Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Almond Buttercream Frosting

by Courtney on January 23, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Frosting – almond buttercream, to be exact. Check out the recipe below!

You’re pretty intrigued by that title, right? Don’t worry…it’s down below!

But first…I think it’s time to get new running sneakers.

I woke up feeling rather energetic and ready for a run, so I dominated the treadmill with a 46 minute, 5 mile run. WOOT WOOT! However, my feet have been extremely sore since finishing the run. After going through my old posts, I realized that the last time I bought myself a new pair of running shoes was April 25th. Oops. Disappointed smile

I really do like the way that these Asics Gel-1140 have held up; they have great arch support and lots of soft cushioning around the sole of the shoe. However, I’m not opposed to trying anything new…SO…

Any recommendations on running shoes out there? I tend to run on the balls of my feet, so I need something that will support that…

After running, I was in the mood for nothing but cereal so I prepped myself a quick bowl:

Multigrain Cheerios + Quaker Oatmeal Squares with vanilla almond milk. It tasted so good, I had to go back for a second bowl of Cheerios. I have a feeling these aren’t going to be around too long…

After eating, I got to work on finishing up the rest of my game-day desserts:

Of COURSE I had to go green…gotta represent my Jets today!!

These are so simple to make, yet so amazingly delicious! It’s just a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, cooked inside a mini muffin tin.

Then you hollow out the centers just a bit before cooking to make room for the frosting. Mmmmm…nothing beats homemade frosting, am I right??

Instead of making a regular vanilla buttercream, I did my favorite switch-a-roo and substituted to make almond buttercream. If you’ve never tried it, please do. It will change your life.

After making a good amount of the cookie cups, I still had some dough leftover, so I got a little creative…

Remember those cookies you saw last night? Well they aren’t just any chocolate chip cookie

They’re candy-bar-filled chocolate chip cookies! Surprised smile

IMG_8013IMG_8015

Specifically, Milky-Way filled chocolate chip cookies. After seeing the idea over on Picky Palate’s site, I became a little obsessed.

It’s a good thing I only made 8 of these cookies…since there’s only 2 left!

It’s almost GAME TIME…we’ll be heading out shortly to go back over to my parents’ house for the big Jets Game. Hopefully it’s as good as last week!!! Open-mouthed smile

1 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 23, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Ohmy, when I saw the chocolate chip cookie cups in the post title, you had me, but the almond buttercream almost made me fall off my chair!! Everything looks SO good! :D
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Happy

2 ashley@quasichick January 23, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Looks amazing!! I need a good cupcake recipe for my daughters bday this weekend, I may give these a try!
ashley@quasichick recently posted..Meal Planning on the Cheap!

3 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl January 23, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Ohmygoodness! Hollowing out the middle of the cupcakes to make way for extra “hidden” frosting is genius! And those cookies?! Drooling…
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Sticking to the List

4 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 23, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Those cookies look awesome!!
I have Brooks stability sneakers, and I really like them.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Tag! You’re It

5 Sam January 23, 2011 at 4:41 pm

If you haven’t been… try Fleet Feet on Wolf. I was fitted for and bought my Mizunos there… and if you don’t like them, I think you can bring them back and try a different pair. They do that whole watch you while you run thing to help you get fitted for your shoes.

6 Courtney January 23, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Yes, I have been to Fleet Feet. That’s actually who recommended my asics to me. I had to run outside in the parking lot and felt pretty silly. :)

7 fsugirl! January 23, 2011 at 5:02 pm

J-E-T-s!! GOOOOOO JETS!!!!! :D

8 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 23, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I saw those cookies over on Picky Palate and was immediately intrigued also! I haven’t tried them yet – I’m waiting for a special occasion. Although if I make these cookies, it would be a special occasion! :)
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Work in Progress

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 23, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Looks delicious! I will make these soon! :D

Go Jets!!!!! :D

10 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 23, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Ugh, colored frosting gets me every time. They look so delicious!! Enjoy ‘em and I hope your Jets win!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Funfetti Fudge Bites

11 Laura January 23, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Those cookie cups look delicious! I think I will need to try those soon.
Laura recently posted..Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Sauce

12 vvvv January 23, 2011 at 6:17 pm

yeah! dessert i love it!!!!!!!!

13 Cynthia (It All Changes) January 23, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I love my Asics Foundations…but I’m severe over pronator. I had to get wide width this time because they changed the model and they were narrow and hurt my feet.

14 Megan January 23, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Looking forward to seeing your Jets against the Packers!! Yay! So glad the Packers game is over and I know for sure they are going to the Superbowl!

15 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun January 23, 2011 at 7:13 pm

You have just sent my sweet tooth out of control!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..Self-Love Reflections- Gifts of the Body

16 Blog is the New Black January 23, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Awesome job on your choc chip cupcakes! And those candy bar cookies… oh my!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..What The!

17 Stephanie @cookinfanatic January 23, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I am seriously drooling over those cookie cups!!!!! These definitely solve my problem of not liking a thin chocolate chip cookie – put it in a muffin cup – genius!
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Can You Really Go Wrong

18 Grace January 23, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I think I have to make those little babies!
Grace recently posted..At the Copa…Copacabana

19 Amy January 23, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Runner’s world online also has a good tool that can help you. you can search the internet for some good deals if you want the exact same shoe!!

Those cookies look amazing!! I want to eat them now ;-)

20 Charlie January 23, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Now I want cookies! And it is your fault :P.
Charlie recently posted..Fitness Friday- My First Yoga Class

21 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer January 24, 2011 at 12:00 am

Wow oh wow!!! Those cookies looks amazing!!!!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Wrap it up

22 Allison January 24, 2011 at 5:45 am

Wow – those cookie cups look incredible! I’m definitely trying them this week :)

I love running shoes – just picked up a new pair at Nordstrom Rack myself!

23 Lisa @ Healthy Diaries January 24, 2011 at 8:20 am

YUM! After coconut, almond is my next favorite flavor! I will keep the almond buttercream in mind the next time I bake!
P.S. I feel your pain. My team, the Bears, lost last night as well. :(

24 Val @ Balancing Val January 24, 2011 at 8:20 am

These look great!

Loving this blog . . . Off to snoop around ;)
Val @ Balancing Val recently posted..Down Again

25 Victoria (District Chocoholic) January 24, 2011 at 8:23 am

Candy bars wrapped in chocolate chip cookies is a life necessity.

26 Lindsay Cotter January 24, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I bet the green frosting brought good luck and charm! :)
What a great and fun recipe. And the frosting is the best part.
LC
Lindsay Cotter recently posted..Spice my Life

27 Marcie January 24, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Those cupcakes look amazing!

I was an asics girl until I tried Mizunos. They are so comfortable… and hot pink.

I highly recommend.

28 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 24, 2011 at 1:08 pm

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMGOGMOGMGOGMOGMOGMGOMGOGOGMGLIKE LEGIT.. that looks SO FREAKING GOOD WITH THAT FROSTING!! i WANT TO TAKE ONE OFF THE SCREEEN!!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..The Big Carb Debate…

29 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 24, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Ooooooh my gosh. Those cookie cups look so, so, so, so good. Buttercream is the stuff dreams are made of :)
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Food Staples

30 Kelly January 24, 2011 at 4:34 pm

Yum! These sweet treats look amazing!!!

31 Cara January 24, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Those candy bar filled cookies look AMAZING! Those are absolutely on my to-make list for the week!
Asics -Gel Cumulus 12 are my current running shoes and I love them!

32 Sarah January 24, 2011 at 9:52 pm

ahhh almond buttercream sounds AAMMZZIINNGGG i cant believe i never thought to do that! And those cookie cups AND the candy bar cookies.. i need to bake cookies NOW!
Sarah recently posted..All the same

33 CaSaundra January 25, 2011 at 9:14 am

You know me–anything that resembles a cupcake and I’m swooning! These turned out so cute too. I will have to give the almond milk frosting a try soon :-)

34 Rhondi March 1, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Oh yum! What a great idea to use almond frosting on chocolate chip cookies. I love how you used mini muffin pans too! Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite! I’m visiting from SFAS. I wish I could run 5 miles…maybe some day!
Rhondi recently posted..Pineapple Lime Sherbet

35 amy March 2, 2011 at 2:24 am

Beautiful frosting and cookies!!! Love there are so many chocolate chips in each cupcake! :)

I’m hosting the Culinary Smackdown Battle for March–the theme is Cookies. Would you like to join in for the fun? It doesn’ have to be a new post on your blog. You can pick your favorite cookie from your previous post too. All you have to do is link up your cookie creation. I have some great prizes waiting. Hope to see your entry soon!

Amy
amy recently posted..Culinary Smackdown Battle—Cookies

36 Lisa @ Sweet as Sugar Cookies March 3, 2011 at 4:53 am

Oh my gosh, these all look sensational! It’s almost midnight and I’m getting hungry again just looking at these. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.
Lisa @ Sweet as Sugar Cookies recently posted..No-Knead Bread

37 Kristen March 3, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I just read your post on fannetastic food, and I saw these. They look SO delicious! I also have a MAJOR sweet tooth. Im glad I found your blog! haha

38 Kristen March 3, 2011 at 2:18 pm

haha sorry I meant I’m an Okie’s blog
Kristen recently posted..More Choices With More Premium Themes

39 Courtney March 3, 2011 at 10:16 pm

I’m glad you found me too! Welcome, Kristen! :)

40 (what runs) Lori March 8, 2011 at 3:57 pm

These look absolutely incredible! I LOVE them. Super fun with the green frosting too!

41 Doreen May 17, 2011 at 4:16 pm

I love my Mizuno Wave Riders – had 2 pair now. And I foudn this by searching for buttercream filled cookie cups! I am going to make these for a friends bake sale to raise money for her Susan G. Komen 3 day 60 mile breast cancer walk! Pink frosting, individually boxed with red/white bakers twine!

They look perfect!
Thank you!

42 Lisa@Healthy Diaries June 15, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Hi Courtney! Could you please tell me how many cookie cups I’d get from one recipe? I’m going to make these this weekend for a birthday party.

Thanks so much! :)
Lisa@Healthy Diaries recently posted..Do you take care of your skin

43 Courtney June 15, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Oh gosh…I *think* you’ll get about 48, but I don’t have my original recipe here with me. I’m sorry!

44 Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut December 2, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Yummy yummy! These are on my Friday Five Foodie Finds this week! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Amanda @ Semi-Health Nut recently posted..{Friday Five Foodie Finds} #9 Sweets, Left-overs trick and Veggies