Guess What I Found Out Today?

by Courtney on January 24, 2011

Well, yesterday was a bit of a bummer…

Unfortunately, my Jets didn’t win their game last night, but I was at least happy to see them put up a good fight. The beginning of the game was lookin’ iffy!

Fortunately, I was in good company, with plenty of good food to go ‘round…

IMG_8027IMG_8029

(FYI: One positive thing about snow? It acts as a fantastic substitute for ice in the cooler! Winking smile)

IMG_8030IMG_8032

Unfortunately, I proceeded to drown my sorrows in way too many chocolate chip cookie cups. Ooooof. Embarrassed smile

I went to bed feeling pretty stuffed and gross, but since I didn’t get into bed until late, I decided an early morning workout was probably out of the question. I did, however, decide to start it out on the right foot with a simple and healthy breakfast!

All stacked up and ready for consumption. Winking smile

Using my new cereal container, I packed up some Multigrain Cheerios + granola…

and mixed it up with a vanilla Chobani and about 1/2 a container of blueberries.

Along with my coffee, it was deeeeeeLISH! (<— Fun fact: Jay can’t stand when I say this!) Rolling on the floor laughing

Lunch

Lucky me had the pleasure of enjoying lunch at home today. Ohhh, it’s the little things. Smile

I kept it simple with some baby carrots + grape tomatoes,

along with the rest of my leftover Pasta Fagioli.

IMG_8048IMG_8050

A slice of Italian bread and a handful of Kashi crackers also went undocumented.

So do you guys wanna know why I was able to enjoy lunch from home today???

Well, I had a doc appointment this afternoon to get allergy tested.

This was my first time ever being tested, and guess what…

IMG_8052IMG_8053

Turns out, I’m full of allergies! Disappointed smile

Apparently, I’m allergic to a lot of things, but some of my worst offenders are grass, mold, dogs…and my number one allergy?…

IMG_8054-1

CATS Sad smile

Awwww Cody! At least he knows there’s no way we’re gettin’ rid of him…I guess I’ll just have to keep taking my allergy meds.

Workout

After my appointment, I did a simple workout of my 45 minute Interval Treadmill Walk + 20 minutes of Abs. My legs are feeling pretty tight from yesterday’s run, so today’s workout really hit the spot.

Dinner

Check it out!

I cooked!!!!

Granted, it wasn’t anything crazy, but I’ve been getting pretty antsy with not being able to do anything.

I picked up some tilapia filets at the grocery store yesterday, and put together this simple dish.

I served up our tilapia with some steamed sugar snap peas. I loooove me some sugar snap peas!!

Now I’m thinking that a nice mug of tea and one cookie will be a perfect dessert for tonight while Jay and I do some more work in the kitchen…

Things are alllllmost done!!!!

Question for the Evening:

Do you like eating fish? If so, what’s your favorite?

1 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 24, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Oh my goodness – I can’t believe you’re allergic to Cody! I’m happy to hear that you’ll be keeping him, though!

Also, thanks for sharing the tilapia recipe. I’m always looking for new fish recipes (my husband LOVES fish), so this is super helpful.

2 Heather January 24, 2011 at 8:06 pm

I was allergy tested in the first grade.

in the first grade your arms are not large enough for all those needles.
so they put them in your back.
but they don’t put them in your back at once.
I’m pretty sure i had to go for five different sessions.

not a fan. not a fan.

p.s. i miss you. let’s play, soon!
Heather recently posted..The Lonely Files- Part 4

3 Courtney January 24, 2011 at 9:55 pm

YES, I agree…my kitchen is almost DONE! Then we’re having our pizza dinner date :)

4 BLog is the New Black January 24, 2011 at 8:06 pm

OMG, your poor arm!!! Sorry, girl. I WANT to love fish… but I can’t get past the smell!
BLog is the New Black recently posted..What The!

5 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 24, 2011 at 8:08 pm

The tilapia looks fantastic! I haven’t had tilapia in awhile because I was getting bored with it, but this recipe looks like a great way to mix it up!

Sorry to hear you are allergic to cats. :( But I’m happy that Cody is here to stay. ;)

6 Charlie January 24, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I don’t eat fish anymore (vegetarian), but my favorite is salmon ;). My grandmother makes a delicious salmon tartar… probably wouldn’t be able to pass if she made it.
Charlie recently posted..Tiramisu

7 Erica January 24, 2011 at 8:10 pm

i love salmon! my favorite fish!

i got allergy tested—along w/allergy shots every 5weeks (culprits include dust, mold, eucalyptus, down feathers–i still use a down pillow, i can’t help it!, and DOGS!–i could never give up my puppy…i just had my dosag upped!)
Erica recently posted..it’s that time again…

8 Sarah January 24, 2011 at 8:11 pm

You should try allergy shots… I was highly allergic to grass/pollen, etc, and after a round of shots I’ve been symptom free for years (no meds needed either!) :)

9 Molly Carter January 24, 2011 at 8:11 pm

We live on the Gulf of Mexico and eat seafood all the time! Grouper and snapper are my favorites, but I love fresh shrimp, too.
Molly Carter recently posted..Bundle of Joy

10 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl January 24, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Ah! The sight of your arm made me cringe! The only time they ever tested me for anything, they just took a big vat of my blood and tested it somewhere else…and called me a week later.

Love the fish recipe!!! I’m always looking for creative ways to use it since we seem to have a bag of the stuff on hand at all times :)
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Journey to Happiness

11 Heather T January 24, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Yikes!! Your poor arms!! :(

12 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews January 24, 2011 at 8:27 pm

What a great idea to use snow to cool your drinks!! Wow those allergies look horrible. I hope that reaction went away quick.
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..Turkish Towel Company Review-Giveaway

13 Stephanie @cookinfanatic January 24, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I love fresh rockfish!! Baked at high heat with a little olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and lemon – oh my! Ugh sorry about the loss last night, I was really rooting for the Jets to be up against our Packers :/
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..1 of 2011

14 Jaclyn January 24, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Oh my gosh, your arm!! Yikes!
I’m really interested in getting that done as well, did you just get it from your normal doc or did you go to a specialist? I’d love your advice or recommendations! THanks!
Jaclyn recently posted..Mojito on a Sunday night

15 Karen January 24, 2011 at 8:56 pm

So sorry you are allergic to your cat! I think my girls are allergic to our cat too : ( and I really don’t want to get rid of him.

That tilapia looks amazing!!
Karen recently posted..Crazy Busy

16 Amanda January 24, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Love fish! I often feel like it’s something I can’t make well myself though, especially tuna which I really love (something about doing the rare thing at home..). I LOVE this one tilapia recipe: http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/main-courses/panko-and-parmesan-tilapia/

17 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) January 24, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I’m allergic to cats too. And I love them. :(
I love all types of fish. I haven’t met one that I don’t like.
Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) recently posted..1406

18 Stefanie January 24, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I’ve never been tested for allergies–and I don’t think I want to! Eek!

Those cookie cups seriously look bomb! Bomb dot com that is! ;)

19 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. January 24, 2011 at 9:38 pm

I was so upset that the Jets lost! I really had so much hope……
Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. recently posted..Preparing for the Final Return

20 Jennie @ Designed to be Fit January 24, 2011 at 9:38 pm

The only fish I can eat is tilapia, and it has to be in very small bites. I cannot stand seafood (which is funny, because I worked at Red Lobster…)

21 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl January 24, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Oh my goodness! Allergy testing does not look like fun at all! I’m glad that you got some answers, but so sorry that you are allergic to your kitty!

GREAT idea with the snow in the coolers! Genius!
Autumn @ Good Eats Girl recently posted..A relaxing Sunday…

22 Sana January 24, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Oh my goodnesss! I hope your meds help!

23 Alyssa Kuminski January 24, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I’ve never been allergy tested but i’m sure I should!

Those chocolate chip cookie cups look amazing!! I was rooting for your jets… They were just not cutting it first half!
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Sexy in Safeway

24 Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds January 24, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Wow! Those are a lot of allergies! I remember I had that test when I was a kid… & I bawled my eyes out! Results showed I am allergic of dogs… but I refuse to believe it :)
Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds recently posted..I’m Too Sexy For My Auntie!

25 Stephanie @ The Travelling Tastebuds January 24, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Wow… that is so cool that your comments post the latest blog posts. What plugin is that?

26 Courtney January 25, 2011 at 8:09 am

CommentLuv

27 ashley@quasichick January 24, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Poor you, that is some serious allergies. My youngest has allergies and eczema. She is 3YO and when she gets itchy she tells everyone “my eczema is itching”
ashley@quasichick recently posted..The Weekly 411

28 Courtney January 25, 2011 at 8:08 am

LOL…awww, that’s too cute!

29 Tina January 24, 2011 at 11:02 pm

You poor thing! I’m so sorry about the allergies! They can be very frusting! It shows how much you love your cat though!
Tina recently posted..Movie Munchies

30 Sarah Lynn January 24, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Aww I’m so sorry to hear about your allergies :(

Good for you for keeping Cody… Just vaccuum more and brush him a lot and take those meds and wash your hands after touching him and everything will be just fine!

I love your blog, don’t know that I’ve ever commented…

Take care :)
Sarah Lynn recently posted..Muse

31 Courtney January 25, 2011 at 8:08 am

Thank you, Sarah Lynn! I always love hearing from my readers. :)

32 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 25, 2011 at 12:02 am

I hate getting allergy tested- it always hurts! Hope your meds work okay!
& I like salmon:)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Tag! You’re It

33 Jessica Lee January 25, 2011 at 12:33 am

I say delish all the time!! Haha.

The Bears lost yesterday too – it’s for the best. We would have been crushed by either Jets or Steelers.

I am allergic to cats too!! I feel like a lot of people are…
Jessica Lee recently posted..good intentions

34 CaSaundra January 25, 2011 at 9:12 am

At least it’s not an intolerable allergy–just don’t tell Cody or he might be sad :-(

35 Karen January 25, 2011 at 10:01 am

I hear ya on being bummed about the Jets. I am a Bears fan so it was a let down because I was looking forward to a Bears-Jets Super Bowl…oh well, maybe next year.

36 Gabby January 25, 2011 at 11:26 am

Did you get that tilapia recipe from the Price Chopper flyer? I made the same thing on Sunday!!! It was delish I will completely agree!

37 Holly January 25, 2011 at 11:56 am

Aww Court, that sucks :( I knew you said before that you were allergic to him, but I didn’t realize it was that bad.
Craig is HIGHLY allergic to cats, and non-hypoallergenic dogs….& it REALLY sucks..bad. I had to give up my 2 cats & golden retriver when we decided to move in together. It was one of THE hardest decisions of my life. Thank goodness they are in good homes- my sister has my 2 cats & a friend has my Golden. (her name was pancake :D )
I hope your allergy medication gives you much relief!
Oh, and I was TOTALLY pulling for the Jets. Have decided to boycott the Superbowl..well, I really do want the Packers to win, I do like them :) , but I cannot STAND to even hear one thing about the Steelers….or Ben…EW!
Holly recently posted..Cheesy Pierogie Casserole

38 Michelle January 25, 2011 at 12:45 pm

I LOVE fish! Haddock is my favorite, we ate it a lot growing up. I also really like tilapia, but my husband does not. I’ll have to try this recipe!
Michelle recently posted..Speed and how to get it

39 Alexis January 25, 2011 at 3:16 pm

oh my goodness, i have never seen allergy tests done, that looks terrifying. Sugar snap peas look delish, though. They’re my fave!
Alexis recently posted..best news ever