Top O’ The Mornin To Ya

by Courtney on February 19, 2011

I just slept for 10 hours…yikes!

I have a feeling I will probably now feel tired for the rest of the day. Does that ever happen to anyone else? Too much sleep, and you’re left feeling sluggish??

Hopefully I won’t be left feeling too tired – I’ve got a LOT to do!

So as I mentioned yesterday, Jay and I headed out to dinner at one of our favorites, Jimmy Casey’s. We were smart enough to call ahead and were able to reserve a table in the bar area, which we actually like better than the main dining room.

Almost immediately upon sitting down, we were served some warm bread with dipping oil.

Oh bread, how I adore you. I was able to keep the consumption to one piece though, rather than my typical move of eating half of that loaf. Thumbs up

And I also took part in National Drink Wine Day with a delicious glass of Pinot Grigio.

For my main meal, I ordered the Dublin Salmon, a fresh Atlantic salmon filet, seasoned and grilled to perfection, finished with an Irish cream sauce with spinach and roasted red peppers.

On the side, it came with mashed potatoes with a sweet potato top (my favorite!) and roasted brussels sprouts with a caramelized bacon glaze. This was actually my first attempt ever at brussels sprouts, and I’d say I could probably take ‘em or leave ‘em.

The salmon, on the other hand, was phenomenal. Perfectly cooked, and the sauce it came with was so nice and light, yet full of flavor. I ate every last bite of it! Smile

After dinner, we made a trip Target run so I could pick up some goodies…

Yay for self tanners! I went with the Jergens Natural Glow lotion for both body and face. I’m so excited to see how they turn out.

Jay and I both got really excited when we saw some of the St. Patty’s Day decorations out. We clearly LOVE St. Patty’s Day

IMG_0429IMG_0430

Aaaand, we may or may not be going back to Target today to buy this hatWinking smile

Time to go get crackin’ on our To-Do List for today!!

Question for the Day:

Do you celebrate St. Patty’s Day? Irish, or not!

1 Alicia February 19, 2011 at 10:21 am

Ahahah that hat is fabulous! You will have to let me know how the self tanner works! My translucent self needs some magic cream!
Alicia recently posted..Spring Dreams

2 Kristen @ That Hoosier Girl February 19, 2011 at 10:22 am

St. Patrick’s Day always makes me laugh because when we got married, my sister THOUGHT it was St. Paddy’s Day and her entire toast was Irish themed. It didn’t help that she was in a green dress. Pretty funny!

Your salmon looks amazing!!! Way to partake in a national holiday ;) Love it!

3 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) February 19, 2011 at 10:25 am

HAHA hilarious!! Must say you really pull it off well! ;)

And I’m jealous of your 10 hour sleep!! I’ve been getting less than 6 recently…oops! :P
Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) recently posted..Are you jealous yet

4 Erin @ The Grass Skirt February 19, 2011 at 10:37 am

SInce my name is Erin, it is practically mandatory that I celebrate St. Patty’s Day! :) I love that Jergen’s lotion, by the way. It isn’t for the impatient though since the tan is so gradual.
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..Wine and Kettlebells

5 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 19, 2011 at 11:11 am

Cute hat! I love having green beer on St. Patty’s – so fun!

6 Blog is the New Black February 19, 2011 at 11:22 am

Love the hats! ;)
Blog is the New Black recently posted..Strawberry Cupcakes

7 Melissa February 19, 2011 at 11:38 am

I am most definitely Irish, so St. Patty’s Day is mandatory!

I rarely get that much sleep, but I can totally relate to the sluggish feeling. What’s up with that? Aren’t you supposed to feel rested??? I, on the other hand, had an awful, fitful sleep last night, but have been buzzing around like a crazy woman being super productive this morning. Riddle me that!
Melissa recently posted..On Flaws

8 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 19, 2011 at 11:45 am

I’m not Irish, but I’ll take any excuse to drink beer and eat neon green frosting. I always love buying those grocery store cake-like cookies with green frosting and sprinkles on top!

9 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 19, 2011 at 11:53 am

I am excited for St. Patty’s Day! But I’ll be in Costa Rica when it happens! Ahhh!

10 Courtney February 20, 2011 at 12:09 am

LUCKY YOU!!!

11 Charlie February 19, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I always feel tired when I sleep too much!
I would never be able to eat only one piece of bread with oil & balsamic vinegar! Sooo good :)
Charlie recently posted..Fitness Friday- My First Hot Yoga Class

12 Amanda February 19, 2011 at 1:30 pm

mashed potatoes with sweet potatoes on top? yuuum! and, i’m not a huge salmon fan, but that dish sounds sooo good!

i used to use the Jergens self-tanner, but i found that when i went running in the summer and sweat a lot, it would…leak. like, i would have orange-tinted sweat running down my arms and legs. not as cool-looking as the gatorade commercials. BUT, i sweat a LOT, so maybe that was the problem! now, if i want to use a self-tanner, i use loreal sublime bronze tanning gel – the gel goes on smoother and more evenly and it doesn’t have as weird of a smell, and i think there’s less of the sweat issue too. either way – at least you’re avoiding the tanning beds & sun!
Amanda recently posted..Week 40- New workouts- new gear

13 Courtney February 20, 2011 at 12:09 am

Oh gosh, that sounds a little icky! I’ll keep an eye open for that, thanks for the heads up!

14 Sarah May C February 19, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Courtney, your blogs always cheer me up so much! Love the food and the St Patrick’s hats. My weekend currently: revising for exams :-( so love the distraction of seeing what’s going on over in NY and your general cheerful posts – especially the food. Love the look of that salmon sauce. Re: 10 hours sleep – I say enjoy it guilt-free – if you can, you usually need it (I do!) Because you never know when it might be a stealth way of your body is fighting off a potential illness and keeping your immune system boosted. Good food and exercise are great but I think we ladies really get by on long beauty sleeps… that’s the way we thrive and blossom!

15 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 19, 2011 at 3:49 pm

St. Patrick’s Day is one of the biggest holidays I celebrate – and I’m very much Irish! :)
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Oh- What a Night

16 Karen February 19, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I love the hats!!

Hope you have a great weekend!

17 Jess@atasteofconfidence February 19, 2011 at 6:31 pm

bread and oil is heaven!
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Flashback Friday

18 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 19, 2011 at 7:09 pm

That hat is hilarious!!!! I love Jergen’s natural glow! It’s the best!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..California Open 2011

19 Holly February 19, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Omg – that hat= Hilarious! You have to get it..please :)
YES, I always feel that way when I get extra sleep..I actually hate it.Sometimes I will even set my alarm on the weekend to make sure I’m up, but normally I’m up by 7am with no alarm.
Please let us know what you think of that self tanner. Like I said, I’ve always gone with neutrogena, but I’m always up for trying new products.
Oh, and mashed potatos & sweet potatos….YUM!
Holly recently posted..Time for the BEACH!

20 Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] February 19, 2011 at 8:52 pm

I’ve had quite the busy Saturday myself! I’m glad you got a solid 10 hours of sleep to power your weekend :)
Hillary [Nutrition Nut on the Run] recently posted..heart 2 heart

21 Grace February 20, 2011 at 6:24 am

I do! I’m Irish but I like holidays! I usually make something Irish for dinner and something covered in shamrocks for dessert! I also purchased a cute St. Patty’s Day tee and some little girl shamrock hair bows at Target a while back, I’m ready!
Grace recently posted..Holiday

22 fsugirl! February 20, 2011 at 10:08 am

I’m like 110% Irish- so I am PUMPED for it!!! :D

23 Stefanie @TheNewHealthy February 20, 2011 at 10:32 am

I can definitely relate to feeling tired when I sleep too much! Luckily, that didn’t happen today since my son woke me up at 7AM! ;)

24 CaSaundra February 21, 2011 at 8:33 am

I love the looks of those mashed potatoes with the sweet potato top–that’d be fun to remake at home to serve when you have guests :-)

25 Lauren February 21, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Every self tanner I have ever used has had some type of a funky smell to it. Jergens was probably the least offensive, but you may want to put it on and night and then shower the smell off in the morning. I also might be just waaaay to smell sensitive :)