Now You Know My ABC’s

by Courtney on February 23, 2011

I’m addicted…

I kid you not when I say that Cinnamon Chip Scones were probably one of the first three things that popped into my head this morning. (The other 2? “Why is Jay making so much noise right now…?” and “I really need to pee but I’m too lazy to get up.”) Winking smile

To go along with my scone, I enjoyed a black cherry Chobani, which somebody else apparently had his eye on…creeper alert!

And of course, I sipped on my coffee. Mmmmm. Smile

In case you’re wondering, we’ve been brewing Caramel Macchiato coffee from The Fresh Market these past few weeks. It’s probably one of my favorites, but a little pricier so we don’t but it too often.

************

Time to Learn Some ABCs!

Last week I was reading through Gabriela’s blog and absolutely loved her “Alphabet of Gabriela” post! Then yesterday, as I was getting ready to type up my own, I noticed that Julie had read my mind and posted her “ABC’s of PBF.” Great minds think alike! Winking smile

So now, I’m going to go ahead and do my own ABC’s, because really, who doesn’t like learning a little bit more about “the face behind the blog”?!?

Enjoy!

A.   Age: 27

B.    Bed size: Queen…but we need a King. Jay’s a bed hog Winking smile

C.   Chore you hate: Returning cans and bottles

D.   Dogs: They’re cute, but not for me right now. My heart belongs to this guy!

E.  Essential start to your day: My morning mug-o-joe

F.  Favorite color: Purple

G.  Gold or silver: Silver, without a doubt

H.  Height: 5’6 3/4 ” though I always say 5’7” (<—exactly the same as Julie!) Smile

I.   Instruments you play: I played clarinet in 5th grade but hated practicing, so I quit.

J.   Job title: 5th Grade Teacher

K.  Kids: None yet, but definitely in the future!

L.  Live: Just outside of Albany, New York

M. Mom’s name: Pat

N.  Nicknames: Cuppy (I couldn’t pronounce “Courtney” when I was younger and thus called myself “Cuppy”) Coco, Coop, Cupster, Coopinator…yeah, I’m fun Smile

O.  Overnight hospital stays: Luckily, none!

P.  Pet peeve: Not returning phone calls.

Q.  Quote from a movie: “Kinda hot in these rhinos…” (Ace Ventura, Pet Detective)

R.  Righty or Lefty: Righty.

S.   Siblings: One younger brother, Dan

IMG_2092

T.   Time you wake up: Anywhere between 5:15 – 6:00 a.m. on weekdays (depending on if I workout in the AM) and it’s all over the place on weekends.

U.   Underwear: Labeled with everyday of the week…you know I’m sportin’ my “Wednesdays” right now! Winking smile

V.    Vegetables you dislike: Fennel. Eeeeeew…

W.   What makes you run late: My addiction to social media!

X.    X-rays you’ve had: A few. I know I just got some on my teeth though, since I have the bill for them sitting on my desk…

Y.    Yummy food you make: Cupcakes, Cookies, Overnight French Toast

Z.     Zoo animal favorite: I’ve only been to a zoo once, and I’ll have to say chimpanzees. I find them to be incredibly intriguing, and they totally make me laugh! Smile

************

Now it’s YOUR turn! In honor of the ABC’s, I’ll ask those for my own initials. Winking smile

C. What chores do you hate to do?

J. What’s your job title?

H. What’s your height?

1 Amanda February 23, 2011 at 9:49 am

I hate moving the clothes from the washing machine to the dryer. I think it’s just a pain in the neck and the machines should learn how to do it themselves!

My job title is Marketing Manager/Asst.to the President/Office Manager/Sales and Branding Consultant. You name it, I do it.

I’m 5’8″, I think? I don’t even know the last time I checked, but I’m sure I haven’t grown in the past few years.

What a fun post! I might put it on my blog soon.
Amanda recently posted..Thank dog my taxes are done

2 Khushboo February 23, 2011 at 9:50 am

C: hate ironing! And changing the sheets!!
J: Marketing exec
H: 5’3

3 Tina February 23, 2011 at 9:53 am

I love scones, they are one of my favorite breakfast treats! Haha, I love your answer to “U” I am 5’3 (a shorty), a Health Counselor and really dislike cleaning up the mess my boyfriend always makes!
Tina recently posted..Crazy Sexy Diet

4 Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews February 23, 2011 at 9:54 am

I don’t like fennel either! And wow you wake up so early.

5 Jen February 23, 2011 at 9:56 am

C. What chores do you hate to do? – folding laundry! The actually doing of the laundry is ok but the folding is annoying :)

J. What’s your job title? Associate Director of Advancement Research and Consultant

H. What’s your height? 5’1″ (on a good day) ok ok 5″ even.

6 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers February 23, 2011 at 10:00 am

I LOVE the ABC’s!!! I hope more bloggers do this b/c it’s so much fun & I love learning more about the bloggers I love (like you!). :)
Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers recently posted..Chill Music

7 Melissa February 23, 2011 at 10:12 am

C: Scrubbing out the tub. Ugh!
J: 8th grade English teacher
H: 5’5″

Love the pic of you & your mom! So cute!

8 Amanda @ Fashionably Plate February 23, 2011 at 10:19 am

This is such a fun idea! I literally just did the same thing on my blog!
Amanda @ Fashionably Plate recently posted..ABCs of Fashionably Plate

9 Karen February 23, 2011 at 10:19 am

C:I hate cleaning the cat litter (not sure if it’s a chore but I make the hubby do it) :)
J: Meeting & Events Planner
H:5’3 (I’m short)

Enjoy your time off!!

10 Courtney February 23, 2011 at 10:29 am

I have hubby do the cat litter, too! YUCK! :)

11 Liz February 23, 2011 at 10:22 am

These are so fun! I’m definitely with you on the ‘W’…

C: None are very fun, not going to lie :) Although I love the feeling of accomplishment afterward!

J: Market Research Associate

H: 5’5″
Liz recently posted..Cake Batter Yogurt

12 Lisa M831 February 23, 2011 at 10:26 am

C. What chores do you hate to do? I hate doing dishes – the worst job ever!

J. What’s your job title? Group Quality Analyst – whenever you get that recording that says this call may be recorded for quality purposes. that is what I do listen, score and provided feedback on your calls. So yes there are times you are recorded and if I could score some customers they would FAIL!

H. What’s your height? 5’7″ – I actually am
Lisa M831 recently posted..Quick Update

13 Whitney February 23, 2011 at 10:29 am

C: cleaning bathrooms!! :(
J: Auditor for BlueCross BlueShield
H: 5’7

14 Alyssa Kuminski February 23, 2011 at 10:52 am

I hate cleaning dishes after a day of baking/cooking!!

I’m a nanny :)

5’5”
Alyssa Kuminski recently posted..Food Success

15 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 23, 2011 at 10:52 am

Courtney, we are so darn alike! I just did this ABC post yesterday, and I had the same answers for B & E, and I used to play the clarinet – HA!

C:Cleaning the sink – ugh!
J: Development Assistant
H: 5’5″

16 Amy B @ Second City Randomness February 23, 2011 at 10:55 am

I always round up on the height, too. Since I’m usually wearing heels, is anyone really going to know if I’m fibbing? ;)

17 Courtney February 23, 2011 at 10:57 am

Well yes…now I will. ;)

18 Cute~Ella February 23, 2011 at 11:04 am

C. Laundry! Well, really just the sock part and putting it away

J. Policy Consultant

H. 5’6″ plus a little.

Those Cinnamon Chip Scones look amazing. Perhaps I’ll try them out :)
Cute~Ella recently posted..Sweet and Spicy Marinated Red Peppers

19 Courtney February 23, 2011 at 11:10 am

I think you should DEFINITELY try them out! ;)

20 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 23, 2011 at 11:22 am

C: I hate emptying the dishwasher!

J: Student/ Part-Time Blogger ;)

H: 5′ 6 3/4″ almost 5′ 7″!!!

21 Annette Cook February 23, 2011 at 11:24 am

C: Dusting, pah, really dislike it, good job hubbie is a pro at it. His one task at home besides hoovering (mind you he does dust with the hoover, probably why we have no ornaments left!)

J: Artificial Insemination Customer Service Co-ordinator, a mouthful for sure…..

H: 5″6 in flats :)

22 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries February 23, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Chore: Doing the dishes!
J: Grad student/grad assistant/office admin
H: 5’4″

:D
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Dutch Date Night

23 Samantha February 23, 2011 at 12:28 pm

I used to play the clarinet too … and quit because I hated practicing! I love reading your blog – you are so motivating! We have lot’s in common :)

C. I hate cleaning pans that can’t go in the dishwasher!
J. Grad student/Assistant Supervisor
H. 5’6″ – popular height!

24 JaNelle @ mylifeasnickijay.com February 23, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I hate fennel too! I played the flute in Jr High! LOVED IT!

C. What chores do you hate to do? Cleaning bathrooms.. yuck!

J. What’s your job title? Operations Project Manager

H. What’s your height? 5″3 but if I stretch it’s 5″4 – well in my mind at least!

25 Lauren February 23, 2011 at 12:39 pm

C-Folding laundry for sure!

J.-Licensed Practical Nurse

H. 5’5

5th Grade must have been a popular time to quit clarinet!

26 briana February 23, 2011 at 1:37 pm

chore I hate cleaning the bathroom! My job is a special needs assistant teacher and my height is 5″8

27 Jaclyn February 23, 2011 at 1:41 pm

You have seriously had me drooling over those cinna chip scones! I want to make them this weekend!

My abcs……
I hate taking out the garbage, I work in human resources and I’m 5’10 1/2 ” :D
Have a good day (off!)! ;)

28 Cynthia (It All Changes) February 23, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I just wrote this post to go up for the weekend. I love fun facts :-) Not returning calls is a big pet peeve of mine too.
Cynthia (It All Changes) recently posted..Where Have All the Pants Gone

29 Rachel ~ Dressed to Dish February 24, 2011 at 7:49 am

I love this!
Chore – Laundry
Job – ESL Teacher
Height – 5’9
Rachel ~ Dressed to Dish recently posted..Saying “I do”!

30 Lauren (PB&G) February 24, 2011 at 10:49 am

Cleaning the bathroom or dusting

Prime Time Teller

5’7″
Lauren (PB&G) recently posted..Coconut Banana Macaroons

31 Shayla February 24, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I used to play clarinet too! I played in 6th grade but quit b/c my friends didn’t think it was “cool”….Oh the things we do for friends as teenagers!

C: Folding laundry! Especially matching up all the socks!

J: Office Manager