It Ended With A Bang

by Courtney on January 30, 2011

Well, Birthday “Week” is officially over.

But it sure did end with a bang!!

And really, I am so lucky.

Lucky to have such a great group of awesome friends.

IMG_8157IMG_8167

Lucky to have a house I can entertain everyone…goofiness and all. Winking smile

Lucky to have an absolutely hilarious “little” brother…

who we’ve now labeled the “Garbage Bread King.” (BBQ chicken & pineapple garbage bread?!? YES PLEASE!)

Lucky to have such amazingly close girlfriends,

who will always be willing to share their equally awesome snacks when party-time calls.

I’m lucky to have an amazing husband, who helped SO MUCH in preparing for my Luau Birthday party. Smile

And of course, I’m always lucky for having this little guy…skittish as he was last night!

But I’m also lucky to have two fantastic parents (who both claim only I am getting older…not them)…one of which is a rock star in the baking department.

Sorry, Dad. Only if we’re talkin’ pancakes or waffles for you. Winking smile

I’m beyond lucky to have a Mom who knows how to rock my socks with an amazing birthday cake!

“Happy Birthday to meeeee…”

Take a look at THIS:

At my request, mom pulled through with a raspberry swirl cake, filled with chocolate raspberry buttercream and topped with my favorite almond buttercream frosting.

Heaven.

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who came over to help me celebrate!!!

So now, while my guests are still sleeping, I think I may have to go snag myself a piece of birthday cake…

Birthday cake for breakfast is totally acceptable on your birthday, right???? Winking smile

1 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) January 30, 2011 at 10:10 am

OH MY GOODNESS that cake looks AMAZING! Your mom is an awesome baker!! I’m hoping my slice is jetting its way across the Atlantic right now, right? ;)

Looks like you had an amazing night, and you look gorgeous as always! Happy Birthday again Courtney!! :D

2 Tina January 30, 2011 at 10:10 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The party looks like such a blast! And clearly, you take after your mom in the baking department! :)
Tina recently posted..Pure Bar Review

3 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 30, 2011 at 10:11 am

COMPLETELY acceptable breakfast :) especially when there’s fruit in the cake! ;)
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Funfetti Oatmeal

4 Lindsey @ Eat, Read, Run January 30, 2011 at 10:11 am

Looks like an awesome party! Tons of fun. Sounds like a fun and fabulous birthday week!

5 Jen January 30, 2011 at 10:13 am

Happy Birthday!!

6 Sarah January 30, 2011 at 10:15 am

Happy Birthday!
That is quite a cake! Looks and sounds delicious i’m still waiting to try out the almond buttercream!
Sarah recently posted..NEW CLOTHES

7 Emily January 30, 2011 at 10:23 am

I’m drooling at my computer right now. That cake looks AMAZING!
happy birthday girly <3
Emily recently posted..A Quick Update

8 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 30, 2011 at 10:30 am

Can your mom make my cake for my 21st birthday? ;) Looks like a lot of fun!

9 Rick January 30, 2011 at 10:39 am

Happy Birthday – maybe BD month next year?

10 Christine January 30, 2011 at 10:57 am

Can we convince your mom to share her recipe??

Happy Birthday!

11 Holly January 30, 2011 at 10:59 am

OMG- that cake looks AWESOME! Your Mom is quite talented!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :D :D I hope the fun continues into today!
Holly recently posted..Forgive Me Food

12 Natalia@ The Health Script January 30, 2011 at 11:34 am

Not only is eating birthday cake for breakfast totally acceptable, it’s REQUIRED!
Happy Birthday, Courtney!!
Natalia@ The Health Script recently posted..Dogs Dogs Dogs

13 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy January 30, 2011 at 11:43 am

Aww, this was such a great post! Happy Birthday doll!! I’m so glad you had a great birthday week!! :)

14 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) January 30, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Wow…check out that cake!!! You mom did a great job! Happy Birthday!
Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) recently posted..1388… Stuffed Shells

15 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer January 30, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Happy Birthday!!! The party looks like a lot of fun and you are gorgeous as always!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Cocktails

16 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 30, 2011 at 3:33 pm

happy birthday!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Crepes &amp Skates

17 Emma January 30, 2011 at 3:39 pm

my oh my! That cake looks amazing! love your blog and your party looked like so much fun! x
Emma recently posted..Is anybody out there

18 Natalia - a side of simple January 30, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Happy Birthday!! Looks like such a wonderful time :)
And yes, birthday cake for every meal, snack, and bite to eat is totally acceptable on your birthday. Eat it up!
Natalia – a side of simple recently posted..dear mom

19 fsugirl! January 30, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Happy Birthday!!Glad you had a great Birthday Week- you deserved it! :D

20 Teri January 30, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Looks like so much fun!!! And the cake looks very yummy!
I haven’t had a bday party in sooo long….this post makes me think I need to start! :) Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

21 Uttoran Sen January 31, 2011 at 6:51 am

Looks like you people had quite a good birthday party, a very good cake too.
cheers,