Am I Really Going To Cali?

by Courtney on January 18, 2011

I think I’m still in shock…

I can’t believe that I’m going to California!! Open-mouthed smile

All afternoon I’m pretty positive I walked around this place with a huge smile plastered on my face. Open-mouthed smile I was so pumped, I even decided to do a second workout after my morning run.

But of course, I also took some time to fuel up…

Starting out with a veggie + cracker + hommus plate.

You can never beat a simple hommus combo…especially when there’s Kashi crackers involved!

About an hour later, I munched on a plain Chobani mixed with some honey, cinnamon, and topped with Kashi Heart to Heart cereal.

Again, simple yet super satisfying.

Before I knew it, dinner time rolled around, so I got to work on our menu for tonight: Pizza!

I used a Trader Joe’s Garlic & Herb pizza dough, and topped it with some pizza sauce, reduced-fat mozzarella, roasted peppers, onions, and broccoli, and a link of Italian herb chicken sausage.

Since broccoli sometimes bothers hubby’s stomach, I made sure to keep it all on my side. Winking smile

I enjoyed two pieces for dinner, and easily could have gone for a third, but I’m saving room for dessert tonight.

I was so proud of the fact that I held off on my sugar cravings all day, so I’m going to end my evening with a nice sweet treat! Now the only question is: Fudgy Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcake or Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chunk cookies??? Rolling on the floor laughing

Either way, I’m going to enjoy every last bite…maybe it will help me forget about this cold that has suddenly taken over my body. Sad smile I’d been trying to avoid the lingering symptoms since Saturday, but by this afternoon it seems to have hit full-force. My nose is sore. Real sore.

So hopefully a little dessert and a good night’s rest will have me feeling better by tomorrow!

P.S. – Make sure to check back tomorrow morning…I mayyy or may not have a giveaway coming your way! Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

Any tips to help curb cold symptoms???

1 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 18, 2011 at 7:12 pm

I love TJ’s pizza dough! We have homemade pizza A LOT because it’s just so darn good!

Do you have any Emergen-C? I always chug some when I feel cold symptoms coming on.
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Work in Progress

2 Courtney January 18, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I don’t…but I’m thinking about going out and getting some!

3 Danielle January 18, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Congrats on the trip! I can’t wait to hear all about it. As for a cold tip – eat a raw clove of garlic

4 Courtney January 18, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Yikes! I think hubby might ban me from the bedroom…

5 Danielle January 18, 2011 at 10:36 pm

ha he probably would but garlic does provide some natural healing powers :) http://www.health.com/health/article/0,,20411348,00.html

6 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 18, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Congrats again! I’m so excited for you. I’d have been walking around with a smile on my face if I were you, too. :)

I swear by zinc lozenges – start taking them right when you start to show symptoms of a cold. My pharmacist once recommended it to me and I really think it cuts down the duration of the cold.
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..3-2-1 Brownie Batter Dip

7 Courtney January 18, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Thanks, Liz!
I definitely think you still need to go…. :-D

8 Shanna, like Banana January 18, 2011 at 7:16 pm

If you do end up coming and want to extend your visit to SF, I’m happy to show you around and take you to some great restaurants and wineries :)
Shanna, like Banana recently posted..Those wild Friday nights

9 Courtney January 18, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Oooooo, now that sounds enticing! I will definitely keep that in mind Ms. Shanna! ;)

10 briana January 18, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Im in the same bout Iv’e had a runny nose and been sneezing all day, my biggest tips are taking zicam and airborne and if you get congested boil water with peppermint and sage and steam cover your head with a towel and breathe all that in for as long as you can. Sounds wierd but it works!

11 Erica January 18, 2011 at 7:19 pm

when i feel a cold coming on, i try to drink lots of vitamin C, drink hot brothy soup (i tend to crave pho), and try to get a ton of sleep!

hope you feel better!
Erica recently posted..MLK day- and i almost missed work!

12 fsugirl! January 18, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Aww hope ya feel better! :D

13 Pat Rowe January 18, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Do you need to be “vaporized”? : (

14 Courtney January 18, 2011 at 8:07 pm

15 Meredith January 18, 2011 at 7:59 pm

congrats on your trip! Your pizza looks great and very similar to what I made a few nights ago. My boyfriend insists he gets stomachache’s from broccoli too-not that I believe him, but I’ll gladly take it for my side of the pizza :)

I’d take the oatmeal raisin chunk cookie for dessert!!
Meredith recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Birthday Cupcakes

16 CaSaundra January 18, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Congrats on the big win–can’t wait to see all you do/see/learn on your Cali adventure. I knew you’d win :-) :-)

And feel better with your cold–that’s never fun!

17 Stefanie January 18, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I’ve never tried EmergenC, but whenever I feel I’m coming down with something I take Airbourne, which I think is similar. I take it in the morning & evening and it works like a charm every time!

18 Allison @ Happy Tales January 18, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Wooo have fun on your Cali trip! And that TJdough pizza you made… is so beautiful! I LOVE all of the colors of the veggies :)
Allison @ Happy Tales recently posted..Just do it

19 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl January 18, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Congratulations on the big win!! SO exciting!!

Your pizza looks great! Makes me hungry for dinner again!

20 Ellie January 18, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Sleep and water. When I went to college a friend of mines Mom who is a Dr. pulled us all aside and told us that if we started to get sick we should drink a lot of water all day everyday.
Ellie recently posted..The Globes

21 Blog is the New Black January 18, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Tj’s pizza dough is wonderful! Your pizza looks scrumptious.
Blog is the New Black recently posted..The Big Reveal!

22 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 18, 2011 at 11:09 pm

Congratulations again! :D

Definitely keep eating what you are eating. When I eat healthy, I usually keep away the cold germs!

23 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 19, 2011 at 2:27 am

CONGRATS on your amazing announcement!! Just saw it and that’s so AWESOME!! Your post was amazing and you really deserved it! :D

Lots of sleep and vit C are my only tips I’m afraid! Fingers crossed that the cold is kept at bay!
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Straight in- Straight out

24 Jennie @ Designed To Be Fit January 19, 2011 at 10:30 am

I always drink Gatorade when I feel like I’m getting sick, along with making sure to take my vitamins every day.
Jennie @ Designed To Be Fit recently posted..I’m Alive

25 amy January 19, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Congrats on ur trip. I’m so excited for u. You’ll have a blast.
To knock that cold out quick get u some vitamin C with BIOFLAVINOIDS(very importtant) and take 5,000 mg a day till u feel better. It knocked my cold out in a day, hubby who wouldn’t swallow pills was sick over a week.