So Many Goodies Today!

by Courtney on February 13, 2011

What a GREAT Sunday!

Jay and I started off by heading to the mall, since I had a few things to return. Once the returns were taken care of, we both managed to do a little shopping damage…

I picked up this new scarf and a thin off-white belt from American Eagle.

IMG_0310IMG_0317

Which, as a side note…I have not been in this store in a while, and Jay and I both felt EXTREMELY old! Disappointed smile

Then I hit up Express and successfully used my fast cash and a birthday gift card (thanks, Brian & Mal!) on a few new shirts.

IMG_0314IMG_0316

The orange shirt was on sale, so that means you get two. Winking smile

Then, Jay and I happened to be walking by Gertrude Hawk

source

and the magnetic force was enough to immediately draw us IN…which resulted in us walking OUT definitely not empty handed.

A milk chocolate caramel apple with LOTS of sprinkles!

And a dark chocolate covered Rice Krispy treat, topped with more milk chocolate, white chocolate, and mini peanut butter cups. Yes, mini peanut butter cups.

Our stipulation for buying the goodies was that we can’t open them until tomorrow for Valentine’s Day. So far we’ve been successful…but it’s not easy.

Next up, we finally headed to the movies!!

We saw Just Go With It, and Jay and I both agreed that it was a great movie. We’d highly recommend!

I managed to sneak in some movie snacks, which we both nibbled on between laughs. Shhhh, don’t tell anyone. Winking smile

By the time the movie was over, we were both starving, so we headed down the road to Panera and used one of our Christmas gift cards. Nothin’ like a free meal, right??

Jay and I shared a Bacon Turkey Bravo (sans bacon for me) and a Frontega Chicken Panini.

They were both equally delish, and I think we probably both inhaled them in about 10 minutes flat.

Luckily, we both saved enough room for our last (and my favorite) pit stop of the day…

Fro-Yo from Plum Dandy!!!! Open-mouthed smileRolling on the floor laughing

It’s been quite a while since I last had some fro-yo in my life, so I went all out:

Vanilla + Reese’s Peanut Butter cup fro-yo, topped with caramel, cookie dough, peanut butter cups, some mini white chocolate chips, and a few brownie pieces,. There may have been more, but I can’t remember…

…hey, don’t judge me. I lack willpower when it comes to this stuff! Embarrassed smile

I can’t believe the weekend is over already…did it go by super fast for anyone else???

Well, fast or slow, I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Open-mouthed smile

Question for the Evening:

What was the highlight of YOUR weekend??

1 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 13, 2011 at 8:58 pm

You had such a fun day! The highlight of my weekend was running a 5K today for a personal best of 28:56! It was so much fun :)

2 fsugirl! February 15, 2011 at 7:43 pm

congrats!! :D

3 christina February 13, 2011 at 9:04 pm

AE will randomly impress me sometimes. i love that scarf!
christina recently posted..Weekend Update- Rue de Jean and 80s Prom

4 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 13, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Reese’s peanut butter cup fro yo?! That sounds amazing!

Yesterday was my 5k for my training for the half and I walked (err hobbled) away with a new PR! Yay!
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..What so proudly we watched

5 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 13, 2011 at 9:12 pm

What a fun day! We have some homemade pizza in the oven now and will enjoy it with some wine. We also have ice cream sundaes with strawberries and chocolate syrup on the agenda for later!
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Recipe Snobby Joes

6 kathryn February 13, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I feel really old when I go into American Eagle also….highlight of the weekend: sushi with a good friend.

7 Stacie February 13, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I saw ‘Just Go With It’ too! I loved it! My highlight was probably the 10 mile bike ride I took with some old childhood friends of mine today.
Stacie recently posted..Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day

8 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 13, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Looks like a great day! The highlight of my weekend was probably sleeping in and making a leisurely breakfast, and seeing Casablanca!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Flashback Friday

9 Emily February 13, 2011 at 10:30 pm

aw, what a great afternoon/evening! I love the stuff you got, those shirts from Express are adorable :)

I LOVE GERTRUDE HAWK! I wish I was exaggerating when I say that it takes all of my willpower to not sneak down there during my break at work every day, lol. I also wish I was exaggerating when I say I definitely have driven 40 minutes to just go to Saratoga for frozen yogurt from Plum Dandy. :-O
Emily recently posted..Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

10 Celina February 13, 2011 at 10:42 pm

that candy apple looks DELISH! happy valentines day:)
Celina recently posted..MODEL MUST READ

11 Tina February 13, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Cute buys! I’m surprised that you liked Just go with it! It didn’t see too funny from the trailers, but I will probably wait until it comes out on video to rent it. Tomorrow my boyfriend has off so we will be spending Vday together! I can’t wait!
Tina recently posted..Healthy Valentines Day Recipes

12 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 13, 2011 at 11:19 pm

This weekend went by WAY too fast but it was amazing! Today I got to cheer on another blogger running her first MARATHON! :D It was super exciting and I’m so proud of her!

13 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 13, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I really want to see that movie!!! That apple looks unbelievable!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Valentines Shmalentines

14 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy February 13, 2011 at 11:56 pm

I can’t wait to see Just Go With It! I saw the Justin Bieber movie today with the kiddos though! It was actually really good! :)

15 Grace February 14, 2011 at 12:21 am

I had such a great weekend it’s hard to pick what was my favorite thing!
Grace recently posted..Run for Boobies!

16 Karen February 14, 2011 at 7:34 am

Looks like a really fun day! The highlight of my weekend was dinner out with the family on Saturday night. I love family dinners!
Karen recently posted..Love is…

17 Erin @ The Grass Skirt February 14, 2011 at 8:28 am

Looks like you had an awesome weekend! The highlight of mine was getting a new bed and all new kitchen appliances! LOL.
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Valentine’s Day Love

18 CaSaundra February 14, 2011 at 8:31 am

Wow looks like you had an awesome day! You can never go wrong with shopping, chocolate, and fro-yo in my book! :-)

19 Holly February 14, 2011 at 10:26 am

CUTE shirts! I love them :)
I do the same thing- buy two of the same shirt, but in different colors! Hey, if they fit great, then why not?! :)
Also- that fro yo looks awesome- so glad you got it! I laughed SO hard when I read your comment about ‘you might just turn into a fro yo!!’ hahahaha :D
Holly recently posted..Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Muffins

20 Melissa February 14, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Wow, you weren’t kidding! SO many kinds of goodies! Good for you!

My weekend highlights were pole dancing class & a Little Black Dress party–hard to choose just one highlight! It was a fun weekend! :D
Melissa recently posted..I’m in Love with a Stripper

21 Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds February 20, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Your day looks pretty perfect to me. Shopping + Fro Yo! Yah baby!! I can surprisingly always find something at AE. They have great accessories, aka your adorbz scarf!