Chilly Weather, You Stink

by Courtney on February 9, 2011

Well, last night’s movie Date Night was postponed…

As excited as I was to go see No Strings Attached, I wasn’t so excited about the blustery, cold weather that’s blown through our neck of the woods. It was so cold and windy last night, that I was absolutely chilled to the bone!

source

So needless to say, the thought of curling up under my fleece blanket on the couch sounded much more appealing than trekking out in 3 degree weather. Disappointed smile

Plus this way, I was able to watch my beloved One Tree Hilldid anyone else see last night’s episode??

source

I seriously could do nothing but laugh at this one. I mean, superheroes? Now that’s just plain funny! Smile

*********************************

This morning, I woke up nice and early to get my first workout done for the day.…

3 miles in 26:35 – A personal best for me!

I say “first workout” because I’ll be headed to the gym this afternoon after work for some BodyPump; but I’m suuuuuper excited because I’ve enlisted my friend, Mal, to join me! She’s a first timer and I can’t wait to show her the ropes. Smile

Breakfast

I really don’t understand why I don’t do Overnight Oats more often…? It’s so easy!

In today’s mix…a few more extra ingredients than usual:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • Raisins
  • Cinnamon

Topped with some Quaker Oatmeal Squares, a tiny scoop of PB, and paired with my mug-o-joe.

Now I’m ready to go! (Aaaand super corny for going with that rhyme…) Winking smile

Question for the Day:

Do you ever let the weather (extreme cold or heat) interfere with your plans?

1 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 9, 2011 at 8:14 am

I’ve definitely changed plans in the summer because of rain – the thought of waiting in lines while it’s pouring down and feeling the sticky humidity inside places – yuck!
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Down the Road

2 Blog is the New Black February 9, 2011 at 8:15 am

Yes! When it’s this cold out, I can’t seem to get my butt to the gym!

3 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 9, 2011 at 8:16 am

The weather can definitely interfere with my plans. I don’t blame you for wanting to stay in due to the cold. Sometimes it isn’t worth it to get all bundled up to go outside!

4 Whitney February 9, 2011 at 8:17 am

Yes, unfortunately weather dictates a lot of my plans haha I do not care to go out in the rain and cold! Side question that’s not related… I was wondering since your gym offers pump, do they offer Body Combat? It’s new at my gym and I have taken it twice. Such a great, fun class for a different type of workout! :) Have a great day!

5 Courtney February 9, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Yes! They do offer Body Combat but I’ve actually never taken it before. I’ve heard it’s kind of a little bit like martial arts/kickboxing? Is that true??

6 Whitney February 10, 2011 at 7:59 am

Yes that is correct! You should definitely try it out. I consider myself an athlete and I have been sore for days from that class. It is very high energy and a lot of fun! :)

7 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 9, 2011 at 8:30 am

I’m AMAZED that OTH is still on after all these years. I remember when it first came out in 2002- I was in seventh grade and watched it right after Gilmore Girls :)

Extreme heat? Nah. I love the heat! Extreme cold? For sure. Nothing worse than being freezing!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Josies Restaurant

8 Ally (oatsandspice) February 9, 2011 at 8:36 am

I loved how you added those oatmeal squares to your overnights oats – looks delicious!
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Oh So “Tempt”ing

9 Jackie @ Baking Charms February 9, 2011 at 8:36 am

I loved last night’s episode, too!! What a great way to address bullying, something that’s been in the media a lot lately.
Jackie @ Baking Charms recently posted..Tip Tuesday- Foodie VDay Gift Guide

10 Kay February 9, 2011 at 8:36 am

First workout? Do you workout 2 times a day? Why?

11 CaSaundra February 9, 2011 at 8:40 am

I don’t blame you for not wanting to go out in the cold–this winter I’ve been in complete hibernation mode..brrrr!

12 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 9, 2011 at 8:45 am

Are you kidding me? I feel like the winter sucks the social life right out me! My fiance and I had to park far away from our dinner destination last night and I was cursing the whole way ;) I am a winter wimp – I HATE being cold!
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Oh- What a Night

13 Melissa February 9, 2011 at 8:55 am

Freezing cold weather makes me want to put my PJ’s on right after work, cuddle up under a blanket, & hibernate until spring! I’m from Michigan, but recently moved to Virginia, so I am definitely enjoying the milder temperatures! And the sunshine! It’s always so gray all winter back home, but it’s sunny more often than not here. Gotta love that!

14 Lauren February 9, 2011 at 9:53 am

I can so relate! I’m in Ohio, and it is freezing here too :( My poor little doggies don’t even want to go out!
Lauren recently posted..Spaghetti Squash and Green Monsters

15 Emily February 9, 2011 at 9:55 am

I like your post title. I agree 1000 percent. Last night I was supposed to go hang out with a friend and bailed because I couldn’t bear the thought of walking the 15 minutes to his house in the freezing cold.

Have fun at body pump! I just tried it and LOVED it.
Emily recently posted..Double Digits

16 Stacie February 9, 2011 at 10:22 am

Sorry your date night fell through! I am awful at letting the weather affect me – especially my workouts. I actually posed the exact same question on my blog the other day! Good to know I’m not the only one.
Stacie recently posted..Who’ll stop the rain

17 Lisa @ I'm an Okie February 9, 2011 at 10:26 am

One Tree Hill is still on? Seriously, that has to be the longest running show ever.

18 Courtney February 9, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Hahaha, I know right?

19 Liz @ IHeartVegetables February 9, 2011 at 10:39 am

Congrats on your personal best!

I love when I can talk a friend into going to the gym with me. And Bodypump is my favorite! (Well, second to Bodyjam… haha)
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..New Exercise Awesome Skills

20 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 9, 2011 at 11:07 am

I sure do! When we lived in Baltimore last year, it would get SO frigid. I HATED leaving the house when it was that cold, so we stayed in most of the time. I’m all about comfort, and getting cozy with a blanket always trumps having to go outside to below freezing temps!

Congrats on your PR during your run this morning! What a fun start to your day.

21 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) February 9, 2011 at 11:24 am

oh the cold weather always keeps me inside when i should be out! great run!!! so fast!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..The Big Carb Debate…

22 Jordan February 9, 2011 at 12:12 pm

No Strings Attached is SOOO cute!! Make sure you see it. It’s a little bit scandelous towards the beginning…but don’t let that scare you away! :)
Jordan recently posted..I wish I had…

23 Charlie February 9, 2011 at 1:39 pm

The extreme cold weather makes me takes the bus for a 15 minute walk to school ;).
Charlie recently posted..Cinnamon-Swirl Pecan-Crunch Breakfast Bread Pudding

24 Courtney February 9, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I have to admit once I’m cozy inside and I know how chilly it is outside I’m happy to stay in & ditch the plans :)
Courtney recently posted..Artichoke Pizza

25 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 9, 2011 at 4:01 pm

The weather is never too extreme in LA, but if it’s raining like crazy I will stay home. It’s scary to drive in crazy rain!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Red O

26 Emma February 9, 2011 at 8:01 pm

hey! i try to keep my routine going even during the cold season but i must admit…i HATE the cold! i always end up looking like an oversized and highly visible goofball due to all the layers of clothing!
Emma recently posted..Chocolate Covered Birthday!

27 ashley@quasichick February 9, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I need to do the overnight oat thing! My mornings are so busy!! And I am also ready to say bye bye to the cold weather!
ashley@quasichick recently posted..Why I Love Blogging