Wonderful Waffles

by Courtney on February 13, 2011

Sundays are good for so many things.

For example, breaking out the waffle maker…

And making a decadent batch of waffles!

I used a pancake/waffle mix that we’ve had in the cabinet for a while now to make the waffles. They were really simple – only needed to add water, egg, and a tbsp of oil.

But what made these waffles extra special were my toppings: sliced banana, chopped pecans, and a drizzle of light maple syrup. It was my attempt to recreate the similar combo that rocked my socks back in Las Vegas this past August. Not quite as good, but definitely delish! Smile

Jay opted out of today’s toppings…he clearly didn’t know what he was missing. Winking smile

I enjoyed my waffles with some coffee, of course. Smile

*And for those of you who have asked, my mug is actually from Kirkland’s, which Jay got for me for Christmas. I love Kirkland’s!!

After letting our waffles digest, Jay and I also took advantage of our free time on this Sunday to get our groove on… Winking smile

We had such a fun time dancing our faces off last weekend that we just had to go buy it. We battled out probably half a dozen songs this morning, and let me tell you…it really works up a sweat! Not to mention the fact that it’s great for providing some laughs. Smile

So since I was already sweaty after dancing, I figured I’d keep the sweat going, and did the Jillian Michael’s 6 Week Six-Pack Abs workout. I’m still sticking with my plan on doing this workout 3 times a week for the next six weeks…we’ll see how it goes!

Time to go shower up so Jay and I can head out for the day!

Question for the Day:

Waffles or Pancakes? Favorite combo??

1 aubrey @ italktofood February 13, 2011 at 12:20 pm

mmm i’d go for the waffles. I love peanut butter and blackberry syrup on my waffles.
You’re look delicious!
aubrey @ italktofood recently posted..Weekend Eats

2 Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) February 13, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Both! Sometimes I’m in a pancake mood, sometimes a waffle mood! Your waffle toppings look so good….he definitely did not know what he was missing!
Melissa (MelissaLikesToEat) recently posted..1414 yesterday…Sweet and Sour Chicken

3 J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) February 13, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Definitely waffles with PB+J! :)
J3nn (Jenn’s Menu and Lifestyle Blog) recently posted..Two Eggs in a Pod

4 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) February 13, 2011 at 12:54 pm

PANCAKES all the way!! Although I only say that because I’ve never had waffles…but hey yours look delish!! Must invest in a waffle iron soon! :D
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Thirty Day Thursday and cookie dough balls

5 Olivia February 13, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I lovvvve waffles! (and pancakes!) My favorite combo is just straight up chocolate chips with butter spread into each little hole:) So So So yummy! ahh, I want waffles now! :)
Olivia recently posted..PB&J Stuffed French Toast!

6 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 13, 2011 at 1:03 pm

I love both – but waffles win in the end. Yours looked great!

7 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 13, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Waffles. :) I love them with PB and jam!

8 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 13, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Waffles all the way!!! They hold more “stuff” in their little waffley holes that I love :)
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..What so proudly we watched

9 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. February 13, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I really want to get that Just Dance game! I saw it at the mall yesterday but didn’t want to spend the money :(
Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. recently posted..More Goodies – This Time Larabar!

10 Melissa February 13, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I’m a pancake girl, but your waffles are making me hesitate! I can’t believe Jay passed on the toppings. He is clearly a madman!
Melissa recently posted..I’m in Love with a Stripper

11 Tracy @ Commit To Fit February 13, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I love them both, with bananas! I have to get Just Dance, it is so much fun :)
Tracy @ Commit To Fit recently posted..Going Vegan- Day 6- Food and Fitness

12 Stacie February 13, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Mmm I am not sure I can choose! Waffles are great because they have those little crispy crevices for the syrup to get trapped in, but pancakes like little sponges with the syrup. It’s a tie! Either way- through some chocolate chips in and I’m a happy girl!
Stacie recently posted..Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day

13 Alexa @ Simple Eats February 13, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Pancakes, if they’re pumpkin or have chocolate chips in them…yummm
But I do love a good Belgian waffle with extra whipped cream!
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..MORE chocolate

14 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) February 13, 2011 at 5:34 pm

The toppings make all the difference in the world!!

I don’t think I could pick between waffles or pancakes–both are delish!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Snap- Crackle- POP

15 Emma February 13, 2011 at 7:50 pm

ooooh waffles! aint had them in ages tho!
Emma recently posted..The Black Door

16 Cara February 13, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I am more of a pancake girl…. blueberry pancake girl. Those waffles look amazing! Great choices on the toppings!

17 Karen February 13, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I love both but I would probably choose waffles over pancakes. I love how the crevices on waffles can fill up with the wonderful toppings!
Karen recently posted..Arooga’s

18 Charlie February 13, 2011 at 8:17 pm

I love both, but I do prefer waffles ;). I mostly go for pancakes at home & waffles when I eat out :).
Charlie recently posted..White Chocolate &amp Orange Fondue