Chilly Weather, You Stink

Well, last night’s movie Date Night was postponed…

As excited as I was to go see No Strings Attached, I wasn’t so excited about the blustery, cold weather that’s blown through our neck of the woods. It was so cold and windy last night, that I was absolutely chilled to the bone!

So needless to say, the thought of curling up under my fleece blanket on the couch sounded much more appealing than trekking out in 3 degree weather. Disappointed smile

Plus this way, I was able to watch my beloved One Tree Hilldid anyone else see last night’s episode??

I seriously could do nothing but laugh at this one. I mean, superheroes? Now that’s just plain funny! Smile

This morning, I woke up nice and early to get my first workout done for the day.…

3 miles in 26:35 – A personal best for me!

I say “first workout” because I’ll be headed to the gym this afternoon after work for some BodyPump; but I’m suuuuuper excited because I’ve enlisted my friend, Mal, to join me! She’s a first timer and I can’t wait to show her the ropes. Smile

I really don’t understand why I don’t do Overnight Oats more often…? It’s so easy!

In today’s mix…a few more extra ingredients than usual:

• 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 mashed banana
  • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • Raisins
  • Cinnamon

Topped with some Quaker Oatmeal Squares, a tiny scoop of PB, and paired with my mug-o-joe.

Now I’m ready to go! (Aaaand super corny for going with that rhyme…) Winking smile

Question for the Day:

Do you ever let the weather (extreme cold or heat) interfere with your plans?

1. Whitney says

Yes, unfortunately weather dictates a lot of my plans haha I do not care to go out in the rain and cold! Side question that’s not related… I was wondering since your gym offers pump, do they offer Body Combat? It’s new at my gym and I have taken it twice. Such a great, fun class for a different type of workout! :) Have a great day!

• Courtney says

Yes! They do offer Body Combat but I’ve actually never taken it before. I’ve heard it’s kind of a little bit like martial arts/kickboxing? Is that true??

• Whitney says

Yes that is correct! You should definitely try it out. I consider myself an athlete and I have been sore for days from that class. It is very high energy and a lot of fun! :)

I’m AMAZED that OTH is still on after all these years. I remember when it first came out in 2002- I was in seventh grade and watched it right after Gilmore Girls :)

Extreme heat? Nah. I love the heat! Extreme cold? For sure. Nothing worse than being freezing!
    Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Josies Restaurant

Freezing cold weather makes me want to put my PJ’s on right after work, cuddle up under a blanket, & hibernate until spring! I’m from Michigan, but recently moved to Virginia, so I am definitely enjoying the milder temperatures! And the sunshine! It’s always so gray all winter back home, but it’s sunny more often than not here. Gotta love that!

I like your post title. I agree 1000 percent. Last night I was supposed to go hang out with a friend and bailed because I couldn’t bear the thought of walking the 15 minutes to his house in the freezing cold.

Have fun at body pump! I just tried it and LOVED it.
    Emily recently posted..Double Digits

Sorry your date night fell through! I am awful at letting the weather affect me – especially my workouts. I actually posed the exact same question on my blog the other day! Good to know I’m not the only one.
    Stacie recently posted..Who’ll stop the rain

I sure do! When we lived in Baltimore last year, it would get SO frigid. I HATED leaving the house when it was that cold, so we stayed in most of the time. I’m all about comfort, and getting cozy with a blanket always trumps having to go outside to below freezing temps!

Congrats on your PR during your run this morning! What a fun start to your day.