New World Bistro Meets Bloggers

by Courtney on February 12, 2011

Last night, I had the privilege of meeting up with some fantastic ladies for dinner at New World Bistro Bar.

Just a few of the bunch…Heather, Me, &  Jen

Heather did a wonderful job of organizing last night’s get-together, and we were lucky enough to have 14 ladies make the trip. Some people even came baring gifts!

Thanks Heather and Melissa!

So it was my first time at New World, and I was totally loving its cute, cozy atmosphere. I was also definitely impressed with the incredibly diverse and fun menu. If you ever watched the show Chopped on the Food Network, then you may have seen New World’s Executive Chef, Ric Orlando.

While waiting for everyone to arrive, I ordered a glass of vino.

And everyone was also given a fresh roll with olive oil & balsamic to dip. Delicious!

IMG_0236IMG_0239

Trying to decide on what to order for dinner was not an easy task…there were so many good things on the menu! But eventually I decided on the Toscano Ultra Flatbread Piadina Pizza, which was topped with fig jam, arugula, gorgonzola, and truffle oil.

This was like nothing I’d ever tried before and I must say…it was amazing! Open-mouthed smile

All of the flavors blended together so, so well. Who would have ever thought of fig jam on a flatbread pizza??

Well, probably many of you. Maybe I’ve just been too sheltered? Winking smile

Everything about the dish was light, and never too overpowering, so I was able to enjoy five out of the six pieces easily; Only five, since I had to do a little trading with Alicia and her New World Flatbread Pizza. Winking smile YUM!

One of the other dishes that really grabbed my attention for the night was Cynthia’s customized tapas plate.

Not only for the food itself (Cynthia said it was all incredible!), but for just how accommodating the staff was in making sure that it met all of Cynthia’s dietary needs. They double and triple checked everything about their ingredients and recipes to ensure that nothing snuck into her dish that couldn’t be there. And when they found a couple original items that couldn’t be in there, they went and actually made up a few new things for her. Absolutely fantastic service…Thanks, New World Bistro! Smile

Throughout dinner, we all had such a great time chatting away about everything and anything…

and clearly I need to work on my photography skills with people and not food in dim lighting…

Yikes! Eye rolling smile Ohh well, ya’ll get the picture.

Such a fun night!! Thanks to everyone who came out!

******************************

Fast forward to this morning…

After sleeping in for a little bit, Jay and I woke up and got right to work on breakfast. He took care of the eggs while I took care of the toast and coffee…obviously, I had a tough job.

2 slices of whole wheat toast with PB & J + scrambled eggs

No crazy fix-ins today, just a little dried basil and some ketchup. Yummmm. Smile

Once my food digests, I’m hoping to work up some motivation for a run. But for right now, I’m really enjoying the relaxing-in my-pj’s-and-reading-magazines kinda morning I’m having. Smile

Question for the Day:

What’s on your agenda for today??

1 Melissa February 12, 2011 at 10:30 am

That pizza looks insane! YUM!!!

I’m looking at a workout, cookie baking, & a little black dress party with a friend later on. Nice little Saturday, if I do say so myself! Have a great weekend, Courtney!
Melissa recently posted..I’m in Love with a Stripper

2 Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun February 12, 2011 at 10:37 am

This makes me want to organize another Atlanta meet up asap!
Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun recently posted..What is That!!

3 fsugirl! February 12, 2011 at 10:57 am

I love your mug! Where’d you get it?? :D Looks like a fun time!

4 Erin @ The Grass Skirt February 12, 2011 at 11:00 am

All of that food looked amazing! Today I taught a class at the local health food store and now I am off to run errands with my husband. Have a great weekend!
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Sushi in a Bowl

5 Peggy February 12, 2011 at 11:21 am

That New World Bistro sounds fantastic! And I love that you all received fabulous service!

6 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 12, 2011 at 11:30 am

That food looks incredible! I love specialty pizzas!

I’m enjoying a lazy morning as well with magazines! Just found a GREAT deal at mamapedia.com’s sweet deals for Oprah’s magazine for a year for just $5 with the code Oprah5 yayyy! I love magazines!
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..What so proudly we watched

7 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. February 12, 2011 at 11:34 am

I’m definitely going to try to make it to more CDNY blogger meet-ups when I’m home for the summer :) Looks like you ladies had a great time last night!
Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. recently posted..More Goodies – This Time Larabar!

8 Olivia February 12, 2011 at 11:58 am

Oh my goodness, I’m so happy I found your blog!!! It looks like you had such a FUN NIGHT and the foods (especially that pizza!) all look soooo delicious my mouth’s watering! Can’t wait to read more of your blog; I’m adding you to my reader!

9 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 12, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Yum that pizza looks good!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..marriage considerations

10 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 12, 2011 at 2:08 pm

So fun! On my agenda? Friends, tacos, my fiance’s (coaching) basketball game, frozen yogurt – all with friends! :) Enjoy your day!

11 Stacie February 12, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I’m going to see ‘Just Go With It’ with some friends. I haven’t seen a good comedy in awhile so I’m hoping my girl Jennifer doesn’t disappoint!
Stacie recently posted..Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day

12 Alexa @ Simple Eats February 12, 2011 at 3:24 pm

That pizza looks fabulous! There’s a restaurant in Rhinebeck called GIgi’s which is about over an hour from you, and where I used to live. They have the BEST flat bread pizza with fig jam, prosciutto, balsamic drizzle and arugula. You must make the trip. Have a good weekend!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..MORE chocolate

13 Courtney February 12, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Yummmm! That sounds great, thanks for the recommendation! :)

14 Marg February 12, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Blogger meetups always look like so much fun. I had a pizza kinda like that and it was amazing! I’m now craving it again. It was fig jam, gorgonzola, proscuitto and carmalized onions. If you want to see my recreation it’s at this link: http://www.runningoncupcakes.com/?p=206
It’s really easy to make at home.

15 Courtney February 12, 2011 at 4:02 pm

That looks AMAZING!!!

16 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 12, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Yum!! Looks like an amazing dinner!!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..One Week

17 CaSaundra February 12, 2011 at 8:07 pm

You’re really lucky you live so close to all of those blogging ladies–looks like a blast!

18 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] February 12, 2011 at 9:52 pm

That fig pizza sounds like the most delectable thing on EARTH!
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..A Lesson for Me- A Lesson for You

19 Tess April 23, 2011 at 10:25 am

Thanks for the post on New World! I’m coming home this weekend to spend time with my family and remembered you had reviewed it, and I totally looked it up again to see what you had said!

20 Courtney April 23, 2011 at 10:32 am

Awesome! Hope it helped :)