My Cuddle Buddy

by Courtney on February 16, 2011

There are some days where I get so excited just to come home and cuddle up with my little buddy Cody. It’s hard to believe, looking back at old pictures, that he actually used to BE LITTLE…

DSC01669DSC01635

Poor little guy had a rough start at life! If you’re new to the blog, then you may want to check out Cody’s Story. ( <– That was actually one of my first posts ever on STSL!)

DSC01690

I mean, don’t get me wrong – I love my buddy every day, but today was one of those days where I pulled into the driveway and immediately found him waiting ever-so-patiently for me in the window. He may not be little anymore, but he sure is a cutie! Smile

Especially when he plays all night long with his favorite water jug top toy…

…and ends up passing right out from exhaustion.

Tough life, huh? Winking smile

*******************************

Now it’s time to share some yummy eats for today!

Breakfast

2 lightly toasted Van’s Lite Waffles, topped with a PB + pumpkin combo, some raisins, and a drizzle of light maple syrup.

In case you hadn’t noticed, I really love Van’s waffles. Winking smile

Lunch

An oldie, but a goodie!

A vanilla Chobani fruit parfait, mixed with some strawberries and blueberries.

And since I’m out of granola (GASP!) I created a little mixture of my own, using Multigrain Cheerios, broken up TJ’s cat cookies, and 1 tbsp wheat germ.

It wasn’t the same as granola, but it definitely added that “crunch” that I crave with my yogurt combos.

Some veggies on the side (notice the wonderful, bright shade of orange missing from that bag…) Sad smile

I ended up saving my Clif Z Bar until right before my afternoon date at the GYM.

Speaking of which…

Workout

Today’s workout was a glorious 2.25 miles worth of intervals on the elliptical, followed by a BodyPump class. I’ll admit – I’m kinda getting bored with Release 76 and wish my gym would get their butt movin’ with Release 77! Eye rolling smile

Dinner

Homemade pizzaaaaaaaaa! Open-mouthed smile

I really had no rhyme or reason as to the toppings I chose for tonight’s pizza. I basically looked through the fridge and took out anything that sounded good, regardless of whether or not it sounded like it would go well with the others.

My Trader Joe’s whole wheat crust was topped with some garlic, oregano, sliced tomatoes, roasted red peppers, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, reduced-fat mozzarella & cheddar cheeses, and a couple small globs of low-fat ricotta.

I enjoyed two slices out of our eight-cut pizza, along with a simple side salad.

Which I must tell you, was topped with my current dressing obsession: Ken’s Lite Northern Italian with Basil & Romano. It is out of this worrrrrld!

A deeeLISH dinner, indeed!

Now I have to hurry up and finish, since I had a bet with the hubby that I would finish by 8:00. It’s 7:57, baby! I WINNN!!! Open-mouthed smile

Question for the Evening:

Do you consider yourself a competitive person??

1 Molly Carter February 16, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Pizza night is the BEST!

2 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 16, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I’m SUPER competitive. I’m horrible with song lyrics and we just had a bet about the song, “Hot Child in the City.” I won!!! And now I won’t let him forget it ;)
Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl recently posted..What so proudly we watched

3 Cynthia (It All Changes) February 16, 2011 at 8:12 pm

The love a pet…so sweet.

Peanut freaks out when I come home. Like she has been deprived of attention for years. She won’t stop jumping and whining until she can lick my face and have her belly rubbed.
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..How Did You Know

4 tj February 16, 2011 at 8:14 pm

I think its part of male DNA so yes, most definitely.

5 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 16, 2011 at 8:15 pm

i love TJ’s Cat Cookies! :D

I am super competitive about…well everything. Even stupid things like staring contests. ;)

6 christina February 16, 2011 at 8:19 pm

My kitty, Oggie, loves those plastic rings too! They are all over the house.

As for competitiveness. Oh, yeah, baby. Bring it! I was an athlete in high school and college. My body is getting old, but the the competitiveness is still there.

Anyone for a game of HORSE?
christina recently posted..Random

7 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 16, 2011 at 8:23 pm

ah love the old pics of cody!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Flashback Friday

8 Melissa February 16, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Awe, kitty Cody makes me want one of my own! Too bad my whole family is crazy allergic!

Um, yes, I am just a wee bit competitive, but more with myself than with other people. I am constantly trying to beat my personal best & am totally motivated by that, rather than comparing myself to others. But then again, I do really like it when I win at board games . . . ;)
Melissa recently posted..On Flaws

9 fsugirl! February 16, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Cody is adorable!! I’m not a cat person at all and I.WANT.HIM!! :D I’m also CRAZY competitive about the most ridiculous things. :D

10 Tracy @ Commit To Fit February 16, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Love homemade pizza! I think I was more competitive when I was younger. Now I just do what I do for me :)
Tracy @ Commit To Fit recently posted..Building a Better Blogger for Fitness Professionals

11 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie February 16, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I dont consider myself a competitive person but it might be because I’ve never played sports. Your pizza looks AMAZING!
alyssa – fashion fitness foodie recently posted..White- no more…

12 Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. February 16, 2011 at 8:48 pm

As soon as I started reading this, my cat came running up into my lap. Maybe she saw the picture of Cody and it was love at first sight ;)
Christina @ Food.Fun.Fabulous. recently posted..Valentine’s Weekend 2011

13 CaSaundra February 16, 2011 at 8:48 pm

We used to have an orange cat too–his name was Peaches. He lived to be 15!! :-) Aren’t they the best?? And I will have to give that salad dressing a try!

p.s. Could you take a minute and vote for my Pink Velvet POM cupcake here: http://www.pomwonderful.com/cupcakecontest/
And spread the word if you’d like!! Thanks a million!!

14 Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) February 16, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I loooove that salad dressing! I almost always add parmesan to my salad, but with that dressing, I can totally skip it and it’s still great.

I’m super competitive — I like to think I’ve gotten better about it in recent years, but I’m still pretty competitive :)
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Dark Chocolate Dipped POM-Orange Cocoa Cupcakes

15 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 16, 2011 at 9:26 pm

We just used some TJ’s pizza dough on Sunday night – so good!

16 Karen February 16, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Love the pictures of Cody as a kitten! My cat is always so excited to see me when I get home too! He’s never excited for the hubby though…just me and the kids.
Karen recently posted..Getting Better

17 Alexa @ SimpleEats February 16, 2011 at 9:38 pm

YES even with little things like who can get to the car faster, who can finish a cupcake first…that’s a fun one :)
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Rise and Shine

18 Stacie February 16, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Your breakfast was identical to mine! Van’s waffles are seriously my favorite! Have you tried their french toast yet?
Stacie recently posted..Well- my winter has officially been jammed

19 Courtney February 16, 2011 at 9:47 pm

No, I haven’t?!? Is it awesome??!?!

20 Stacie February 16, 2011 at 9:49 pm

I love it! It’s not super filling, so I don’t get it often, but it has a great cinnamon flavor.
Stacie recently posted..Well- my winter has officially been jammed

21 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 16, 2011 at 10:06 pm

You’re cat is adorable!! I’m very competitive…that’s what drives my dance career!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Naked

22 Courtney February 17, 2011 at 8:11 am

I really miss dancing! I danced for 18 years, tap and jazz. :)

23 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 16, 2011 at 10:12 pm

1. I really need to step up my game and buy some Van’s waffles
2. That pizza looks absolutely amazing!
3. I’m so not competitive! But I’m certainly not apathetic.
4. So glad we’re following each other on Twitter now! :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Oh- What a Night

24 Courtney February 17, 2011 at 8:10 am

YAY! :)

25 Lauren February 16, 2011 at 11:00 pm

OMG! Cody is so adorable! He looks almost exactly like my cat “Rusty” when he was a kitten. We have pictures of him sitting inside my husband’s shoe, and your pic of Cody with the laces reminded me of it :) He will be 8 in April. Time flies!
Lauren recently posted..Valentines Day Around the House

26 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) February 17, 2011 at 2:46 am

Cody is SO cute!! :D

Mmmm that pizza looks YUM!! And I totally hear you on the BodyPump thing!! Just gotta wait till the end of next month…not long now! :)
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..15th February Valentine’s Day

27 Kristina @ Life as Kristina February 17, 2011 at 8:31 am

Cody is so ridic cute!!!!
All your eats look so fresh and yummy-esp that pizza…mouthwatering!!!

28 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 17, 2011 at 9:05 am

AWWWW he is so cute. I want a magical no-grow-up kitten that looks like that forever. Mine were so cute as babies!!

I’ve always been competitive academically, but not with much else. Maybe because school is my forte!!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..The Timekeeper

29 Michelle February 17, 2011 at 10:18 am

Your cat is so cute!!!!

I am definitely competitive, and a simple “I bet you…” is usually enough to get me to do or not do anything. My husband said the other day “I bet you couldn’t go a month without using your Blackberry”. I’m actually considering it, just to prove him wrong.
Michelle recently posted..Better late than never

30 TheBloggersBrother February 17, 2011 at 10:23 am

I am the least competitive person you will ever meet, competition makes me sick!!!

31 Leanne (For Health's Sake) February 17, 2011 at 11:34 am

I was looking at baby pictures of my cat Pebbles last night… and we have our other kitten Emma right now who is still infact, a kitten. They mean the world to me.

Can’t imagine life without those two furballs.
Leanne (For Health’s Sake) recently posted..Cray Cray

32 Liz @ IHeartVegetables February 17, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Oh my gosh I literally want to eat every single food you posted! My goodness! I sometimes use fiber one as a granola replacement. Definitely not the same, but still gives my chobani a nice crunch!

that pizza looks sooo good! Nice work, girl!
Liz @ IHeartVegetables recently posted..Ethiopian Adventures!

33 Megan (Braise The Roof) February 17, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Cody is adorable- and the kitten pictures kill me! Yum, homemade pizza sounds awesome. I think I’m actually going to get pizza for dinner tonight! ;)
Megan (Braise The Roof) recently posted..Every Party Has a Planner…

34 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) February 17, 2011 at 12:47 pm

oh my gosh yourcuddle bunny is TOO cute!!! i am def a competitive person, but i dont go all crazy! i hate people who do that!
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..The Big Carb Debate…