Chilly Weather, You Stink

Well, last night’s movie Date Night was postponed…

As excited as I was to go see No Strings Attached, I wasn’t so excited about the blustery, cold weather that’s blown through our neck of the woods. It was so cold and windy last night, that I was absolutely chilled to the bone!

source

So needless to say, the thought of curling up under my fleece blanket on the couch sounded much more appealing than trekking out in 3 degree weather. Disappointed smile

Plus this way, I was able to watch my beloved One Tree Hilldid anyone else see last night’s episode??

source

I seriously could do nothing but laugh at this one. I mean, superheroes? Now that’s just plain funny! Smile

*********************************

This morning, I woke up nice and early to get my first workout done for the day.…

3 miles in 26:35 – A personal best for me!

I say “first workout” because I’ll be headed to the gym this afternoon after work for some BodyPump; but I’m suuuuuper excited because I’ve enlisted my friend, Mal, to join me! She’s a first timer and I can’t wait to show her the ropes. Smile

Breakfast

I really don’t understand why I don’t do Overnight Oats more often…? It’s so easy!

In today’s mix…a few more extra ingredients than usual:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • Raisins
  • Cinnamon

Topped with some Quaker Oatmeal Squares, a tiny scoop of PB, and paired with my mug-o-joe.

Now I’m ready to go! (Aaaand super corny for going with that rhyme…) Winking smile

Question for the Day:

Do you ever let the weather (extreme cold or heat) interfere with your plans?

Comments

1. Whitney says

Yes, unfortunately weather dictates a lot of my plans haha I do not care to go out in the rain and cold! Side question that’s not related… I was wondering since your gym offers pump, do they offer Body Combat? It’s new at my gym and I have taken it twice. Such a great, fun class for a different type of workout! :) Have a great day!

• Courtney says

Yes! They do offer Body Combat but I’ve actually never taken it before. I’ve heard it’s kind of a little bit like martial arts/kickboxing? Is that true??

• Whitney says

Yes that is correct! You should definitely try it out. I consider myself an athlete and I have been sore for days from that class. It is very high energy and a lot of fun! :)

I’m AMAZED that OTH is still on after all these years. I remember when it first came out in 2002- I was in seventh grade and watched it right after Gilmore Girls :)

Extreme heat? Nah. I love the heat! Extreme cold? For sure. Nothing worse than being freezing!
    Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Josies Restaurant

Freezing cold weather makes me want to put my PJ’s on right after work, cuddle up under a blanket, & hibernate until spring! I’m from Michigan, but recently moved to Virginia, so I am definitely enjoying the milder temperatures! And the sunshine! It’s always so gray all winter back home, but it’s sunny more often than not here. Gotta love that!

I like your post title. I agree 1000 percent. Last night I was supposed to go hang out with a friend and bailed because I couldn’t bear the thought of walking the 15 minutes to his house in the freezing cold.

Have fun at body pump! I just tried it and LOVED it.
    Emily recently posted..Double Digits

Sorry your date night fell through! I am awful at letting the weather affect me – especially my workouts. I actually posed the exact same question on my blog the other day! Good to know I’m not the only one.
    Stacie recently posted..Who’ll stop the rain

I sure do! When we lived in Baltimore last year, it would get SO frigid. I HATED leaving the house when it was that cold, so we stayed in most of the time. I’m all about comfort, and getting cozy with a blanket always trumps having to go outside to below freezing temps!

Congrats on your PR during your run this morning! What a fun start to your day.