flavors there, along with their all natural jellies… so gooood!! (have you tried the white chocolate… its the best! so is the one with raisins)

39 Courtney January 18, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Yes I have! It’s the first one of theirs that I tried :)

40 Emily January 18, 2011 at 4:45 pm

you have just inspired me to take a visit to the Christmas Tree shop… what awesome goodies :) I love Sephora too… I try to avoid going in there because I *always* have to spend money when I go in, lol

the last exciting purchase I made? NOTHING! Which is good because not shopping was part of my New Year’s resolution :D My mom is going to by me a nice new leather messenger bag for school tonight online though which I’m very excited about!!
Emily recently posted..Solitude isn’t overrated

41 Kelly January 18, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I LOVE the cheesecake factory!!! Soooo good :)
Does the pb have honey in it? I’ve always been tempted to try it but I’m afraid to since I hate honey.

42 Courtney January 18, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I think it does, but the taste is super subtle. More of just a sweet peanut butter taste, rather than straight up honey

43 Jenny January 20, 2011 at 6:46 pm

I love the photo finish also…but got a tip from a wedding blog that monistat chafing gel is the EXACT SAME formula as the smashbox photo finish. I have used it, and it is a cream that goes on super smooth and is identical….except for price (:

44 Courtney January 20, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Nooooo way, REALLY?!? Good to know! ;)