Our Valentine’s Dinner In

by Courtney on February 15, 2011

Wellll, another Valentine’s Day come and gone, but I’m very tempted to say that it may just have been one of my favorites!

After we poured ourselves a little champagne from our $4.99 bottle (I don’t care what they say…the cheap stuff ROCKS!)

We got to work on dinner. I took care of the main course, while Jay handled our side dish, and I definitely gave both of us two thumbs up! Thumbs upThumbs up

Jay made another batch of his glorious garlic green beans.

And I searched through my recipes page until I finally found something I wanted to make:

Ricotta, Spinach, & Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken

This is definitely a great mid-week meal, and looks like it could be a lot more complicated to make than it really is.

The pieces were pretty large, so I immediately cut mine I half, and saved it for another time.

I couldn’t fill up solely on dinner…there was dessert to be had! Open-mouthed smile

We did it! We successfully held off on eating our goodies until last night, and I can honestly say it was totally worth the wait.

Chocolate + Caramel Apple with festive sprinkles

Dark Chocolate Covered Rice Krispy Treat topped with mini Peanut Butter Cups (which has now got me thinking I need to experiment a little more with these at home!)

Jay and I definitely dominated our goodies in no time flat. Absolutely incredible!

As you can see, there was a strict dress code for last night’s Valentine’s dinner in: Cozies ONLY! Winking smile

And pretty shortly after finishing our sugar-laden treats, we ended up on the couch looking a lot like this guy…

I also got a really FUN surprise from the hubby, which was DEFINITELY a surprise seeing as though we don’t usually do much more than buy each other a card for V-Day…

But I’ll have to fill ya’ll in on that later tonight because I’m rushing out the door! Open-mouthed smile

Question for the Day:

What would be your favorite caramel apple topping combo??

Oreos? Nuts? Oodles and oodles of chocolate?? Winking smile

1 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 15, 2011 at 8:16 am

That peanut butter rice krispie treat looks uh-maze-ing! Mmmm Please feel free to experiment with recipes on that one and keep me posted! :) Glad you had a great Valentine’s Day!!
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..What so proudly we watched

2 Ally (oatsandspice) February 15, 2011 at 8:21 am

Wow that apple looks amazing – did you make it?!
Ally (oatsandspice) recently posted..Vitalicious Valentines GIVEAWAY

3 Courtney February 15, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Nope, I wish I did! We got it from Gertrude Hawk

4 Tina February 15, 2011 at 8:21 am

What a sweet Valentine’s Day! It looks so cozy, romantic and delicious!
Tina recently posted..Valentines Day 2011

5 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 15, 2011 at 8:24 am

You could just give me champagne and chocolate for dinner and I’d be set!! I think I like my apples best covered in about sixty layers of chocolate :)
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Things I LOVE About Today

6 Blog is the New Black February 15, 2011 at 8:27 am

That chicken is a FAVORITE of mine from your page. Great meal for V-day!
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Chocolate Nutella Alfajores

7 Amy B @ Second City Randomness February 15, 2011 at 9:17 am

Is that Andre I spy? My mom loves that stuff for holidays…
Amy B @ Second City Randomness recently posted..Just So Wild

8 Courtney February 15, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Hahaha, it sure IS Andre! ;)

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 15, 2011 at 9:20 am

Those desserts look AMAZING!!! :D My favorite carmel apple combo is sprinkles and chocolate- just like you had! ;)

10 Alyssa Kuminski February 15, 2011 at 9:20 am

I am excited to see what you got :)
Your desserts look SO SO good. Where are they from?
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Love is in the Air

11 Courtney February 15, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Gertrude Hawk. AMAZE-BALLS!

12 CaSaundra February 15, 2011 at 10:21 am

A night in is usually more enjoyable for Valentine’s Day in my book!! Can’t wait to hear what you got :-)

13 Emily February 15, 2011 at 10:23 am

I loveeeeee sun dried tomatoes! I discovered my love for them this summer, and ever since, I will practically order anything on the menu at restaurants that has sun dried tomatoes, lol. I will definitely have to try to make that yummy chicken :)
Emily recently posted..Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

14 briana February 15, 2011 at 10:28 am

Quick unrelated question Courtney, I have been sick for three days and havent been able to get a workout in (I’m literally tied to my couch) I’m going stir-crazy do you have tips about not working out while sick? Its driving me nuts!

15 Courtney February 15, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Awww no, I’m so sorry! :(
Usually when it comes to working out when I’m sick, I try to gauge just how much physical activity I can handle. Although, since you said you’re tied to your couch, it sounds like you should still be taking it easy!
Until you’re starting to feel better, maybe you could try a few yoga stretches? A couple other favorites of mine, which are low impact are chair dips, ab contractions (do it while you’re sitting on the couch!) or leg lifts on the floor. It’s not much, but until you’re feeling better, will hopefully help with the stir-craziness! Feel better!!!

16 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 15, 2011 at 11:12 am

ah you kept us hanging with the surprise!!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Flashback Friday

17 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 15, 2011 at 11:31 am

That looks like the best dessert ever!
We celebrated our Valentine’s Day on Sunday night, and comfy clothes were a must.
Can’t wait to hear about this surprise! :)

18 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 15, 2011 at 11:45 am

I’m glad we weren’t the only ones with a strict “sweats only” policy after we got home :)

19 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) February 15, 2011 at 11:52 am

you are so so cute!! i dont even eat chicken and that dinner looks good!!!!! fav apple topping would have to be… hot fudge and peanut butter!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..The Big Carb Debate…

20 Shayla February 15, 2011 at 11:53 am

That dessert looks delish!! I hope you recreate something like that ;)

This is totally random but I thought of you the other day when at Trader Joe’s I saw that they came out with a Peanut Butter cream cheese!!! Just like the Pumpkin cream cheese you had gotten only this is with peanut butter! It’s so delicious and it has little bits of peanuts in it. If you can get to a TJ’s soon I suggest you try it! :)

21 Courtney February 15, 2011 at 8:09 pm

OH.MY.GOSH. I REALLY wish I had a TJ’s nearby because that sounds AMAZING!!!
Perhaps we could work out a trade?!? ;)

22 Shayla February 15, 2011 at 8:23 pm

It is so amazing and I would love to work out a trade with you!!! It’s absolutely delicious and because you’re a lover of PB like me, I know how much you’d appreciate it and you must try it, so I would be more than happy to ship a couple to you!! ;)

Email me at shaylacarin@yahoo.com or send me a message on Facebook (I’m a friend of yours) so we can work out the deets!

23 Shayla February 15, 2011 at 8:27 pm

And maybe in return I can get one of your fresh baked goodies from the one and only?!?! ;)

24 Courtney February 15, 2011 at 10:00 pm

HAHAHA, just saw this AFTER I emailed you…

25 Lauren February 15, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I. Am. So. Jealous. Of. That. Apple.
Lauren recently posted..White Chocolate Cranberry Almond Bark Love

26 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 15, 2011 at 12:37 pm

We rocked out in our sweats last night too – no shame!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..&lt3 breakfast for two &lt3

27 Stacie February 15, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Your chicken looks AMAZING!

Love that y’all rocked the sweats – that is true love!
Stacie recently posted..Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day

28 Chicago Cuisine Critique February 15, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Sounds like the perfect evening to me. :)
Chicago Cuisine Critique recently posted..All You Need Is Love- Day 7 &amp 8

29 Michelle (The Runner's Plate) February 15, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I don’t often crave chicken, but that looks delicious! My husband and I also had a date night “in,” which was fine by us!
Michelle (The Runner’s Plate) recently posted..Snap- Crackle- POP

30 Cara February 15, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Those rice krispies look amazing!!! And so does your dinner, it looks like you had a wonderful night!

31 Grace February 15, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Looks like a great night! I don’t know if I’ve ever seen champagne that cheap? I think it’s usually been at least 8 dollars? I prefer sparkling grape juice it’s $2.99!
Grace recently posted..Changed