They’re Baaaaack

by Courtney on January 27, 2011

Whew! I am so glad that we missed out on this latest snow storm. We’ve already got snow piles up to wazoo, and adding anything else would just not be cool with me.

Sorry Mother Nature…and sorry to all my friends out there who got slammed. Disappointed smile

Workout

It was another close call this morning, as to whether or not I was actually going to get my rear end out of bed and get moving. (I really need to get to bed sooner so I’m not so tired in the morning.) BUT, I still managed to make it up for a really great treadmill session. I brought back an old favorite with the 30 Minute Calorie Blast, and I’m so glad I did…it’s a GOOD one!

Breakfast

Hellooooo PB + B +B. Oh how I love you.

Don’t worry Mug-o-Joe, I couldn’t forget about you either. Winking smile

Lunch

I know I’ve said it before, but I could easily eat breakfast three times a day for the rest of my life and be totally okay with it. There’s just something about breakfast foods that makes me smile. Open-mouthed smile

So guess who was smilin’ at lunch today?!?

MEEEEE! I did the ‘ol meal flip-flop and had myself some one fantastic bowl of oats…

Apple Cinnamon Raisin Oats

In the mix:

• 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp plain Chobani greek yogurt
  • 1/2 an apple, chopped
  • Raisins
  • Cinnamon & Nutmeg

This easily could have been enjoyed as Overnight Oats, but I was craving something warm. It was a good choice.

And you want to know what else was a good choice? Buying a box of Kashi Go Lean Crisp cereal. It toooootally rocks my socks and was delicious on my oats.

On the side, I snacked on some baby carrots and the rest of my apple.

YUM! Smile with tongue out

As soon as I got home from work, I had to work quick on finishing up a batch of cupcakes for some lucky peeps…

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes are BACK!

And it was sooo hard not to eat one. Could YOU resist that??

But luckily, I have good reason not to spoil my appetite…Jay and I have plans to meet with Sarah and Jeff again for another Double Date Night tonight! Open-mouthed smile

Time for some 2 for 1 wine and $5.00 pizzas!

Question for the Evening:

Do you ever flip-flop meals (breakfast for lunch, dinner for breakfast…)?

1 Leanne (For Health's Sake) January 27, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I love having breakfast for supper! It’s a nice change :) it doesn’t happen very often though, which might have to change!

I’ve also been known to have a piece of chicken for breaky tho…. lol!

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 27, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Those cupcakes look faaaaaaaabulous! Have fun on your date night! :)
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Work in Progress

3 Lisa @ Healthy Diaries January 27, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Not as often as I’d like! I love having eggs for dinner as well as pancakes or waffles!
P.S. Your cupcakes looks delicious!!
Lisa @ Healthy Diaries recently posted..I feel like a Zombie!

4 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 27, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I totally wouldn’t have been able to resist! I literally have no self control…especially when cookie dough is involved! ;) Seriously, those are some lucky people who are getting those!!

Enjoy your double date night!! Sounds fun! :D
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..GIVEAWAY WINNER and a failed challenge

5 Hope January 27, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I am obsessed with Kashi Go Lean Berry Crisp! I have been eating it almost every single day for about a month and a half! Haha! I cannot get enough of it. It’s so addicting!!! Love it!

Those cupcakes look incredible. I printed out the recipe the first time you made them and I still have yet to bake them. I am dying to make them. Perhaps this weekend? They look way too good to pass up! :)

Have fun tonight!

6 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer January 27, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I am loving Kashi Cereal in general right now!!! Like you, I could absolutely eat breakfast for every meal!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Breakfast is my BFF

7 Erica January 27, 2011 at 6:37 pm

breakfast for dinner is my favorite!!
Erica recently posted..it’s that time again…

8 Charlie January 27, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Last week I had french toast for dinner. 2 times. Yummy :).

9 Stefanie January 27, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I love flip-flopping meals! Especially breakfast for dinner! :)

10 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) January 27, 2011 at 8:06 pm

I actually don’t flip meals very often…I’m too programmed. :)
Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) recently posted..1388… Stuffed Shells

11 Stacie January 27, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I really need to make those chocolate chip cupcakes…like now!
Stacie recently posted..Way to guilt trip me

12 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 27, 2011 at 9:09 pm

I need to eat oats for lunch/dinner more often. I kind of drooled a little while looking at your lunch.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fired up

13 Alyssa Kuminski January 27, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I could eat breakfast for EVERY meal… or those cupcakes :)
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Challenge

14 Grace January 27, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Your cupcakes look auh-mazing! I flip flop meals all the time. You can pretty much find me eating a bagel and eggs at anytime of day=)
Grace recently posted..Tempted

15 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 27, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Can I have a cupcake? Pleaseeeeee. ;)

16 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine January 28, 2011 at 8:44 am

I love eating oats for lunch or dinner!! I think they make the BEST recovery food after a long run. You can load ‘em up with good stuff and they’re SO filling!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..The Best Birthday Non-Cake

17 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) January 28, 2011 at 10:17 am

breakfast for every meal PLEASE!! oats, pancakes, yogurt messes ANYTHIGN i will take it.. i have the biggest sweet tooth!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..The Big Carb Debate…

18 amy January 28, 2011 at 3:05 pm

I eat eggs and toast for dinner alot. I love eggs and oatmeal too

19 CaSaundra January 30, 2011 at 9:03 am

The chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes look stunning..but then again, all of your cupcakes do! Cheers to cupcake fanatics!! ;-)