If I Could Eat This Every Day…

by Courtney on February 2, 2011

I’m so glad you all like the new kitchen! If you haven’t checked it out yet, you can click here to see the “Big Reveal!”

I didn’t mention it earlier, but I’ve been home all day thanks to another snow day. I actually got the call last night, so it was nice to be able to sleep in a little bit this morning.

Lucky me woke up to a fresh pot of coffee (thanks to the hubby), so I immediately indulged in a mug while curled up on the couch.

That right there is a good ‘ol recycled photo; I was too lazy to go get my camera at this point. Winking smile

But NOT too lazy to photograph another amazing breakfast of Protein Pumpkin Cake.

Today’s combo was almost exactly the same as yesterday…

except I went ahead and added that layer of peanut butter. Surprised smile

It was a great decision.

I hung around most of the morning, catching up on some blog reading and watching a little boob tube (<— That phrase always makes me giggle quite a bit).

I started to get the tummy grumbles around 1:00, so I hopped out to the kitchen to prep some lunch.

An “everything-but-the-kitchen-sink” kinda salad. Yep…I was really craving some veggies this afternoon!

In the mix: romaine, cukes, grape tomatoes, red bell pepper, baby carrots, broccoli, chickpeas, and feta cheese. I ended up topping it with a big spoonful of cottage cheese + balsamic vinegar. It’s an awesome combo!

On the side, I toasted up a couple pieces of Rustic Italian Loaf that came out of my bread machine last night, and topped ‘em with a little butta. Winking smile

Workout

All day, I had been planning on heading to an afternoon BodyPump class, so you can imagine what a total bummer it was when I checked my gym website only to find out it was canceled.

Ughhh. Really?!? Baring teeth smile

At that point, I really lost all motivation to do anything but I pushed through, knowing I’d feel better in the end.

I turned on Exercise on Demand and completed the following two videos:

They were both pretty decent, and I was glad I got them in.

Dinner

We broke out the Panini maker tonight!!

And ohmygodtheywerefantastic.

My panini was Turkey, Fontina, & Sun-Dried Tomato, spread with roasted red pepper hommus.

Jay picked up a couple ciabatta rolls (or as he calls them, “Chobani” rolls…) on his way home from work, so I used those as our base. Before grilling them, I sprayed them with a little spray butter (in place of extra oil) and sprinkled them with some dried rosemary. I simple and quick upgrade, but it made such a huge difference in flavor.

On the side, we enjoyed a batch of baked sweet potato fries, which I seasoned with some non-stick cooking spray, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.

I’m pretty sure I could eat this meal every day.

And as if dinner wasn’t already good enough…

I’ve got a piece of leftover birthday cake with my name on it….see?

IMG_8231-2

That’s right. Hands off. Disappointed smile

*Just a friendly reminder to check out Charlie’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge and give a vote for my Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Almond Buttercream Frosting. Things are looking good so far!

Hope you all have a great night!

Question for the Night:

Are you stingy with your food (especially sweets)? Do you mind sharing…or are you like me? Winking smile

1 Charlie February 2, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I don’t mind sharing dessert.
But the last bite is MINE! :)
Charlie recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cookie Challenge Entries

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 2, 2011 at 7:31 pm

I hate sharing my sweets!
I’m with ya on adding cottage cheese to salads – it’s a nice little kick of protein.

3 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 2, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I can’t share sweets!!! I like them too much I have to eat my own serving! It’s only for me ;-)

4 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 2, 2011 at 7:50 pm

I’d share my sweets, but not my actual meal:)
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Crepes &amp Skates

5 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 2, 2011 at 7:57 pm

I’m a stingy girl!! I mostly get possessive because I can only eat MY food since I’m gluten free. When other people eat the last of my something, I get pissed.

I love paninis. I don’t have a panini maker, but I do have a waffle maker and it works just as good. :)
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..happy irish woman

6 Amber Starr February 2, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Omg, every single thing you ate today looks amazing, but the panini is really sticking out! I think I might have to get a panini press! yum!

I’m kind of stingy with my food too! I spend so much time making them that I want to make sure I get a good serving of it. Lol.

By the way, I LOVE your new kitchen! It looks fabulous!
Amber Starr recently posted..Snow Day &amp Loving it!!

7 VanessaG February 2, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Yay for snow days!! I’m hoping for one soon cause I need it due to 17 energetic first graders. Double yay 4 bday cake! I’m eating mine right now…Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. It has my name on it too, so hands off! However, I’m the only one eating it cause my mom came up YIm 2 hrs from my home town)on my bday to give me my bday hug, gifts, and cake. I have a whole cake to myself! This is not good!!haha. I’m halfway done after 6 days.

8 Courtney February 2, 2011 at 9:25 pm

6 days…and only halfway done? I’m impressed! ;)
That’s so sweet of your mom to come visit!

9 briana February 2, 2011 at 9:02 pm

that pumpkin cake looks amazing, but I cannot find pumpkin anymore so sad! Also y did they take rock hard total body off of exercise on demand I loved it and never know which wkout to do now.

10 Courtney February 2, 2011 at 9:23 pm

So bummed, right?!? I went to go do it today and it wasn’t on there…
I used up my last can of hoarded pumpkin for this recipe…I’m hoping I can still find some more out there somewhere!

11 ashley@quasichick February 2, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I love salads like that and paninis!
ashley@quasichick recently posted..My Big 4 Year Old–Enjoy!

12 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 2, 2011 at 9:24 pm

I think I am going to make that protein pumpkin cake this weekend when I go home. So excited! :D

13 Stephanie @cookinfanatic February 2, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Your new kitchen is absolutely fabulous!!!! That pumpkin cake looks so delicious too, what a great breakfast for a snowy day off :)
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..Spicy Chicken &amp Tomato Orecchiette

14 Emma February 2, 2011 at 11:35 pm

yum!
Emma recently posted..If you could see me now

15 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) February 3, 2011 at 8:09 am

oh my gosh i WILL NOT SHARE! ahah.. i HATE sharing!!!! anything.. its mine! SERIOUSLY your protein pumpkin cake is SO DENSE AND DELISH!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..The Big Carb Debate…

16 Lisa @ healthy diaries February 3, 2011 at 8:47 am

I love a good panino for dinner! Your’s looks delicious, great combo!
Lisa @ healthy diaries recently posted..Making Cashew Butter on a Snow Day!!

17 CaSaundra February 3, 2011 at 9:12 am

I really need to invest in a panini maker–that looks fabulous!

18 Julie February 3, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I have to say, you are showing INCREDIBLE restraint with that cake! If it were in my house it would be gone :) (Are you storing it in the freezer? Ha! ha!)

Just started reading your blog & love it — esp. like the photos of your kitchen since we’re saving up for our own kitchen remodel as well. Not looking forward to the mess (we have 2 toddlers, so that should make it even more interesting), but the results will be worth it!

19 Holly February 3, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Whoa- every one of your meals looks SO good!! That pumpkin cake looks like a breakfast from a restaurant- all fancy :)
& that dinner….drooooooollllll – lol!
Hope you’re staying warm :)
Holly recently posted..A Divine Dinner