Thrown Together in Less Than Three

Do you all have superpowers or something?

Because I’m feeling SO MUCH BETTER this afternoon and I’m quite tempted to say it’s from all your wonderful get-well wishes. Winking smile So THANK YOU…I’m on the mend!!

Thanks to my later-than-expected-but-still-super-fun-dinner-out last night, I didn’t end up getting anything prepped for today’s meals. Also unfortunately for me…I didn’t realize it until I opened the fridge this morning. Oops.

So today’s meals were definitely what you’d call a “throw together whatever you can find” kinda deal.

Exhibit A: Breakfast

First, I grabbed the rest of my bag of Kashi Heart to Heart cereal, and threw in another small handful of some of my me & goji Fantastically Festive mix.

Then I paired that with a packet of “in case of emergency” instant oatmeal from my desk at work,

and added in a super-ripe banana. It may not look pretty, but it sure was tasty.

And, of course, the coffee was included in the mix too. It did a fairly good job of holding me over for lunch up until about 45 minutes before…then my stomach was ravenous!

So then it was time to dig into Exhibit B: Lunch

Organized and packed in about 3 minutes flat!

Some mixed veggies + hommus (using the last of my baby carrots bag, which I always do…it saves a baggie!) Winking smile

Half of a grapefruit + about 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese. This is an awesome combo, by the way! I also sprinkled my grapefruit with about 1/2 packet of Truvia for a little sweetness.

And a little dose of my looooove: a Honey Graham Clif Z Bar. I think I could eat one of these every day and be totally ok with it.

Not tooooo shabby, right? I mean, for 3 minutes…I was pleased. Smile

Workout

After work, I came home and decided I was feeling well enough for a little cardio session (YAY!) so I hopped on the treadmill and completed my Insane Incline Run routine. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again: these intervals are no joke!

So now I’m about to head into the kitchen and find something to eat quickly, since I have a hot date tonight…

With a masseuse! I’ve hot an Hour Long Swedish Massage waiting for me in a little while, thanks to the gift certificate that Jay got me for our Anniversary. I definitely like the whole paper anniversary thing! Open-mouthed smile

Maybe if I’m lucky enough, this masseuse will massage any of these leftover sick germs right out of my body! Rolling on the floor laughing

Question for the Evening:

Do you ever treat yourself by getting pampered? Massages? Facials?

Comments

I love that you keep oatmeal packets in your desk! GREAT idea!!

Lucky you, getting a massage! I’d love to have one! I’ll have a facial about once a year, if that! I just find it hard to fit in really! And I’d much rather spend the time running or baking to be honest! :P
    Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Exciting times!

2. Eva says

It is soooo obvious that you have traces of an eating disorder. Being so repetitive in your food choices, over analyzing the foods you eat, and trying to find subs to high cal things thst are high in volume in order for the experience of eating to last longer. Ex: Pb2 on Pb and jelly oats because it makes more Pb for the same cals or less than a smaller scoop of the same thing. It’s sick. Don’t foo yourself

• Melissa says

Huh. What a strange comment. Courtney is looking for healthier subs to high cal or high fat foods . . . doesn’t seem like disordered eating to me. She’s trying to make healthy choices. Aren’t we all??? Eating disorders are very difficult to recover from, but criticism of someone in recovery is about the worst thing you can do. If she’s putting nothing but positivity out there, why would you bother with a negative comment like this?

Courtney, I think you do an amazing job of balancing healthy eats, exercise, & treating yourself, too! Ignore the haters!

3. Msmandee says

I keep the 911 oatmeal in my desk drawer at work too! It has def saved me a few times.

Speaking of b-fast, I’m either making your pumpkin or pb&j oats tomorrow.. Can’t wait!

4. dena bitel says

I love getting massages several times a year! Hope you enjoyed your wonderful gift. As a regular reader of your blog I enjoy all your posts and think you have an amazing healthy attitude toward food and workouts! As a woman I choose to uplift and promote other women.

That comment above is ridiculous! I eat the same things day after day because I dont want it to go bad! Also if I enjoy it why would I change it!? Don’t let the haters phase you!

Glad you’re feeling better :) I like to go to the Spa about twice a year for a full spa day! and then of course 1-2 times a month for a manicure and pedicure!
    Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..I scream- You scream

I have facials…but they are not a treat or relaxing. They are the buring kind that keep me from having acne. I would love a massage but just can’t bring myself to pay for one, I’m a poor college student=/ I love Clif Z Bars but have only tried the Chocolate Chip one, I’ll have to give the honey a try!
    Grace recently posted..Carb Love

Hey girl! I just found your blog :) I packed veggies & hummus for lunch too! It’s like my favorite combo evvva!

I’ve never tried that flavor of cliff Z bars (I usually get the choclatey ones) but I LOVE grahams, so that sounds delish :)

Have a great weekend!

Trackbacks

1. […] Skip to content Skip to content HomeBe a Fashionista!My StoryQ & A'sRecipesWeddingHoneymoon in St. LuciaCourtney & JayGetting ReadyFlowersWedding PartyFamilyCeremonyDecorations & DetailsReceptionRehearsal DinnerWorkout Log30 Minute Speedy Interval Run45 Minute Treadmill Workout30 Minute Calorie Blast30 Minute Interval RunIncline Treadmill Workout ← Thrown Together in Less Than Three […]