Did I Just Hear…?

by Courtney on February 14, 2011

Soooo, it’s Valentine’s Day, and even though hubby and I don’t celebrate with overpriced flowers and chocolates, we do still have a special home cooked dinner planned for this evening.

That being said, my special Valentine deserves all of my attention tonight, so I’m going to give you all a quick recap of today’s eats. I mean, I can’t totally leave you all hangin’ – I think of all of YOU as my valentines, too!

Breakfast

Quaker Oatmeal Squares + Multigrain Cheerios + banana slices + vanilla almond milk

Along with my always-predictable mug-o-joe. Winking smile

Lunch

A veggie-licious salad (aka, whatever we had left in the fridge…today was grocery day)

In here we got some romaine, broccoli, roasted red peppers, and a crumbled up Morningstar Farms veggie burger (which I think must have had carrots in it…it left my tummy grumblin…)

Topped with a dollop of roasted red pepper hommus – a perfect substitute for salad dressing! It makes everything so nice and creamy. Smile

Some 3:00 snackage. By the way…this Black Cherry Chobani is killerrrrrr!

I’m so glad I had this to help keep me from indulging in the enormous amount of ice cream sundaes that were happening in my classroom for Valentine’s Day. I am happy to say that I was able to resist 100%. Now that’s a victory if I do say so myself! Open-mouthed smile

But now if you’ll excuse me, I’m pretty sure I just heard a champagne bottle pop…

Oh boy, would you look at that…I sure did hear some bubbly!

Tonight’s gonna be a good night!! Open-mouthed smile

I’ll be sure to fill ya’ll in on our special dinner tomorrow. Winking smile

Red heartHappy Valentine’s Day to all my special Valentines out there! Red heart

1 briana February 14, 2011 at 6:47 pm

looks like you are going to have a great night, I unfortunately have strep throat that has kept me on the couch for 2 days so my fiance and I have to postpone our special dinner ! So sad those darn kids!

2 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 14, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Enjoy that champagne! :)
Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles recently posted..Recipe Snobby Joes

3 vvvv February 14, 2011 at 7:08 pm

i want Valentine’s Day gift.. i m solo

4 fsugirl! February 14, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day!! You are so sweet to let us read all about your life!! Have a great night! :D

5 Lauren February 14, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Champagne and strawberries are the best!!!
Lauren recently posted..White Chocolate Cranberry Almond Bark Love

6 Holly February 14, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day :D
The black cherry Chobani is my new favorite flavor– sooo good!
I hope you & Jay have a wonderful night!
Holly recently posted..Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Muffins

7 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 14, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I hadn’t even thought about champagne! How fun! I think we actually have some on hand that we just couldn’t think of a good occasion to pop open. I think Valentine’s Day qualifies :)
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..What so proudly we watched

8 Melissa February 14, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Way to go resisting that ice cream! Victory for sure! ;)

Hope you & Jay had a wonderful evening together!
Melissa recently posted..I’m in Love with a Stripper

9 Stephanie @cookinfanatic February 14, 2011 at 9:01 pm

hope you guys have a wonderful evening and a delicious dinner!

how much do you love the new Chobani flavors?!?! they are awesome. have you seen the new commercial that just aired today?—- starring yours truly (still can’t believe it)!!! just wanted to let you know since I love your blog and also know how much you like the Cho :)
Stephanie @cookinfanatic recently posted..The Big Reveal!!!

10 Courtney February 14, 2011 at 9:18 pm

That’s AWESOME!! I had seen comments floating around on Twitter that there was someone in a Chobani commercial, but I had no idea it was YOU!! Congrats!
Hey, any way you could hint to them that there’s another fellow Chobani lover out here that wants in on the fun!?!? ;)

11 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 14, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Oooooh champagne and chocolate :) Enjoy your evening!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Things I LOVE About Today

12 HW February 14, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Love reading your blog daily!
Your valentines night looks perfect.

Random q for ya: do you measure your cereal for serving sizes?

13 Courtney February 15, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I absolutely do – otherwise, I’d probably be eating at least 4 servings at a time!

14 christina February 14, 2011 at 11:14 pm

champagne?!!? so jealous. happy vday!
christina recently posted..Weekend Update- Rue de Jean and 80s Prom