Cheesy Tuna-Vegetable Chowder

by Courtney on February 3, 2011

A couple nights ago, I gave it another go with the bread machine. Turns out, I may be getting somewhere?

I baked up a simple Rustic Italian Loaf, which came right out of the recipe book that came with my bread machine. Apparently, it’s typically topped with sesame seeds, but we don’t have any in the house. Either way, I think it turned out A-ok! Smile

It appears as though I’m still having a little difficulty getting my breads to rise???

However, the crusty outside was perfect, and paired so well with the warm, chewy inside.

After getting the bread into the machine, I figured I ought to figure out what else I was going to make with it…

Surely I could make a meal out of fresh baked bread, but I suppose those other food groups would be upset. Winking smile

I searched through a bunch of websites, until I finally came across a recipe for Cheesy Tuna-Vegetable Chowder.

Different, right?

I was already loving the simple ingredient list, but even better was that it was a “Cooking for Two” recipe, so it was the perfect amount for Jay and I.

This recipe was so simple to make, and within 25 minutes, dinner was ready to be served! Smile

A little chowder dunkage (aka, two slices of bread). Winking smile

The chowder was incredibly rich and creamy, and tasted a whole lot more decadent than it really was. I will definitely be making this again!

Perfect for a quick, comforting meal at home with your favorite meal buddy. Smile

************************

**A couple quick side notes:

• Have you seen my newly organized Recipes page? I’ve attempted to start organizing everything a little better into alphabetized categories…much easier to read!

1 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 3, 2011 at 11:12 am

That bread looks delicious! Sometimes nothing beats a great slice of bread. Have a great day, Courtney!

2 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 3, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I’m so scared of making bread!! For some reason cooking with yeast just intimidates me…but that looks awesome!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Otto

3 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 3, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Mmmm…. both the chowder and bread looks amazing. :D

4 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 3, 2011 at 12:36 pm

So glad you are getting your bread to come out well!! Looks delicious!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..The Accent Vlog

5 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) February 3, 2011 at 1:38 pm

There’s nothing better than fresh baked bread!!! And your kitchen looks gorgeous!

6 Molly @ Middle Minded February 3, 2011 at 5:38 pm

Aaaah, I LOVE chowder. I’m not a soup person, but for some reason I can never pass on a chowder. I will have to try this recipe out soon, especially with the blizzard we’ve got here in the midwest :-)

P.S. Can I just say how much I love your new kitchen? You guys did such a great job!
Molly @ Middle Minded recently posted..Here We Go

7 Courtney February 3, 2011 at 10:16 pm

Thank you so much! We’re VERY happy with it! :)

8 Blog is the New Black February 3, 2011 at 7:08 pm

YOu are the breadmaster, Courtney!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Online Bake Sale

9 Charlie February 3, 2011 at 7:17 pm

I love the new recipes page! And that bread looks delicious!
Charlie recently posted..Colorful Bean Sprout Salad

10 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) February 3, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Any time I’ve made bread in the bread machine, the top never rises that well–unlike it does when you make it by hand; it looks fine to me.
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Food Trends

11 CaSaundra February 5, 2011 at 9:41 am

What a great sounding dinner! I am all about recipes with tuna; they are always wallet friendly :-)