Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Almond Buttercream Frosting

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Frosting – almond buttercream, to be exact. Check out the recipe below!

You’re pretty intrigued by that title, right? Don’t worry…it’s down below!

But first…I think it’s time to get new running sneakers.

I woke up feeling rather energetic and ready for a run, so I dominated the treadmill with a 46 minute, 5 mile run. WOOT WOOT! However, my feet have been extremely sore since finishing the run. After going through my old posts, I realized that the last time I bought myself a new pair of running shoes was April 25th. Oops. Disappointed smile

I really do like the way that these Asics Gel-1140 have held up; they have great arch support and lots of soft cushioning around the sole of the shoe. However, I’m not opposed to trying anything new…SO…

Any recommendations on running shoes out there? I tend to run on the balls of my feet, so I need something that will support that…

After running, I was in the mood for nothing but cereal so I prepped myself a quick bowl:

Multigrain Cheerios + Quaker Oatmeal Squares with vanilla almond milk. It tasted so good, I had to go back for a second bowl of Cheerios. I have a feeling these aren’t going to be around too long…

After eating, I got to work on finishing up the rest of my game-day desserts:

Of COURSE I had to go green…gotta represent my Jets today!!

These are so simple to make, yet so amazingly delicious! It’s just a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, cooked inside a mini muffin tin.

Then you hollow out the centers just a bit before cooking to make room for the frosting. Mmmmm…nothing beats homemade frosting, am I right??

Instead of making a regular vanilla buttercream, I did my favorite switch-a-roo and substituted to make almond buttercream. If you’ve never tried it, please do. It will change your life.

After making a good amount of the cookie cups, I still had some dough leftover, so I got a little creative…

Remember those cookies you saw last night? Well they aren’t just any chocolate chip cookie

They’re candy-bar-filled chocolate chip cookies! Surprised smile

IMG_8013IMG_8015

Specifically, Milky-Way filled chocolate chip cookies. After seeing the idea over on Picky Palate’s site, I became a little obsessed.

It’s a good thing I only made 8 of these cookies…since there’s only 2 left!

It’s almost GAME TIME…we’ll be heading out shortly to go back over to my parents’ house for the big Jets Game. Hopefully it’s as good as last week!!! Open-mouthed smile

Comments

1. Sam says

If you haven’t been… try Fleet Feet on Wolf. I was fitted for and bought my Mizunos there… and if you don’t like them, I think you can bring them back and try a different pair. They do that whole watch you while you run thing to help you get fitted for your shoes.

• Courtney says

Yes, I have been to Fleet Feet. That’s actually who recommended my asics to me. I had to run outside in the parking lot and felt pretty silly. :)

2. Megan says

Looking forward to seeing your Jets against the Packers!! Yay! So glad the Packers game is over and I know for sure they are going to the Superbowl!

Runner’s world online also has a good tool that can help you. you can search the internet for some good deals if you want the exact same shoe!!

Those cookies look amazing!! I want to eat them now ;-)

Wow – those cookie cups look incredible! I’m definitely trying them this week :)

I love running shoes – just picked up a new pair at Nordstrom Rack myself!

5. Marcie says

Those cupcakes look amazing!

I was an asics girl until I tried Mizunos. They are so comfortable… and hot pink.

I highly recommend.

Those candy bar filled cookies look AMAZING! Those are absolutely on my to-make list for the week!
    Asics -Gel Cumulus 12 are my current running shoes and I love them!

ahhh almond buttercream sounds AAMMZZIINNGGG i cant believe i never thought to do that! And those cookie cups AND the candy bar cookies.. i need to bake cookies NOW!
    Sarah recently posted..All the same

Oh yum! What a great idea to use almond frosting on chocolate chip cookies. I love how you used mini muffin pans too! Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite! I’m visiting from SFAS. I wish I could run 5 miles…maybe some day!
    Rhondi recently posted..Pineapple Lime Sherbet

Beautiful frosting and cookies!!! Love there are so many chocolate chips in each cupcake! :)

I’m hosting the Culinary Smackdown Battle for March–the theme is Cookies. Would you like to join in for the fun? It doesn’ have to be a new post on your blog. You can pick your favorite cookie from your previous post too. All you have to do is link up your cookie creation. I have some great prizes waiting. Hope to see your entry soon!

Amy
    amy recently posted..Culinary Smackdown Battle—Cookies

I just read your post on fannetastic food, and I saw these. They look SO delicious! I also have a MAJOR sweet tooth. Im glad I found your blog! haha

11. Doreen says

I love my Mizuno Wave Riders – had 2 pair now. And I foudn this by searching for buttercream filled cookie cups! I am going to make these for a friends bake sale to raise money for her Susan G. Komen 3 day 60 mile breast cancer walk! Pink frosting, individually boxed with red/white bakers twine!

They look perfect!
    Thank you!

• Courtney says

Oh gosh…I *think* you’ll get about 48, but I don’t have my original recipe here with me. I’m sorry!

Trackbacks

1. […] Skip to content Skip to content HomeBe a Fashionista!My StoryQ & A'sRecipesBreads/MuffinsCookies/Cookie BarsCupcakes & FrostingsPies/Truffles/Candies/CrispsWeddingHoneymoon in St. LuciaCourtney & JayGetting ReadyFlowersWedding PartyFamilyCeremonyDecorations & DetailsReceptionRehearsal DinnerWorkout Log30 Minute Speedy Interval Run45 Minute Treadmill Workout30 Minute Calorie Blast30 Minute Interval RunIncline Treadmill Workout ← Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Almond Buttercream Frosting […]