I Just Want My Car Back…

by Courtney on February 9, 2011

It is so much fun having a buddy to go to the gym with!

Today’s BodyPump seemed so much better, just knowing that I had Mal to join me. I think she really enjoyed her first class, and I’m hoping she’ll come buddy up with me again…I have a bunch of guest passes.

Do you have a gym buddy?

After BodyPump, Mal and I headed back to our place to meet up with Jay and Brian for a nice Italian dinner…perfect refueling food in my opinion!

First Course: Salad with a drizzle of Italian dressing,

and Mastroianni bread with dipping oil (I had 2 slices).

Main Course: Rigatoni with my own homemade sauce and some parmesan cheese.

The sauce was sooooo good! My big batch has been sitting in the freezer waiting for the perfect opportunity to make an appearance, so when we found out Brian and Mal would be joining us, there was no question…it was a sauce kinda night! Winking smile

Dinner also required a glass of vino…

Which was determined after I found out that my car is completely dead and I need to replace my battery.

Seriously?!?!?

To make a long story short…when I went to leave work today, my car was completely “dunzo” – no startup, no nothin’. Luckily, I was able to hitch a ride back home with a co-worker, then have Jay come and pick me up at home so I could meet Mal at the gym for our class. WHEW!

When I got home from class, I was informed from hubby that he went to check out the battery and there was no jumping it at all.

Ughhh…

I really do try my best not to be a whiner and try to stay positive on my blog, but let me just take a moment to vent…

“AHHHHHHHH!!! I don’t have time for this!!!” Steaming mad

Ok, much better. Now let’s just hope it’s an easy (and not too expensive) fix…

Luckily, I have tomorrow off for my second round of allergy testing, so at least I don’t have to worry about my car too early…considering the fact that it’s still sitting in the school parking lot right now!

Oy vey.

Question for the Night:

What was the last setback that you had to deal with? How did you handle it?

1 Karen February 9, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I hope it’s just a simple battery fix…those usually aren’t too bad! Car troubles are no fun because they ALWAYS happen at the worst possible times! My car once died in a parking garage – do you know that most tow trucks don’t have clearance for parking garages? I didn’t until that day – it was not fun!
Karen recently posted..Shipping From Where

2 Courtney February 9, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Oh no! That sounds terrible!

3 Stacie February 9, 2011 at 9:05 pm

Oh no! That stinks! I guess today the cars decided to take a sick day because I had to take mine to the shop to buy a new tire because one of my tires decided it wanted to get a nail in it.

Oh well, just one of those days I guess : )
Stacie recently posted..Who’ll stop the rain

4 Melissa February 9, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Ugh. Total bummer. I always try to do something nice for myself when something goes wrong. A good workout, a yummy dinner, snuggly sweats . . . whatever works!
Melissa recently posted..“Guilty! I say guilty!”

5 Rick February 9, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Court –

I just bought a new battery 2 weeks ago, it was only $90

6 Pat Rowe February 9, 2011 at 9:21 pm

You should call AAA, this is why we get it for you!!!!

7 Courtney February 9, 2011 at 10:13 pm

HAHA…I totally forgot about AAA.
WOOPS! :(

8 ashley@quasichick February 9, 2011 at 9:27 pm

being without a car is a major bummer, I hope it gets fixed asap :)
ashley@quasichick recently posted..Why I Love Blogging

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 9, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Awww sorry about the car! Fingers crossed for a simple fix!

My most recent setback was injuring my leg during the peak of my training for my 1/2 marathon at the end of the month. I haven’t ran in a week (the exercise bike has become my best friend) and I am hoping to resume running again on Friday. We’ll see!

10 Holly February 9, 2011 at 9:36 pm

When it rains, it pours, huh!? You poor thing! I feel so bad :( Everything seems to be happenin at once. But the good thing is that it HAS to go up from here!!! :D
& some wine might just help with that ;)
Good luck with the allergy testing tomorrow & GOOD luck with the car stuff!!
Holly recently posted..The PERFECT Combination

11 Courtney February 9, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I like your thinkin’ girly! Thanks Holly :)

12 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 9, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I HATE car trouble! It’s always such an annoyance to deal with. Good luck with the allergy testing tomorrow!
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..Down the Road

13 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 9, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Ugh, no fun! I really need new tires, but they’re so darn expensive! It is definitely a set-back waiting to happen, but I’m trying my hardest to put it off!

14 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 9, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I hope your car is ok!!! I love going to the gym with a friend, so much fun!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Weirdo Wednesday

15 Shannon February 9, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Oh Courtney I totally feel your pain. How about I took my car in for what I thought was an oil leak, mmm 4 weeks and a new engine later I finally got behind the wheel again! My family and boyfriend were really great to let me use their vehicles or shuttle services during that time. Besides I looked at the rides as good catch up time I might not have gotten that day otherwise! :)

Good Luck!
Shannon recently posted..Getting over the Hump

16 *Andrea* February 9, 2011 at 10:54 pm

i had a gym buddy in college.. it was sooo good for motivation and for trying new body conditioning classes. no more though now that i’m in the real world boo.

my car battery died last week! i brought it to get replaced then they ended up giving me new spark plugs for $100 each ugh.

your sauce looks delish! so impressed!

17 Heather February 10, 2011 at 9:27 am

sad face!!!

i hope the car situation gets worked out soon – does this mean you may no longer be joining us for dinner friday? :(

18 Courtney February 10, 2011 at 9:31 am

Oh no way! I will absolutely still be there…been looking forward to it all week! :)
Courtney recently posted..I Just Want My Car Back…

19 Leanne (For Health's Sake) February 10, 2011 at 10:43 am

“Dunzo” reminds me of laguna beach hahahah!
Leanne (For Health’s Sake) recently posted..Honest &amp Upfront

20 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com February 10, 2011 at 11:03 am

I am SO SO SORRY about your car. Girl, that is the worst. My last setback was a pay cut….boo, the whole school got one and so I went for a long hard run and felt so much better. YAY for gym buddies…wish I could go with you to those classes:)
janae @hungryrunnergirl.com recently posted..Happy Tears and Justin Beiber