Chicken Scallopine with Sage and Fontina Cheese

by Courtney on January 31, 2011

Boy, do I have a dinner recipe for you guys tonight!

And do you want to know the best part??

I didn’t lift a finger to prepare it.

That’s right! Jay struck again with his off-the-charts cooking skills. I mean, I knew he could cook, but tonight was seriously impressive.

We sat down (in the living room, since we have yet to buy a new kitchen table…) to an amazing meal of Chicken Scallopine with Sage & Fontina Cheese,

a side of whole wheat pasta with extra sauce from the chicken dish,

and a side of fresh-steamed garlic green beans.

Holy Cow DELICIOUS!! Surprised smile

Jay did a little searching online earlier and came across this recipe for the chicken dish. While the prep did involve some extra dishes, he admitted that there really wasn’t anything too difficult about it at all…so don’t let the long directions scare you away!

We both agree that this is a recipe we MUST share with you all, so here ya go!

Ahhh, I’m still swooning over how good this was!

I will warn you though…as you probably know, I’m sort of a wimp when it comes to spicy foods. And despite having only 1/2 a teaspoon of red pepper flakes, this dish still packed a good amount of heat. Towards the end of the meal, my mouth was on FIRE!

But in a totally good way, of course. Winking smile

Now that dinner is done, I think I’m ready to snuggle on the couch and catch up on some good ‘ol How I Met Your Mother and a little piece of leftover Birthday Cake.

Life is GOOD. Open-mouthed smile

And in other news…remember this old kitchen??

Well, be on the lookout for the Big Reveal of the new digs…it’s slated to come up verrrrry soon! Smile

Can you believe tomorrow is already going to be February?!? Man, how time flies!

Question for the Evening:

What are you looking forward to this February??

1 Jess@atasteofconfidence January 31, 2011 at 8:22 pm

that cake looks awesome!
i’m looking forward to valentines day:)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Crepes &amp Skates

2 Blog is the New Black January 31, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Go Jay! Can’t wait to try that meal!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Online Bake Sale

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey January 31, 2011 at 8:24 pm

What a man!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..happy irish woman

4 Grace January 31, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Uhm, how did you train him so well? Teach me your ways! I can at least get my boyfriend to buy me dinner=) I’m looking forward to eating desert again since I gave t up for Jan. and two races, a marathon relay In Jacksonville and half at Disney!
Grace recently posted..No Pictures Please!

5 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles January 31, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Nice! Props to Jay again! Sorry I missed your birthday – I was in San Diego all weekend – so…HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! :)
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..San Diego Preview

6 Erica January 31, 2011 at 8:33 pm

i wish i could come home to find a great homecooked meal by my man. i can dream. hahahaha.

i’m looking forward to….my puppy turning 1!
Erica recently posted..never assume

7 Laura January 31, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I can’t wait for Valentine’s candy! I love those little conversation hearts!
And…the fact that March/Spring is that much closer!

8 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl January 31, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Dinner looks delicious – and it always tastes better when you don’t have to make it :) Everytime you post your cake, I want to reach into the screen and cut off a slice for myself!
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..The Dark Ages

9 Danielle January 31, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I am looking forward to my….

BIRTHDAY WEEK!!!!!!!!! :)

10 fsugirl! January 31, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Happy Birthday!! :D

11 Stephanie @cookinfanatic January 31, 2011 at 9:10 pm

What a great dinner your hubby made, yum!! I am SO EXCITED for February because I finally get to announce some pretty exciting news that I’ve been waiting to tell – 2 more weeks from today!
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Moussaka My Way

12 Karen January 31, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Dinner looks delicious!! Can’t wait for the big kitchen reveal!!
Karen recently posted..I’m Ready

13 Katy (The Singing Runner) January 31, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I REALLY need a guy like Jay. ;) My goodness!

14 vvvv February 1, 2011 at 4:03 am

so look delious! i want eat

15 CaSaundra February 1, 2011 at 9:44 am

Wow your hubby is on a roll in the kitchen–I like it!! Looks like Italian food at its finest. Funny thing, I just did a post on Italian food…yum!! :-)

16 Eftychia February 1, 2011 at 10:05 am

Hello, what a meal!!! But I really liked your cake. Thanks for sharing!
Eftychia recently posted..Rice with Blue Cheese cooked in the oven 4 servings

17 Leanne (For Health's Sake) February 1, 2011 at 10:29 am

February to me means that me & my fiance are 1 month closer to getting married! Yipeeee!
Leanne (For Health’s Sake) recently posted..Let’s Play Catch Up

18 fsugirl! February 1, 2011 at 5:05 pm

congratulations!!!!!! :D

19 Courtney February 1, 2011 at 6:45 pm

So exciting!!! :)

20 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) February 1, 2011 at 1:29 pm

delicious!! may i DIG INTO THAT CAKE>> MY GOLY!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..The Big Carb Debate…

21 Whitney February 1, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I’m looking forward to celebrating my anniversary of 8 years with my fiance(getting married in June). Instead of buying gifts we opt for a super swanky dinner! Can’t wait! :)

22 Simply Life February 1, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Oh wow, this looks great! I’m looking (hoping) for fewer snow storms!
Simply Life recently posted..Mushroom and Corn Risotto

23 Nat February 2, 2011 at 9:20 am

Can’t wait to see your final kitchen! I’m sure you’ve ben looking forward to the big reveal! :)
Nat recently posted..Some new foods and an awesome workout!

24 Gladys Nelson December 9, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Thanks for sharing! I’m looking (hoping) for fewer snow storms! Nice!
Gladys Nelson recently posted..Gout Tips