Thrown Together in Less Than Three

by Courtney on January 20, 2011

Do you all have superpowers or something?

Because I’m feeling SO MUCH BETTER this afternoon and I’m quite tempted to say it’s from all your wonderful get-well wishes. Winking smile So THANK YOU…I’m on the mend!!

Thanks to my later-than-expected-but-still-super-fun-dinner-out last night, I didn’t end up getting anything prepped for today’s meals. Also unfortunately for me…I didn’t realize it until I opened the fridge this morning. Oops.

So today’s meals were definitely what you’d call a “throw together whatever you can find” kinda deal.

Exhibit A: Breakfast

First, I grabbed the rest of my bag of Kashi Heart to Heart cereal, and threw in another small handful of some of my me & goji Fantastically Festive mix.

Then I paired that with a packet of “in case of emergency” instant oatmeal from my desk at work,

and added in a super-ripe banana. It may not look pretty, but it sure was tasty.

And, of course, the coffee was included in the mix too. It did a fairly good job of holding me over for lunch up until about 45 minutes before…then my stomach was ravenous!

So then it was time to dig into Exhibit B: Lunch

Organized and packed in about 3 minutes flat!

Some mixed veggies + hommus (using the last of my baby carrots bag, which I always do…it saves a baggie!) Winking smile

Half of a grapefruit + about 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese. This is an awesome combo, by the way! I also sprinkled my grapefruit with about 1/2 packet of Truvia for a little sweetness.

And a little dose of my looooove: a Honey Graham Clif Z Bar. I think I could eat one of these every day and be totally ok with it.

Not tooooo shabby, right? I mean, for 3 minutes…I was pleased. Smile

Workout

After work, I came home and decided I was feeling well enough for a little cardio session (YAY!) so I hopped on the treadmill and completed my Insane Incline Run routine. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again: these intervals are no joke!

So now I’m about to head into the kitchen and find something to eat quickly, since I have a hot date tonight…

With a masseuse! I’ve hot an Hour Long Swedish Massage waiting for me in a little while, thanks to the gift certificate that Jay got me for our Anniversary. I definitely like the whole paper anniversary thing! Open-mouthed smile

Maybe if I’m lucky enough, this masseuse will massage any of these leftover sick germs right out of my body! Rolling on the floor laughing

Question for the Evening:

Do you ever treat yourself by getting pampered? Massages? Facials?

1 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 20, 2011 at 5:45 pm

I love that you keep oatmeal packets in your desk! GREAT idea!!

Lucky you, getting a massage! I’d love to have one! I’ll have a facial about once a year, if that! I just find it hard to fit in really! And I’d much rather spend the time running or baking to be honest! :P
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Exciting times!

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 20, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I rarely pamper myself – but maybe it’s something I should start doing! So jealous of your massage!

3 kate@ahealthypassion January 20, 2011 at 6:42 pm

enjoy your massage I love getting pampered, although I rarely spend money on massages, I would rather buy good food :)
kate@ahealthypassion recently posted..Winter Workout Plan

4 Eva January 20, 2011 at 6:59 pm

It is soooo obvious that you have traces of an eating disorder. Being so repetitive in your food choices, over analyzing the foods you eat, and trying to find subs to high cal things thst are high in volume in order for the experience of eating to last longer. Ex: Pb2 on Pb and jelly oats because it makes more Pb for the same cals or less than a smaller scoop of the same thing. It’s sick. Don’t foo yourself

5 Melissa January 20, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Huh. What a strange comment. Courtney is looking for healthier subs to high cal or high fat foods . . . doesn’t seem like disordered eating to me. She’s trying to make healthy choices. Aren’t we all??? Eating disorders are very difficult to recover from, but criticism of someone in recovery is about the worst thing you can do. If she’s putting nothing but positivity out there, why would you bother with a negative comment like this?

Courtney, I think you do an amazing job of balancing healthy eats, exercise, & treating yourself, too! Ignore the haters!

6 fsugirl! January 20, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I agree w/ Melissa! Courtney is healthy & happy! You rock girl! :D

7 Courtney January 20, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Thanks, girls! :)

8 Courtney January 20, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Thanks, Melissa! :)

9 Emma January 21, 2011 at 2:47 am

I agree with the girlies! As someone who has recovered from a 10year battle with anorexia, I find this blog a very positive place! Courtney – don’t you change a thing girl! You rock! x
Emma recently posted..4 Things

10 Amy B @ Second City Randomness January 20, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Love those Clif Z bars… went through quite an obsession with them!

And I like getting massages every once in a while. Getting the knots worked out of my back feel AMAZING! Enjoy it!
Amy B @ Second City Randomness recently posted..A Friday of Social

11 Msmandee January 20, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I keep the 911 oatmeal in my desk drawer at work too! It has def saved me a few times.

Speaking of b-fast, I’m either making your pumpkin or pb&j oats tomorrow.. Can’t wait!

12 dena bitel January 20, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I love getting massages several times a year! Hope you enjoyed your wonderful gift. As a regular reader of your blog I enjoy all your posts and think you have an amazing healthy attitude toward food and workouts! As a woman I choose to uplift and promote other women.

13 Courtney January 20, 2011 at 11:04 pm

Thank you, Dena. That means a lot! :)

14 Blog is the New Black January 20, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Enjoy your massage! I love massages and facials- they are SO freshing!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Chicken With Prosciutto and Sage

15 julie @ peanut butter fingers January 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Re: the above comment… please don’t take that to heart. You make healthy decisions and choose to eat healthy foods. Ain’t nothing wrong with that!! And eating the same foods over and over??? Um I eat peanut butter every day and don’t plan on changing that!
julie @ peanut butter fingers recently posted..Return of My Exercise Mojo

16 Charlie January 20, 2011 at 9:57 pm

If peanut butter fingers stops eating peanut butter, my life stops making sense :P.
Charlie recently posted..Refreshing Date &amp Orange Couscous Salad

17 fsugirl! January 20, 2011 at 10:13 pm

hahahah :D Love PBF!

18 Alyssa Kuminski January 20, 2011 at 9:17 pm

That comment above is ridiculous! I eat the same things day after day because I dont want it to go bad! Also if I enjoy it why would I change it!? Don’t let the haters phase you!

Glad you’re feeling better :) I like to go to the Spa about twice a year for a full spa day! and then of course 1-2 times a month for a manicure and pedicure!
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..I scream- You scream

19 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 20, 2011 at 9:29 pm

A massage sounds great right now!!! :D Enjoy it girl! :D

20 Charlie January 20, 2011 at 9:59 pm

It’s been really long since I’ve had cottage cheese… it’s so yummy! I got a gift certificate for a spa this Christmas and I’m going with my boyfriend on spring break!
Charlie recently posted..Refreshing Date &amp Orange Couscous Salad

21 fsugirl! January 20, 2011 at 10:13 pm

have fun! :D

22 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy January 21, 2011 at 12:07 am

Enjoy your massage girl!

Great job for a 3-minute lunch! It’s the worst when I forget to pack/have to randomly throw stuff together in a few minutes. Thank goodness for veggies and hummus. :)

23 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer January 21, 2011 at 12:28 am

Looks like a healthy and delicious day!! Glad you’re feeling better!!! A massage sounds amazing!!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Personal Stylist

24 Kristi January 21, 2011 at 6:59 am

I’ve only treated myself to a massage once… and I loved it! It’s always on that list of things to do, but I just never get there. Maybe one day soon!
Kristi recently posted..The Great Debate

25 Grace January 21, 2011 at 10:05 am

I have facials…but they are not a treat or relaxing. They are the buring kind that keep me from having acne. I would love a massage but just can’t bring myself to pay for one, I’m a poor college student=/ I love Clif Z Bars but have only tried the Chocolate Chip one, I’ll have to give the honey a try!
Grace recently posted..Carb Love

26 Lisa @ healthy diaries January 21, 2011 at 10:07 am

So glad you’re feeling better! :)
Lisa @ healthy diaries recently posted..Morning Abs

27 CaSaundra January 21, 2011 at 10:50 am

I hate when I have to rush around to put a meal together–but yours looks pretty dang good for three mins flat! Glad you’re feeling better! :-)

28 Liz @ IHeartVegetables January 21, 2011 at 11:22 am

Hey girl! I just found your blog :) I packed veggies & hummus for lunch too! It’s like my favorite combo evvva!

I’ve never tried that flavor of cliff Z bars (I usually get the choclatey ones) but I LOVE grahams, so that sounds delish :)

Have a great weekend!

29 Courtney January 22, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Hi Liz!
YES, you must try the honey graham…amazing!!!

30 Leanne (For Health's Sake) January 21, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Cute cute cute! Have a fun massage :)
Leanne (For Health’s Sake) recently posted..Catching up!

31 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 21, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Oooooh enjoy that massage!! I just checked out that interval run and man- after a workout like that, you deserve it!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Five Things

32 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 21, 2011 at 2:49 pm

ahh i love massages!!! you go girl- enjoy it!! and i love your simple lunch.. so many tasty elements- ima have that tomorrow!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Not Just Another Resolutions Post