Free Entertainment

by Courtney on February 5, 2011

Happy Saturday everyone! How’s your day starting off??

Jay and I have been enjoying a wonderfully relaxing morning, and just finished a fantastic breakfast.

Fantastic because I love breakfast.

But fantastic again, because I didn’t make it!

In this house, Jay is definitely the Omelet Master. So when he offered to cook us up some of his famous goods, I had no choice but to oblige. Winking smile

I “ordered” an egg white omelet with red peppers, onions, tomatoes, and broccoli, with 1/2 a slice of american cheese. (I’m not a fan of a lot of cheese in my omelets…)

Perfection! Smile

Along with my omelet, I munched on a slice of Mastroianni toast (leftover from Thursday’s dinner) topped with a little butter & raspberry Polaner All-Fruit, and some coffee with skim milk & Truvia.

IMG_8319IMG_8321

After breakfast, we had a little fun playing with Cody and his favorite toy…

You know the tops that you rip off of a gallon water jug? Yeah…Cody will play with these for hours. He’s actually staring quite intently at one in this picture here.

He sure does keep us laughing. Winking smile Hey, it’s free entertainment!

IMG_8328IMG_8330

Today Jay and I have a handful of errands to run, one of which is going to check out new cameras…

2011-02-05_11-20-44_466

My little Canon Powershot SD780IS has been through the trenches! Surprised smile

I’ve been having some issues with it lately, and after bringing it to get checked out yesterday by a repairman, it sounds like it may be in trouble. Apparently there’s an issue with the circuit board, AND the lens, which could cause it to go any time now.

Ughhhh.

Hopefully somebody has some good deals out there today!!

Question for the Day:

What kind of a camera do you use?

1 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 5, 2011 at 11:41 am

I have a Panasonic Lumix, and it’s great for toting everywhere, but I would LOVE a Nikon D3100 :)
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Where’s the Beef

2 Faith @ lovelyascharged February 5, 2011 at 11:45 am

Have fun camera shopping! I have a Nikon P90, and it’s incredible! He’s not *too* complicated, but he sure can do some schnazzy things for a p&s!
Faith @ lovelyascharged recently posted..Aches- Pains- and Pancakes

3 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews February 5, 2011 at 11:49 am

Your omelet looks amazing!!
Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews recently posted..Aylio Resistance Bands Review

4 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 5, 2011 at 11:51 am

I love Raspberry Polaner All-Fruit… my favorite. ;) Sorry….kind of random!

I have an OLD OLD OLD point and shoot. I think I’ve had it since my junior year of high school….soooo 4 years now?

5 Annmarie February 5, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Haha… our cats are OBSESSED with the rings that come off gallon milk jugs.

6 Stacie February 5, 2011 at 12:12 pm

I have a Canon Powershot SX 100. It’s a few years old, but has been the best camera ever. The zoom is ridiculous on it. I bought it specifically for its zoom to use at concerts.

Hope you find a deal!
Stacie recently posted..Big News!

7 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy February 5, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Aw, my cat plays with the weirdest things too! Mostly legos and craft supplies! We have a blast watching him! :)

I have a Sony Cybershot–it’s old, but I love it!

8 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 5, 2011 at 12:52 pm

I use a Canon PowerShot G11. The G series from Canon is really great. I have no idea how to shoot in RAW or how to use all the manual settings – but it has that capability! I want to take a class to learn how to use it. A lot of professional photogs use the G series when they’re traveling and don’t want to carry around a huge camera and lens. I would definitely look into it – it has a great price tag too!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..The Necessities

9 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) February 5, 2011 at 1:14 pm

AWW ahahah i love your kitty.. too too cute!! uh… hehe. i use my phone camera.. AWKWARd
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..The Big Carb Debate…

10 Tina February 5, 2011 at 1:22 pm

For Christmas I recieved a Sony Cybershot as a gift, but I wasn’t too crazy about it. So, I swapped it for a Canon Powershot SD 1400 and I really like it! I’ve had Canon’s in the past and I plan on sticking with them because they are very user-friendly and durable! Good luck camera shopping!
Tina recently posted..Vegan Cowboy Cookies Healifying recipes

11 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 5, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I just got a Canon Rebel for Christmas and I love it – I will never look back!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..happy irish woman

12 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun February 5, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Love when Peter cooks my breakfast. Always tastes better when you don’t have to cook. Hope you find a good camera!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..FFF Features

13 Yena February 5, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Oo that omelette looks delicious!

I use a Panasonic Lumix. It’s nothing too fancy but I’ve heard that its Leica lense is really good. It has a macro setting that I use all the time to take close up photos of my food :)

Keep us posted and let us know which camera you end up getting!
Yena recently posted..Casual Friday Night In

14 Autumn @ Good Eats Girl February 5, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Good luck camera shopping! I just got a new point and shoot…it’s a Nikon. I used to have a Canon. It’s supposed to be just as good as my Canon and has great reviews, but it has taken me a bit to get used to after having a Canon for so long!
Autumn @ Good Eats Girl recently posted..Saturday morning…

15 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) February 5, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I have a little Cannon that I use all of the time. I do have a Canon Rebel that I recently got but really need to learn how to use it better.
That looks like a really professional omelet!

16 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 5, 2011 at 8:30 pm

That omelet looks like it’s from a restaurant!! I have a Canon that i’ve had forever. I’m hoping to be able to invest in a better one soon!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Dance Dance Dance!

17 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] February 5, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Camera shopping – how fun! Can’t wait to see/hear what ya find :)
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..randomness rules

18 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 6, 2011 at 2:53 am

canon powershot- i love it!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Day 9- The Future

19 CaSaundra February 6, 2011 at 9:05 am

Your hubby sure knows how to whip up a perfect-looking omelet–I bet they are super tasty too :-)

I use a Canon Rebel SLR..loooove it!

20 ashley@quasichick February 6, 2011 at 10:07 am

After seeing your beautiful mug of joe, I want coffee now!
ashley@quasichick recently posted..Homemade Household Cleaners Part 1

21 stacey February 6, 2011 at 3:42 pm

no way! those plastic milk jug tops are the FAVORITE toy of my kitty Guinness!!!! :)