Well That Was Embarrassing

Thank goodness today was Friday!

After having a little bit of fun last night at our Double Date Night, we’ll just say I woke up feeling a little, well…let’s just call it tired. I almost felt like I was channeling my inner Jack Black from School of Rock

source

You all know which part I’m talkin’ about, right? Winking smile

So needless to say, after waking up a bit later, and moving around a bit slower, I was running just a bit behind schedule. We’re currently out of oats (the HORROR!) and I had no time to prep anything else, so I figured I’d grab something on my way in to work. Luckily, today is Coffee Friday, so I was already swingin’ by Dunkin’ Donuts.

I can’t tell you how badly I wanted about 5 donuts in my hands right then and there…

But I successfully turned a blind eye and went ahead and ordered my coffee (skim milk only) + an egg white and cheese sandwich on a toasted wheat bagel.

Oops, got a little hungry. Winking smile

And once I got to work, it was time to create my new favorite Coffee Friday beverage: Hot Cocoa Coffee, by simply adding a packet of no sugar added hot cocoa mix. It’s sooooo tasty!

IMG_8124IMG_8123

Shortly after my students started arriving, I was greeted with quite a “fun” surprise, which you may have already seen if you follow me on Twitter

Oh yes.

I walked out of the house this morning wearing this casual outfit for dress down Friday.

As soon as one of my students came walking in and said, “Oh my gosh, Mrs. Horan we match!”…I knew I was in trouble.

And sure enough, while it wasn’t the exact same shirt, we were both sporting the grey & black stripes, jeans, and black UGGS. Oh yes, and let’s not forget, the same hairstyle too, which the rest of the class proceeded to notice. Yep…I had myself a mini-me!

IMG_8138twin

Oh, funny stuff, funny stuff. I really could only laugh about it; in the grand scheme of things, I could think of about a gazillion other things that could be worse. But, just for fun, let’s go ahead and call this, “Fashion Friday: The Embarrassment Edition.”

Lunch

Remember that whole running late thing this morning? Yeah…when that happens, lunch looks a little something like this:

A whole mix of goodies!

Loooooving this Kashi Go Lean Crisp cereal!

And another true love of mine: Clif Z Bars.

Now I’m headed back out to run a list of errands that is a mile long. Surprised smile I’m hoping, however, I’ll be able to get most of them done in about 4 stops. Fingers crossed!

Hope you’re all having a Fantastic Friday!

IMG_8141-1

Question for the Day:

What was your latest fashion embarrassment?

Comments

Hahha love it :) Well, as you said, things could be a lot worse so if that’s the worst of your problems today – wearing the same thing as a student – then you probably don’t have that much to worry about 😉

Glad you had “fun” last night.. ahhaha we all know how that is – actually that was my night last night too after a few too many drinks and food with my dad and friends.. but ya know w/e it’s all fun, *after waking up and getting going this morning, ha!*

Happy Friday! Good luck with your errand list!
    Jaclyn recently posted..Hot Yoga- Frozen Yogurt

It’s a cute outfit so your student was really fashionable.

My latest fashion blunder was wearing a summer dress with tights and the static started inching the skirt part higher and higher. I had to pull it down quick or show my butt to the grocery store.

That is too funny! At least you know you’re on point when it comes to the latest trends. :)
    My last embarassment came from trying out bangs that don’t just sweet across my head. Let’s just say Sandra Bullock can even pull it off better than I can. Once I saw the pictures from that night, I decided to never ever do it again…. lol
    Amy B @ Second City Randomness recently posted..An Amy Day

4. fsugirl! says

Dang! Your student has good fashion sense! 😀 Also soooo weird I was wearing that too, except it was a black V neck instead of your cut stripey shirt! 😀

Just take it as a sign that you’re still cool. :)

Im not fashionable, so I dont have many fashion embarassments. HOWEVER, when I was in high school, I ripped my jeans trying to get onto my horse from the ground (stupid move). Like, ripped them from my inner thigh all the way up and around to my butt. My barn was a 10 minute walk from my house, and I had to walk home like that. Through my neighborhood, in bright yellow underwear. It was awful.

I wore an outfit really similar to that the other day! :)

When I was at the doctor’s office today I realized I had something ALL over my jacket (I have no idea what it was) and I was walking around like that for a few hours! Not necessarily a fashion embarrassment–but it sure was embarrassing!

7. Kaitlyn says

Due to my crazy back-to-back classes I scheduled this spring, my lunches have been looking almost exactly like this lately, all packed up in a lunch bag to go!

I coudnt agree more about the Cliff Kids Z Bars. They are my absolute favoriteeee.

Also, I tried the 30 minute calorie blast treadmill workout you posted yesterday! Helped get me out of an elliptical rut, thanks! Those 7.5mph @ 5 incline are no joke! I usually don’t sweat much (it’s weird) but after that one, I was dripping!!
    :]
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Love your story! A little while ago, my husband and I got last minute tickets to a Celtics game. It was rainy that day so I was wearing my bright red Wellies. I work for an after school program and high school kids work for us, and one of them had to lend me her cuter brown boots to wear! Embarrassing!
    Michelle recently posted..Vanilla Cinnamon Pancakes

Trackbacks

1. […] Dunkin Donuts this morning. Specifically, a decaf coffee mixed with half a packet of hot cocoa (an old favorite!). I have a DD’s on my way to work, but I had to make sure I gave myself a few extra minutes […]