Top O’ The Mornin To Ya

I just slept for 10 hours…yikes!

I have a feeling I will probably now feel tired for the rest of the day. Does that ever happen to anyone else? Too much sleep, and you’re left feeling sluggish??

Hopefully I won’t be left feeling too tired – I’ve got a LOT to do!

So as I mentioned yesterday, Jay and I headed out to dinner at one of our favorites, Jimmy Casey’s. We were smart enough to call ahead and were able to reserve a table in the bar area, which we actually like better than the main dining room.

Almost immediately upon sitting down, we were served some warm bread with dipping oil.

Oh bread, how I adore you. I was able to keep the consumption to one piece though, rather than my typical move of eating half of that loaf. Thumbs up

And I also took part in National Drink Wine Day with a delicious glass of Pinot Grigio.

For my main meal, I ordered the Dublin Salmon, a fresh Atlantic salmon filet, seasoned and grilled to perfection, finished with an Irish cream sauce with spinach and roasted red peppers.

On the side, it came with mashed potatoes with a sweet potato top (my favorite!) and roasted brussels sprouts with a caramelized bacon glaze. This was actually my first attempt ever at brussels sprouts, and I’d say I could probably take ‘em or leave ‘em.

The salmon, on the other hand, was phenomenal. Perfectly cooked, and the sauce it came with was so nice and light, yet full of flavor. I ate every last bite of it! Smile

After dinner, we made a trip Target run so I could pick up some goodies…

Yay for self tanners! I went with the Jergens Natural Glow lotion for both body and face. I’m so excited to see how they turn out.

Jay and I both got really excited when we saw some of the St. Patty’s Day decorations out. We clearly LOVE St. Patty’s Day

IMG_0429IMG_0430

Aaaand, we may or may not be going back to Target today to buy this hatWinking smile

Time to go get crackin’ on our To-Do List for today!!

Question for the Day:

Do you celebrate St. Patty’s Day? Irish, or not!

Comments

St. Patrick’s Day always makes me laugh because when we got married, my sister THOUGHT it was St. Paddy’s Day and her entire toast was Irish themed. It didn’t help that she was in a green dress. Pretty funny!

Your salmon looks amazing!!! Way to partake in a national holiday 😉 Love it!

I am most definitely Irish, so St. Patty’s Day is mandatory!

I rarely get that much sleep, but I can totally relate to the sluggish feeling. What’s up with that? Aren’t you supposed to feel rested??? I, on the other hand, had an awful, fitful sleep last night, but have been buzzing around like a crazy woman being super productive this morning. Riddle me that!
    Melissa recently posted..On Flaws

mashed potatoes with sweet potatoes on top? yuuum! and, i’m not a huge salmon fan, but that dish sounds sooo good!

i used to use the Jergens self-tanner, but i found that when i went running in the summer and sweat a lot, it would…leak. like, i would have orange-tinted sweat running down my arms and legs. not as cool-looking as the gatorade commercials. BUT, i sweat a LOT, so maybe that was the problem! now, if i want to use a self-tanner, i use loreal sublime bronze tanning gel – the gel goes on smoother and more evenly and it doesn’t have as weird of a smell, and i think there’s less of the sweat issue too. either way – at least you’re avoiding the tanning beds & sun!
    Amanda recently posted..Week 40- New workouts- new gear

Courtney, your blogs always cheer me up so much! Love the food and the St Patrick’s hats. My weekend currently: revising for exams :-( so love the distraction of seeing what’s going on over in NY and your general cheerful posts – especially the food. Love the look of that salmon sauce. Re: 10 hours sleep – I say enjoy it guilt-free – if you can, you usually need it (I do!) Because you never know when it might be a stealth way of your body is fighting off a potential illness and keeping your immune system boosted. Good food and exercise are great but I think we ladies really get by on long beauty sleeps… that’s the way we thrive and blossom!

Omg – that hat= Hilarious! You have to get it..please :)
    YES, I always feel that way when I get extra sleep..I actually hate it.Sometimes I will even set my alarm on the weekend to make sure I’m up, but normally I’m up by 7am with no alarm.
    Please let us know what you think of that self tanner. Like I said, I’ve always gone with neutrogena, but I’m always up for trying new products.
    Oh, and mashed potatos & sweet potatos….YUM!
    Holly recently posted..Time for the BEACH!

I do! I’m Irish but I like holidays! I usually make something Irish for dinner and something covered in shamrocks for dessert! I also purchased a cute St. Patty’s Day tee and some little girl shamrock hair bows at Target a while back, I’m ready!
    Grace recently posted..Holiday

7. Lauren says

Every self tanner I have ever used has had some type of a funky smell to it. Jergens was probably the least offensive, but you may want to put it on and night and then shower the smell off in the morning. I also might be just waaaay to smell sensitive :)

Trackbacks