Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

by Courtney on February 25, 2011

Around 2:30 this afternoon, while still lounging around in my pajamas, I figured it was finally time to do something.

So I got my arrss off the couch and did about 40 minutes of yoga from Exercise on Demand. It was nothing crazy, but it felt good to stretch. And feel semi-productive.

After yoga, and despite all the snow falling from the skies today, I started craving a nice cold smoothie like it was nobody’s business.

Call me crazy, I know.

But to be honest, when you have a big, cozy down comforter blanket to cuddle underneath, it really doesn’t matter what you’re drinking. Winking smile

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Serves 1

• 1 frozen banana, sliced
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
  • 1 plain Chobani Greek yogurt
  • 2 tsp peanut (or almond) butter
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 2-3 ice cubes

Throw it all in the blender (liquids first will help it blend better) and enjoy! Smile

Now I’m just waiting patiently for hubby to get home from work in this snowy mess so we can have a relaxing evening in. I’m thinking a movie, my blanket, and cracking open a bottle of wine sound mighty appealing right now! Smile

Hope you all enjoy your Friday night, whatever you may be doing!

1 Lauren @ Hungry Dancer February 25, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Yum! This smoothie sounds delicious!!
Lauren @ Hungry Dancer recently posted..Jamie

2 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 25, 2011 at 5:43 pm

I have been on such a smoothie kick lately – it must because I’m craving warmer weather!!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..five year time warp

3 Tara @ The Game of Life February 25, 2011 at 6:13 pm

This looks delish!! I love pumpkin… have you tried pumpkin butter?

I found a really good brand, I talked about it on my blog: http://taralynnupshaw.blogspot.com/2011/02/confession.html
Tara @ The Game of Life recently posted..Procrastination at its finest

4 kate@ahealthypassion February 25, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Yum lovee pumpkin pie smoothies! I drink smoothies all year around even when its freezing outside they are just too delicious to wait until summer to drink.
kate@ahealthypassion recently posted..Light Box

5 Stacie February 25, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Oh how quickly I have forgotten about my love for fall and all things pumpkin!
Stacie recently posted..Italian sushi

6 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles February 25, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Well, that just sounds like the perfect Friday night. Enjoy!

7 Alexa @ SimpleEats February 25, 2011 at 9:45 pm

yum! That smoothie sounds delicious. People think I’m weird when I add pumpkin to smoothies!
Alexa @ SimpleEats recently posted..Learn Your ABC’s

8 Katy (The Singing Runner) February 25, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Dang, I knew I should have gotten pumpkin at the store! Back I go tomorrow! ;)

9 Olivia February 25, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Mmmhmm, this looks ridiculously good! I love pumpkin pie smoothies and have made one just like this! I always crave smoothies (and cold cereal!) after yoga and tough workouts too! Nothing more refreshing then that:)
Olivia recently posted..Friday! And great eats!

10 Emily February 25, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I sometimes crave cold things when its freezing out too! That smoothie looks fantastic :) For some reason, I never think to put pumpkin in smoothies but I bet its a great way to thicken them.
Emily recently posted..Something delicious

11 Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine February 26, 2011 at 9:13 am

I had a pumpkin pie smoothie yesterday morning! It was sooo good….now I feel like I need to hoard pumpkin to get me through the summer months!
Gabriela @ Une Vie Saine recently posted..Whipped!

12 Karina February 26, 2011 at 9:55 am

Oh does that sound good! Bookmark!
Karina recently posted..Renovations

13 CaSaundra March 3, 2011 at 10:23 am

I am a huge fan of pumpkin pie–this sounds amazing :-)

14 riza @ down comfort reviews May 9, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I tried making such recipe, and all I can say is “Yummy!” I mean, everyone should try it. Since it is quite easy to make, I always do this for my guests. Thanks for the recipe!
riza @ down comfort reviews recently posted..The Best Tool for Evaluating the Warmest Down Comforter- Reviews