Make It Stop

by Courtney on February 7, 2011

Getting back to the grind after a late night of football and intense snackage is not easy…

My favorite Monday morning workout had to be postponed, and saying that I woke up feeling a bit sluggish would definitely be an understatement…

So I’m sure you can imagine that I was more than ready to get back on the healthy bandwagon.

Starting with breakfastthe most important meal of the day!

I packed up a vanilla Chobani, a banana, and some Kashi Go Lean Crisp cereal to make a nice little yogurt mess.

Which was definitely enjoyed with some much-welcomed coffee. Winking smile

Breakfast actually held me over quite well today, which I’m sure had something to do with the fact that my tummy was probably still full of cookie dough dip. Embarrassed smile But by the time lunch rolled around, I was ready to dig in!

I made a turkey sandwich on an Arnold’s Sandwich Thin Naturals 100% Whole Wheat Flax & Fiber, complete with half a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a drizzle of honey mustard.

You probably notice that I don’t eat a whole lot of sandwiches for lunch. No reason in particular, except for the fact that I’m usually just not craving them. But this one was yumm-o! Smile

On the side I had some baby carrots + grape tomatoes

and a pear, which I actually saved for my 3:00 hunger cravings. Smile

Workout

I got home from work and had no idea what I was in the mood to do for my workout. Yesterday, I tried out the Jillian Michael’s 6 Week Six-Pack Abs workout from Exercise on Demand and loved it! It was pretty intense, and I’m really looking forward to doing it again tomorrow. I think I’m going to try incorporating it 3x a week for the 6 weeks and see what happens… Surprised smile

So since I didn’t want to do that on back-to-back days, I ended up going with my Insane Incline Run workout. Always a kick in the arrrrrss. Winking smile

Dinner

Jay and I decided to keep things simple tonight.

With the recommendation of Teri over Twitter this afternoon, I baked up a couple chicken breasts with some salt & pepper, lemon juice, honey, and fresh garlic. It was beyond easy to do, I didn’t measure anything, and was totally tasty to boot! Thanks, Teri! Smile

On the side we had some brown rice,

and some of the spiciest roasted zucchini I have ever had.

I’m not kidding. I’m a total wimp…Jay tends to really enjoy seasoning with pepper, which is not a favorite of mine. I think he got a little heavy-handed on me today…that stinker!

It was so tasty, yet so spicy, I just wanted to yell “Make it STOP!” I still scarfed down every last bite…I just had to drink a few extra gulps of water. Winking smile

Since I enjoyed my fair share of sweets last night, I actually refrained from having any all day today. But look what happened to be on my counter when I arrived home this afternoon…

Oh lawdy. Disappointed smile

My mother-in-law was out yesterday and picked up a couple of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes from the Charlton Tavern which is located just a quick drive away from where Jay and I live, in Ballston Lake.

These babies are jumbo, so I think I’m going to just eat half…

Well, hey, at least I’ll try. Winking smile

Question for the Evening:

What’s your favorite cupcake flavor combo?

1 Jess February 7, 2011 at 8:04 pm

YUM!!! Those chocolate peanut butter cupcakes look so good!!! You might like peanut butter & pretzel chocolate truffles!! I’m posting the recipe tomorrow I think! :)

2 Courtney February 7, 2011 at 9:29 pm

YUMM!! :)

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 7, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I’m always starving at 3:00 when the kids leave! What grade to you teach?
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..happy irish woman

4 Courtney February 7, 2011 at 9:29 pm

5th grade :)

5 Melissa February 7, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Ooh, there is a cupcake place I went to once that made a Snickers cupcake! Sinful! If I’m making them at home, though, I can’t turn down a good Funfetti!!! But it has to have the rainbow chip frosting! I like sprinkles, just gotta have the rainbow chip on my Funfetti cupcakes! ;)

6 Courtney February 7, 2011 at 9:28 pm

TOTALLY agree with the rainbow chip frosting! You can’t do the funfetti frosting…it’s just vanilla with sprinkles. I could eat the rainbow chip frosting by the spoonful ;)

7 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 7, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I woke up not feeling my best either!! I love roasted zucchini!! The spicier the better for me!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Disaster Day

8 Kathryn February 7, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I’ve done Jillian Michael’s level 1 and 2 six pack abs. I get On Demand also and I rented this DVD from the library so I could try level 2. My opinion is level 2 is much harder. I suggest giving it a try:)

9 Courtney February 7, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Yes, I want to try Level 2! I just have to get my hands on it…

10 Erin @ The Grass Skirt February 7, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Dear Lord, those cupcakes look good! My favorite combo is vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting. The best!
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Looking Back

11 briana February 7, 2011 at 8:37 pm

hmmm chocolate and pb is always a great combo but I had a banana caramel that was delicious too! I love all cupcakes….i felt so awful after a late night too and am hoping I get a snow day tomorrow.

12 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 7, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Red velvet with buttercream icing. Oohh, I think some baking may be in my near future ;)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Oh- What a Night

13 Yena February 7, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Red velvet with cream cheese frosting, for sure!
Yena recently posted..Green Bay Packers Take the Bowl Title

14 Stacie February 7, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I love funfetti cupcakes. Yes, I’m a 3rd grader at heart.
Stacie recently posted..Who’ll stop the rain

15 Courtney February 7, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Hahaha, you can never go wrong with a classic funfetti!

16 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 7, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Oh man, that cupcake looks great!
I’m usually not the biggest fan of sandwiches either, but when I have a REALLY good one, they’re all I can think about!

Enjoy your night, Courtney!

17 Liz @ IHeartVegetables February 7, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I love annnnything chocolate!!! Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting is perfect for me! haha

I get 3:00 munchies too! I usually have some fruit or yogurt :)
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..New Exercise Awesome Skills

18 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 7, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I love plain ol’ vanilla (funfetti sprinkles make it special though!) and vanilla buttercream icing with…of course…more sprinkles. I just can’t do chocolate cake part for cupcakes – but chocolate icing is 110% acceptable in my book! ;)
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Down the Road

19 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) February 8, 2011 at 3:01 am

I think I just died and went to heaven LOOKING at those cupcakes!! Holy Moly those look GOOOD! Chocolate is my fave, but I’ve never tried chocolate peanut butter…I will now though!! :D
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Reader request- Contents of a gym bag…

20 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) February 8, 2011 at 3:46 am

Vanilla with chocolate icing or carrot with cream cheese are my favorites but I’m sure I’m missing out on some exotic flavors that I’ve never had before. hehe

21 CaSaundra February 8, 2011 at 7:51 am

It always feels nice to eat lighter and more produce after a day of sweets–but hey, lifes all about balance right?!

22 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 8, 2011 at 7:52 am

Oh I love spicy veggies! Or spicy anything, really…

Crumbs bakeshop in NYC has mint chocolate chip flavored cupcakes…with ganache filling, mint buttercream and chocolate chips on top. It’s heavenly.
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Josies Restaurant

23 Teri February 8, 2011 at 9:20 am

You’re welcome! =) Glad it turned out for you! It’s always an easy go to when you have chicken!

Sometimes I use lime instead of lemon and then throw in a little cumin & chili powder and use it for chicken tacos…the spicy & sweet is YUM! Or throw in a little soy sauce and veggies for an easy stir fry. I’m pretty sure citrus, honey and garlic go well with just about anything!

Those cupcakes look sooo good!

24 Kelly February 8, 2011 at 10:13 am

I am honestly not a cake, cupcake or brownie girl. The texture of cake-like items don’t appeal to me at all. I have never liked cake. Ever. But don’t worry…every birthday and any other excuse I can think of warrants a cookie cake! It is safe to say that whenever we have a cookie cake celebration it is best to get 2. One for me and one for all the other guests! haha…now if only I was kidding.

25 Sara February 8, 2011 at 10:46 am

I have to say I really enjoy reading your blog. I live in Saratoga and love that you point out some great local places! Plus…I think I had the same wedding photographer as you…Images by Moak? Love them! Anyways…just wanted to send you kudos for a great blog!

26 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) February 8, 2011 at 1:10 pm

pb cupcakes!!! AHH .. and i love sammies and wraps for lunch- i crave them!! hehe
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..The Big Carb Debate…

27 Grace February 8, 2011 at 4:02 pm

I love all cupcakes but I’m not a chocolate on chocolate girl, I have to have some vanilla in the mix! I love love love s’mores cupcakes!
Grace recently posted..Indulgence

28 kate@ahealthypassion February 8, 2011 at 4:36 pm

ahh soo hard to choose, I love all cupcakes especially coconut
kate@ahealthypassion recently posted..Blizzard!

29 Ally (oatsandspice) February 8, 2011 at 7:38 pm

It’s just too hard to decide my favorite cupcake combo… but yours look amazing – I love sprinkles on basically every dessert.. YUMM :)

Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Oh So “Tempt”ing